“Nicest place in Rockport by far!!!!”

Lighthouse Inn at Aransas Bay
Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Rockport
Reviewed October 12, 2012 via mobile

Great spot for my girlfriend and I on a five day vacation. The bar staff is about as classic as they come and the food is decent. We went out to eat every night and used the cab service so we could have some cocktails. The fishing is great, if you flyfish use Eric Knipling, he's the man...

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank BBScb
liabgm, General Manager at Lighthouse Inn at Aransas Bay, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2012

Thank you for writing this wonderful review. I am so pleased that you had success fishing with Capt. Eric, he is one of the top fly fishing guides in our area. The staff appreciates your comments as well. They work hard to keep our guests happy and are so delighted when we do. I hope you and your girlfriend will return to visit us very soon.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

We stayed at the Lighthouse Inn in September 2012. It was quaint with a good location to a variety of small restaurants, but the staff was a bit unfriendly at the desk. We had a room that over looked the bay - the view was spectacular - thus the "very good" rating. The hotel is older, which is part of it's appeal, but considering the cost I did expect more of the decor (i.e. the bedding needs to be updated).

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I do appreciate your candid comments and will discuss them with the Front Desk staff and other managers. Your pictures are beautiful and give a great view from the hotel rooms. Thank you for sharing them with everyone. We hope to see you back here in Rockport soon.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

I only stayed one night for pleasure and business, but loved the Inn and will go back in a couple of weeks. Great views, good accommodations and decent breakfast all for a reasonable price. I loved the history of the hotel and the easily accesible location. Will try for the second floor bay side next time - maybe a little more private.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
liabgm, General Manager at Lighthouse Inn at Aransas Bay, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review. I am so pleased that you will be back in a few weeks. The 2nd and 3rd floor rooms have a better view of Aransas Bay as the higher up you go, the farther you can see across the bay. We will look forward to your return.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

This hotel an older resort circa 1964 but it has great views, good seafood and pretty manicured grounds. Be prepared to walk as it has long hallways and only a few exits. The staff iare friendly and accommodating. As we returned home we realized we forgot our Nikon binoculars in the room.Sure enough when we called we were told by housekeeping that they were not only located but would be mailed as soon as possible, but apologized because they would have to charge my credit card for the postage. They arrived within several days & were in perfect condition, just like we left them. That is SERVICE.

Room Tip: Bay views of sunrise are very pretty, but if you are a swimmer and like the pool the area is great w...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
liabgm, General Manager at Lighthouse Inn at Aransas Bay, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2012

Thank you very much for this wonderful review. I am so pleased that we got your Nikon binoculars back to you so quickly. You are so right about the views of the Bay, especially at sunrise it is beautiful. The sunsets from the other side of the hotel are very nice as well. We all hope that you will return very soon.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

My husband & I wanted to get away for a few days so we booked a room at the Lighthouse Inn Aransas Bay. WE ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT!

We happened to receive a package special through trip advisor and it was super savings so we decided to book a trip for this past Sunday, Monday nights. We checked out on Tuesday. That was obviously a great time to be there because there were very few guest using the pool & jacuzzi. We used the pool both days and both days we swam alone! It was fantastic! The music they have piped around the pool area was also very, very enjoyable!!!!

We stayed in a room that had a king bed with a pull out sofa & kitchenette. The kitchen had everything you need, you don't even have to bring any utencils, pots or pan from home. It's fully stocked!

They had a flat screen TV in the living area and another flat screen TV in the bedroom which made it very convenient for us!

They provide you with warm soft bath robe for after your bath and large pool towels to use when you visit the pool area. The bed was very comfortable and the A/C worked perfectly!

The entire facility was VERY, VERY, VERY clean. The pool was clean and the jacuzzi was very clean too. I actually saw one of the staffers checking the chemicals in the pool several times while we were there. They keep a close eye on that, which I think is great!

Our breakfasts & dinners were delicious (several choices of food) and the food was hot and delicious! It was a quiet & we sat by the windows where we had a view of the bay at each meal.

