“poor everything”
Review of Hemingways Bar and Grill - CLOSED

Hemingways Bar and Grill
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: This is more than just greasy fried fish. Hemingways creates an elegant, yet reasonable menu selection. If you are looking for a place to relax away from the noisy and crowded bars, this is the place to go. The food is spectacular.
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I went to Hemingway's on Friday, Sept. 14, 2012 around 6 PM for a quick dinner. I like their Ahi Tuna. They were only serving appetizers which was OK with me. I ordered a Mai ti and sliders. The Mai ti had no alcohol in it and tasted like weak flavored water. The sliders were OK. The waitress said I would like coming back next month because they were going to start having dancing like in the old days and I would fit in. We older generation people . . . She was probably 10- 15 years older than me! She never did bring my change back when I paid my bill, so she got a 30% tip for insulting me and serving a Mai ti with no alcohol.
This restaurant usually has fabulous food and a great wait staff. I hope it gets back to its formal quality.

1  Thank butterflyhummingbird

Reviewed July 19, 2012 via mobile

My family went for dinner on a Wednesday night. No wait, so that was nice. Food was great and cooked to your order. The restaurant was very quiet and dark, so maybe not the best place to take my 3 children, but they did have a kids menu, and my girls loved the food they were served. Heard about their brunch in Sundays. We can't wait to go back and try that.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

We live here and have enjoyed hemingways off and on. Nice setting, nice ambiance. However, really not good food. Apparently another new chef. Limp food, hot inedible coleslaw, wet salad, salty over-baconed appetizer. The waitress was understanding so I don't blame her but I will be anxiously awaiting the next chef... Don't bother.

2  Thank Crhall66
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Hemingways is supposed to be a fine dining experience and it used to be but it has started going down hill.

Reviewed July 2, 2012

Went here for lunch on our way out of town. There was a nice mix of people here, from the "ladies who lunch" to younger folks down to the beach for the day. Good food from the lunch menu. And watching the fish in the large aquarium was fun.