“The "shrimp goddess"”

Lighthouse Inn at Aransas Bay
Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Rockport
Reviewed December 10, 2013

Before I retired, I traveled extensively around the country. My rule was, "I don't sleep in restaurants and I don't eat in hotels". Well, that got changed last weekend.
I took advantage of your "Texas Coast Holiday Package" (the second package this year) and because of bad weather, we decided to eat at the Inn. Well, I probably don't need to tell you that your cook Leslie "the shrimp goddess" produced the best dining experience I have had in a long time. All I can say is that it was exceptional. On the next night we went down the street to a popular seafood restaurant but it was pale by comparison. Future visits will find me in the Palm Room. In fact, my next visit might be because of the Palm Room.
Thank you for your attention to detail. We look forward to our next visit.
Glen C

Room Tip: Bay side rooms are better this time of year. Be sure to try the Palm Room for drinks and dinner
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Glen C
Brian O, General Manager at Lighthouse Inn at Aransas Bay, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2013

Glen, Thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review. Leslie was so overjoyed by your comment about her and her shrimp that she got a bit emotional, in a good way!! The Palm Room Bar and Grill team works very hard to provide each customer with an outstanding meal and experience. It is greatly appreciated that you noticed that. I am pleased to see that you took advantage of another special package. We try to offer something new each month. We all hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed December 4, 2013

I booked our reservation on line and when we arrived our names didn't show up in their computer. I showed them a print out of our reservation and was then given a room. We were surprised when we got to our room as it was a lot larger than the one we reserved. I mentioned it to the person at the desk and she told us that we were placed in a captain's suite because of the mix up. Well it was very nice and comfortable. This is the Third time what we have spent Thanksgiving there and hopefully there will many more as the staff treats you like family.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Hill1938
Brian O, General Manager at Lighthouse Inn at Aransas Bay, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I am sorry for the mix up with your reservation. I am glad that it was resolved quickly and that we were able to upgrade your room. The hotel staff does try to treat all of our guest like family. For many of them, our hotel is their home away from home. We all look forward to seeing you next Thanksgiving if not sooner.

Reviewed December 3, 2013

Good room , breakfast reasonable, restaurant average, nice pool and hot tub. Need good weather to enjoy area. We arrived in 80 degrees, next morning down to 40 degrees with wind which severely limited our options. We had a nice suite which was warm considering the weather we even lost power one day due to the weather. Plenty of restaurants serving good fish and shrimp meals, the hotel restaurant was average and part of bar menu didn't change in 4 days but food served was good. Breakfast was continental with hot food in form of waffles, scrambled egg, scrambled egg with bacon and sausages. Most guests came for fishing or hunting.

Room Tip: Choice of two either bay view or garden/street view
1  Thank Anthony L
Brian O, General Manager at Lighthouse Inn at Aransas Bay, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review about your stay. What interesting weather we had in Rockport while you were here! Thank goodness the power went out during the day light hours and was restored fairly quickly. It effected about 5 square miles south from our location. We will work on offering a better variety at breakfast. There should have been ham slices one morning of your stay but the breakfast crew didn’t put it out as scheduled. We hope to see you back in Rockport soon.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

Most recent stay with a friend to fish. Weather was cold. Room was nice warm and comfortable. Staff is always welcoming and friendly. Rooms well appointed. Buffet breakfast is included. Nice property. Nice views. Great location.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Brian O, General Manager at Lighthouse Inn at Aransas Bay, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review about your most recent stay. Yes the weather did turn cold for a few days. I hope you still had the opportunity to catch some fish. I like the comments about the hotel and staff. The staff reads ALL of our reviews and greatly appreciate being recognized! We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

We enjoyed our 4-night stay in a 2-room suite with full kitchen overlooking Aransas Bay. The hotel is right on the water, whereas the other hotels and motels we saw in the area were set further back. The bed was comfortable, the staff friendly and responsive, and the free hot breakfast was good. We especially liked being able to sit in rocking chairs on our balcony and watch the fishing boats go in and out of the marina next door. Still, there were enough negatives to bring our overall rating down to average. The hotel is old and, while it appears to have been updated at some point in the past, the furniture was a little seedy and the room showed its age. One day the cleaning crew ran the dishwasher in our kitchen with only a saucepan lid in it, leaving out the saucepan itself and several utensils.

Room Tip: Try to stay on the bay side. The other side just has the parking lot or pool to look at.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Brian O, General Manager at Lighthouse Inn at Aransas Bay, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write this review about your recent stay with us. I have spoken to the housekeeping staff about how to properly use the dishwasher and to put ALL of the use items for cleaning in it! I do appreciate the kind comments about our friendly and responsive staff. We will be working on some updates throughout the hotel in the next few months. We hope you will notice them on you return visits.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

A multi-day beach trip, with children and all their stuff and snacks, a three-hour drive away can be exhausting and not much of a vacation for me (the mom). But I could truly relax and recharge at the Lighthouse Inn. We booked a poolside suite in October via Travelzoo, which came with drink (oops, forgot to use those) and dinner vouchers. It was fabulous to go out on the patio and have the pool and hot tub steps away. (There are separate doors to the patio from both the living room and bedroom, which I appreciated with a party of 4 so nobody disturbs the others going in & out). There's a full kitchen so I made dinner one night and lunch one day, which saved even more money. As for the hotel's restaurant, the hot breakfast was good, the grilled shrimp at dinner was great, the view is stunning. So stunning that we wandered out to the pier after ordering our food and lost track of time. This must happen regularly because the staff actually came out to find us when the food was ready! We each ordered a cocktail and I was surprised at how pricey they were, but I should have used my vouchers, now, shouldn't I? Everything was clean, quiet, comfortable, and well-stocked, we enjoyed the library and pool very much, and the landscaping is beautiful. The owners and staff were beyond friendly and accommodating - one morning I had a flat tire and they actually got out a compressor and aired it up for me and gave me directions to the tire place! That's how much they value their guests. Bonus: Rockport Beach is right down the street a mile away and an HEB is between the two to pick up food and beach supplies. We will definitely be back - hopefully for longer next time.

Room Tip: All rooms are suites, and all have balconies (covered patios on the first floor). Bayside rooms have...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Brian O, General Manager at Lighthouse Inn at Aransas Bay, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2013

WOW, what a wonderful review. Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. ALL of the hotel employees appreciate your kind word. I know that Dwight was so pleased to be able to get enough air in your tire so you could get to the tire store. We as a team work very hard to provide exceptional service and accommodations. It is so nice to be recognized for doing so. I do hope your next stay will be a long and relaxing one.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

The hospitality is always very nice. We again had a very relaxing stay while watching the pelicans in bay from our porch. Close location to great food, nice small movie theatre, blue wave park and museums.

Room Tip: Bayside rooms are the best.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Brian O, General Manager at Lighthouse Inn at Aransas Bay, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review. I am so pleased that you continue to enjoy coming to the Lighthouse Inn. We will continue to work on providing the high level of customer service you have experienced. We ALL look forward to your return visit.
The Lighthouse Inn at Aransas Bay

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rockport
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rockport / Bay View
Hampton Inn & Suites Rockport - Fulton
BEST WESTERN Port Aransas
BEST WESTERN Port Aransas
#1 of 20 in Port Aransas

Been to Lighthouse Inn at Aransas Bay? Share your experiences!