The patio has 2 rocking chairs which was wonderful. My husband and I were able to relax and enjoy our time there. They also have lounge chairs where you can tan if you want to...it's great! All of the landscape around the Lighthouse Inn is carefully manicured & beautifully cared for.

The staff was extremely responsive to our needs and all of the staff was friendly and very helpful. The maid

The Lighthouse Inn is in a perfect location because my husband & I were also able to walk to restaurants & gift shops...we didn't even have to drive if we didn't want to.

I can't say enough about the Lighthouse Inn at Arnasas Bay! We LOVED it and we plan on staying there as often as possible! As long as we receive the same type of service we will be lifetime customers!

I'm keeping my fingers crossed...hoping that we receive another super-saver special soon so we can go again!

To the Lighthouse Inn management & staff - YOU ARE DOING A TERRIFIC JOB! Keep it up!

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 25. It's on the 1st floor at the end of the building. It's a great room...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
liabgm, General Manager at Lighthouse Inn at Aransas Bay, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this magnificent review! I am very pleased that you took advantage of the special promotion through TripAdvisor. We will continue to offer some type of special rate or promotion on their site. You definitely came to Rockport at the right time of year. Now that school has started, we have fewer families during the week. The entire hotel team appreciates your comments about doing a terrific job. We all work very hard to provide a high level of service and it feels wonderful to be recognized for it. I post all of our TripAdvisor reviews for the staff to read and they really like yours. We hope you will have the opportunity to return to Rockport and The Lighthouse Inn very soon.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

I stayed with my elderly parents at the Lighthouse Inn just last week. We all 3 agreed that the hotel was very nice. Beautiful grounds and nice view. We enjoyed the breakfast, although it would be nice if there were some different choices each day...such as omelets or quiches or poached eggs, instead of only scrambled eggs every day. The make-it-yourself waffles were wonderful. How about adding pigs in a blanket one day, in addition to waffles? How about also adding something light and healthy to the buffet table, such as yogurt parfaits and cut up fruit? It just seemed as if it needed some more options. Also, since 1/2 the American population are lactose intollerent, how about having an alternative creamer for the coffee besides just milk, such as soy milk (Silk makes a great soy coffee creamer, btw)? Other than that, the experience at the hotel was really nice. I do think the prices are a bit high, though. You should offer more specials and have more coupons available. Also, the gift shop was kind of small and under impressive. We loved the gazebo and walking out on the peer, and the well kept grounds. The hallways of the hotel inside actually had a very light pleasant smell, unlike some hotels that smell musty, stuffy and old. Everything seemed clean and well maintained.

Room Tip: We were glad we paid extra for the room that had a view of the Bay. It was so relaxing and enjoyabl...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank amy r

Thank you for taking the time to write this very nice review. I am so pleased that you and your parents enjoyed your stay. I appreciate your comments about the additional items for our breakfast buffet. It is always nice to get input from our guest so that we can make their stay even more enjoyable. We will look into them and see what we can do. We do have monthly emails promoting special packages with great rates. Look for them in the future. We also have a special promotion on the TripAdvisor website. I hope you can take advantage of them for your future visits. We all look forward to seeing you back in Rockport very soon.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

My mother and I stay here appx. 8 mths ago(sorry such a late review) The beds/room we're very comforted and the room overlooked the pool. Very clean and neat. The breakfast next morning was very good and alot of choices. I would stay again for sure. Rockport is a great place to visit, fish, shop. People are very friendly. Visit Castaway's Resale Shop and the beach.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
liabgm, General Manager at Lighthouse Inn at Aransas Bay, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012

Thank you for for this wonderful review. I appreciate you kind comments about the hotel and Rockport. We as a hotel work very hard to provide friendly customer service. It is always good when the community we live in does the same. I hope we will see you again soon.
The Lighthouse Inn at Aransas Bay

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rockport
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rockport / Bay View
#1 of 4 in Fulton
Hunt's Castle Hotel
Hunt's Castle Hotel
#17 of 20 in Rockport

Been to Lighthouse Inn at Aransas Bay? Share your experiences!