“Charming Retreat on the Bay”

Lighthouse Inn at Aransas Bay
Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Rockport
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Thanks to a special Trip Advisor rate, hubby & I made our first visit to The Lighthouse for 3 nights (Sun-Wed) and agreed we'd go back again. Loved the traditional atmosphere, friendly staff, and great location right on the water and near good local restaurants. The balcony and pier rocking chairs were a relaxing highlight for me. Also liked the lobby area with the adjacent small library (you can get a book to read) and bar/sitting area. The captain suite (kitchen, living room, balcony, separate bedroom, 2 TVs) was great for a multi-day stay. Complimentary breakfast buffet was fresh and generous but agree with others a little variety would be nice. Would've liked a bay view suite but none were available (even without the good rate). We're satisfied with the value and overall experience and plan to be repeat customers.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Pamela F
liabgm, General Manager at Lighthouse Inn at Aransas Bay, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review and share your pictures with us. I am very pleased that you took advantage of our TripAdvisor special rate. It really is a bargain. From the description of your stay, I can tell that you explored the entire property and surrounding area. I will definitely work on getting more variety on the breakfast buffet. We all look forward to your repeat visits.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

We just got back from a two night stay at the Lighthouse Inn. We were very pleased! Of course, it was off-season, but things were very quiet, the way we like them. The room was all we needed, the complimentary breakfast was delicious, fresh, and abundant. We loved our balcony overlooking the water. My only quibble and disappointment is that the balcony rail completely obscured the view for me when I was seated in the rocking chair! I'm a fairly short woman, but not out of the ordinary (5'3"). The wider part of the railing was just at my eye level, so I found myself not as inclined to sit out there as was my husband, who is 6' tall and could see well. I enjoyed the chairs outside by the water to get my fill of the view.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sbuent51

Thank you for writing this wonderful review. I am delighted that you were so pleased with your stay. I understand your disappointment with the railing height getting in the way of your view. The railings were built to the current safety codes for height and the Victorian design in structure. I am glad that you were able to sit on the bulkhead and enjoy the view that way. I appreciate you sharing your picture with everyone. They are beautiful. We hope you will return to Rockport and our hotel very soon.

Reviewed October 12, 2012 via mobile

Great spot for my girlfriend and I on a five day vacation. The bar staff is about as classic as they come and the food is decent. We went out to eat every night and used the cab service so we could have some cocktails. The fishing is great, if you flyfish use Eric Knipling, he's the man...

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank BBScb
liabgm, General Manager at Lighthouse Inn at Aransas Bay, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2012

Thank you for writing this wonderful review. I am so pleased that you had success fishing with Capt. Eric, he is one of the top fly fishing guides in our area. The staff appreciates your comments as well. They work hard to keep our guests happy and are so delighted when we do. I hope you and your girlfriend will return to visit us very soon.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

We stayed at the Lighthouse Inn in September 2012. It was quaint with a good location to a variety of small restaurants, but the staff was a bit unfriendly at the desk. We had a room that over looked the bay - the view was spectacular - thus the "very good" rating. The hotel is older, which is part of it's appeal, but considering the cost I did expect more of the decor (i.e. the bedding needs to be updated).

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I do appreciate your candid comments and will discuss them with the Front Desk staff and other managers. Your pictures are beautiful and give a great view from the hotel rooms. Thank you for sharing them with everyone. We hope to see you back here in Rockport soon.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

I only stayed one night for pleasure and business, but loved the Inn and will go back in a couple of weeks. Great views, good accommodations and decent breakfast all for a reasonable price. I loved the history of the hotel and the easily accesible location. Will try for the second floor bay side next time - maybe a little more private.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
liabgm, General Manager at Lighthouse Inn at Aransas Bay, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review. I am so pleased that you will be back in a few weeks. The 2nd and 3rd floor rooms have a better view of Aransas Bay as the higher up you go, the farther you can see across the bay. We will look forward to your return.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

This hotel an older resort circa 1964 but it has great views, good seafood and pretty manicured grounds. Be prepared to walk as it has long hallways and only a few exits. The staff iare friendly and accommodating. As we returned home we realized we forgot our Nikon binoculars in the room.Sure enough when we called we were told by housekeeping that they were not only located but would be mailed as soon as possible, but apologized because they would have to charge my credit card for the postage. They arrived within several days & were in perfect condition, just like we left them. That is SERVICE.

