“Loved it!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Lighthouse Inn at Aransas Bay
Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Rockport
“Loved it!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2006

We traveled to Rockport for a couple days and ended up staying all week..We loved this hotel so much...It was comfortable with lovely views. We would definately stay there again...Very nice place!!!

• Stayed December 2006, traveled as a couple
      Location
      Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (356)
southeast Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2006

We stayed at this wonderful establishment for a week in the middle of July. The room was reasonably large and clean and the view was terrific. The kids had fun splashing in the big pool (which we never found to be crowded) and night fishing off the lighted pier. The included morning breakfast buffet was TERRIFFIC. Noise was never a problem and the staff, while not always the most friendly, did accomodate our few requests. We had a very nice, relaxing time here and would recommend it to anyone.

Stayed July 2006
2 Thank Rusty_Goatboy
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2006

We had a wonderful time and by far this was the best money spent for a romantic getaway weekend along the Texas Coast. We arrived Friday night and we were greeted by a really friendly clerk. We checked into a room that was immaculate. Forget those cheap hotel linens and ugly peeling bathroom wallpaper. This was NICE!

The views were breathtaking as you'll see from our photos. Our first night was overlooking the pier, the 2nd nite was overlooking the pool. Both were great so you can't go wrong no matter where your room ends up.

For a summer visit to the tx coast the breeze was wonderful and perfect at night for fishing. We ventured out to the pier ALOT. The convenience of having a pier just steps away from our room was awesome. We got alot of bites when we used shrimp for bait so spend that $6 for that pint of shrimp!

The breakfast wasn't just your typical donut and coffee. It was starbucks, variety of eggs, sausage, bacon, tons of juices & milks, mini banana nut rolls (my fave!) . We ate at 6:30 every morning to avoid the rush around 8:00 when parents got up w/ kids. The staff was very attentive and very friendly, even this early in the morning.

Across the street is the Boiling Pot. We highly recommend getting some crawfish and coming back to the Lighthouse and eating poolside. Order one of the hotels fruity drinks and enjoy. The pool was just the best. Perfect temperature and very clean. And unlike alot of spas, this spa was so clean you didn't mind sinking into it.

Well, I think the pictures will speak volumes. You can't go wrong by going here. We came for our anniversary and it was so worth it. We can't wait to come back. I'm almost jealous about sharing this gem because I don't want it to be booked up next time we go! And book early . We lucked out and got the last 2 rooms that weekend!

• Stayed July 2006
11 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2006

My husband and I planned to stay here from July 4th to July 7th. My husband ended up in the emergency room on July 4th morning with a staff infection (he has to stay off his foot for 3 days) and then we rec'd word that his grandmother was in critical condition and that we needed to come see her (5 hours from Houston). I called the hotel to cancel and they are charging us for 1 night's stay. I explained the situation and offered to fax the ER papers and information from his grandmother's hospital. Julia (the manager on duty) said she was sorry but that she had to still charge us. I asked for a credit for a future stay and she said no. We will NEVER stay here (and we go to Rockport at least 3 times a year) and I would highly discourage anyone else from staying in a place that has such poor customer service and no compassion or understanding for these types of situations.

• Stayed July 2006
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2006

For 20 years, I have spent between 75 and 100 nights on the road for both business and pleasure. I have never been treated so badly. We first saw the hotel on a television show that raved about the fine dining, the magnificent hot tub, etc. etc. and immediately made a reservation. Upon arrival a month later, we found out that the restaurant had closed two weeks prior and that only snacks like nachos and sandwiches were available from the bar. The front desk clerk told me they had to close the restaurant because they could not find employees that could pass a drug test. I asked for a refund but was told there was no way that was going to happen. Rather than walk out and ruin my daughters spring break, I decided to tough it out and hope that things improved.

Later that night, we decide to visit the hot tub. Broken. I asked the front desk. Might be fixed tomorrow they said. It was, but broke again that night. Fixed on the third day finally but hot it was not. Warm tub? Sorta. Hot Tub? No.

Also during my stay, I had to bring in my own luggage on a cart that the hotel provided. I have no problem toting my own bags, but the carts tires were flat. I asked three times in four days for them to fix it so that I would not have so much trouble when I checked out. The front desk clerk (same one) told me "they don't look flat to me!" And let it go at that. Repeated requests to the housekeeping and maintenance staff met with similar results.

I will say that my room was very nice except for the fact that the seagull droppings never get cleaned off the balconies unless it rains.

• Stayed March 2006
20 Thank BigDaddyTexas
San Antonio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2006

Really a relaxing hotel. Lots of quiet places to relax. On the water. And - next to Cheryl's on the Bay - the next best restaurant (after Hemingways) in the area. Cheryl's is not your common restaurant - what tastes, what a menu, what a delight to find.

Stayed April 2006
2 Thank tigre3260
central texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2006

My husband, 13 year-old daughter, and I went to Rockport for Spring Break especially to stay at the Lighthouse Inn. We checked in under the pretense that there was a restaurant for fine dining in the hotel. We found out, after checking in, that the restaurant was only serving "bar food" (nachos, Buffalo wings, etc.) and Contininental breakfast. Apparently this change had taken place just two weeks prior to our arrival. Also, we learned (on our own) that the Hot Tub had broken the night before we arrived and had not been repaired. They could have told us this information when we checked in, stating that it would be repaired soon. The staff was not very friendly and acted as if it pained them to help out.

• Stayed March 2006
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
13 Thank beachbums07
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rockport
Hampton Inn & Suites Rockport - Fulton
#1 of 19 in Port Aransas
Hunt's Castle Hotel
Hunt's Castle Hotel
#17 of 20 in Rockport

Been to Lighthouse Inn at Aransas Bay? Share your experiences!