“good food”
Review of JD's Seafood Restaurant - CLOSED

JD's Seafood Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Healthy
Good for: Local cuisine
Description: JD himself is the chef in this locally owned and operated restaurant serving up local fresh seafood, authentic Philly cheesesteaks, Mediterraean salads, Blackened Redfish Ponchatrain with Crawfish Etouffee, chicken fried steaks including fried cheesecake and deep fried bananas.....Come see us!
Abilene, Texas
“good food”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

The food was very good, but it was VERY expensive we thought. It was a lot of food on the plate and my son and I could share but it was still very high prices. The service was not very good either. Not sure if we'd go back honestly.

Visited June 2013

Fort Worth, Texas
“The best Po Boy outside of New Orleans!”
Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

Went to get there famous shrimp Po boy. Thing was huge! Loaded with shrimp, so much that you have to eat some off before picking it up. Like everyone says, the service is slow. But it's not a 4 star restaurant. It is a fast food joint! I would for sure go back.

• Visited June 2013
Georgetown, Texas
“Where the locals get their seafood”
Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

JD's is a BYOB informal establishment with just very good food. The Mediterranean Salad is chock full of shrimp, olives, feta, and other wonderful veggies. The Chicken Fried Steak is huge and well cooked. I try to eat here every time I come to Rockport - just a few miles south on 35...take the drive! And you must start your meal with the shrimp and artichoke dip with homemade potato chips.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Noni53
Devine, Texas, United States
“Two hour wait for food!”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

We have been patrons of JD since day one. We have been loyal, rolled with the price increases and still enjoyed the food. But tonight was the second time we have waited an extremely long time to be served. Last time we waited an hour. Tonight it was 2 hours! No salads, no chips, no crackers, no bread and we had a 2 year old with us. We placed his chicken fingers order the minute we walked in. Didn't even enjoy the food when it finally came due to the anger of the wait! Should have walked out, but stayed and paid the $90 tab and will never go again!!!

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank Debbie B
Olathe, Kansas
“Not so good”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Not a really great experience. Watching my friends enjoying their good (but expensive) crab stuffed flounder "special" while I tried to gag down cold, doughy crab cakes did not make for a good evening. Had everyone else at the table try my crab cakes and they received a unanimous thumbs down. Seriously. It is a seafood place. How hard is it to make a reasonably edible crab cake? The bright spots are the no-corking-fee BYOB and the nice helpful wait staff. Still doesn't offset the price/value issue on the food for me. Place was pretty busy and recommended by locals. I guess they know what to order and what not to order there. With all of the other seafood choices in Rockport, I probably won't be going back to this one.

• Visited May 2013