Room Tip: Bay views of sunrise are very pretty, but if you are a swimmer and like the pool the area is great w...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
liabgm, General Manager at Lighthouse Inn at Aransas Bay, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2012

Thank you very much for this wonderful review. I am so pleased that we got your Nikon binoculars back to you so quickly. You are so right about the views of the Bay, especially at sunrise it is beautiful. The sunsets from the other side of the hotel are very nice as well. We all hope that you will return very soon.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

My husband & I wanted to get away for a few days so we booked a room at the Lighthouse Inn Aransas Bay. WE ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT!

We happened to receive a package special through trip advisor and it was super savings so we decided to book a trip for this past Sunday, Monday nights. We checked out on Tuesday. That was obviously a great time to be there because there were very few guest using the pool & jacuzzi. We used the pool both days and both days we swam alone! It was fantastic! The music they have piped around the pool area was also very, very enjoyable!!!!

We stayed in a room that had a king bed with a pull out sofa & kitchenette. The kitchen had everything you need, you don't even have to bring any utencils, pots or pan from home. It's fully stocked!

They had a flat screen TV in the living area and another flat screen TV in the bedroom which made it very convenient for us!

They provide you with warm soft bath robe for after your bath and large pool towels to use when you visit the pool area. The bed was very comfortable and the A/C worked perfectly!

The entire facility was VERY, VERY, VERY clean. The pool was clean and the jacuzzi was very clean too. I actually saw one of the staffers checking the chemicals in the pool several times while we were there. They keep a close eye on that, which I think is great!

Our breakfasts & dinners were delicious (several choices of food) and the food was hot and delicious! It was a quiet & we sat by the windows where we had a view of the bay at each meal.

The patio has 2 rocking chairs which was wonderful. My husband and I were able to relax and enjoy our time there. They also have lounge chairs where you can tan if you want to...it's great! All of the landscape around the Lighthouse Inn is carefully manicured & beautifully cared for.

The staff was extremely responsive to our needs and all of the staff was friendly and very helpful. The maid

The Lighthouse Inn is in a perfect location because my husband & I were also able to walk to restaurants & gift shops...we didn't even have to drive if we didn't want to.

I can't say enough about the Lighthouse Inn at Arnasas Bay! We LOVED it and we plan on staying there as often as possible! As long as we receive the same type of service we will be lifetime customers!

I'm keeping my fingers crossed...hoping that we receive another super-saver special soon so we can go again!

To the Lighthouse Inn management & staff - YOU ARE DOING A TERRIFIC JOB! Keep it up!

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 25. It's on the 1st floor at the end of the building. It's a great room...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
liabgm, General Manager at Lighthouse Inn at Aransas Bay, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this magnificent review! I am very pleased that you took advantage of the special promotion through TripAdvisor. We will continue to offer some type of special rate or promotion on their site. You definitely came to Rockport at the right time of year. Now that school has started, we have fewer families during the week. The entire hotel team appreciates your comments about doing a terrific job. We all work very hard to provide a high level of service and it feels wonderful to be recognized for it. I post all of our TripAdvisor reviews for the staff to read and they really like yours. We hope you will have the opportunity to return to Rockport and The Lighthouse Inn very soon.
The Lighthouse Inn at Aransas Bay

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rockport
La Quinta Inn & Suites Rockport - Fulton
#17 of 20 in Rockport
Plantation Suites
Plantation Suites
#5 of 20 in Port Aransas

Been to Lighthouse Inn at Aransas Bay? Share your experiences!