“go for the company not the food”
Review of Hemingways Bar and Grill - CLOSED

Hemingways Bar and Grill
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: This is more than just greasy fried fish. Hemingways creates an elegant, yet reasonable menu selection. If you are looking for a place to relax away from the noisy and crowded bars, this is the place to go. The food is spectacular.
Reviewed November 6, 2012

We went for a birthday party celebration and had a great time with our friends. We would have enjoyed the company just as well at Latitudes , Glow or Lighthouse Inn. AND the food would have been MUCH better. If you want overpriced,cold ,mediocre to poor food then go to Hemingway's. If you want good , chef quality food, skip Hemingway's and go someplace else. The steaks were cold as were the "mashers", and asparagus. The chef shoud revisit culinary school and see what a Creme Brulee really is. We will never go back. And yes, we are locals.

3  Thank Sue H

Reviewed October 14, 2012

After closing for renovations, this popular restaurant has reopened brighter and better than ever. The manager David is anxious to please and Chef Paul is preparing delicious food in the kitchen. More waitstaff is needed but the service is friendly. For a slow, special meal in a small, quaint bayside town, try this one.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

I went to Hemingway's on Friday, Sept. 14, 2012 around 6 PM for a quick dinner. I like their Ahi Tuna. They were only serving appetizers which was OK with me. I ordered a Mai ti and sliders. The Mai ti had no alcohol in it and tasted like weak flavored water. The sliders were OK. The waitress said I would like coming back next month because they were going to start having dancing like in the old days and I would fit in. We older generation people . . . She was probably 10- 15 years older than me! She never did bring my change back when I paid my bill, so she got a 30% tip for insulting me and serving a Mai ti with no alcohol.
This restaurant usually has fabulous food and a great wait staff. I hope it gets back to its formal quality.

1  Thank butterflyhummingbird
Reviewed July 19, 2012 via mobile

My family went for dinner on a Wednesday night. No wait, so that was nice. Food was great and cooked to your order. The restaurant was very quiet and dark, so maybe not the best place to take my 3 children, but they did have a kids menu, and my girls loved the food they were served. Heard about their brunch in Sundays. We can't wait to go back and try that.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

We live here and have enjoyed hemingways off and on. Nice setting, nice ambiance. However, really not good food. Apparently another new chef. Limp food, hot inedible coleslaw, wet salad, salty over-baconed appetizer. The waitress was understanding so I don't blame her but I will be anxiously awaiting the next chef... Don't bother.

2  Thank Crhall66