“Great place to stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rockport
The Last Resort RV Park, Motels, and Cabins
Reviewed March 26, 2014

I researched many resort/campsites before choosing this one. I do not like rv "resorts" that are just a slab of cement with hookups, where the campsites are 6 inches apart. There is a nice amount of space between campsites here, There are a lot of trees,with good shade coverage,which will be great during the hot summer monthes. The owners are very friendly and helpful. The location is nice,not in the middle of everything, so it is nice and quiet,but not too far out either,just perfect. Some of the campsites closer to the beach would be way too windy. You get nice breezes through here, but not like the gale force winds closer to the beech.

Room Tip: Ask for a spot that has good tree coverage,which is most of the spots.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank redcrawfish59

Reviewed March 25, 2014

I came to Rockport looking for a place to keep our trailer for several months. We stopped by The Last Resort and the office is closed on weekends?? I looked around the park and the weeds were as high as my knees. Then I stopped to use the ladies room and it was a mess. I read the previous reviews and there was indeed paint splatter all over the floor, no toilet paper and nothing to use to wash or dry my hands. The website is lovely but I can't say the same for the park. Every other place we stopped at the office was open and we found a lovely place to stay. I would say that The Last Resort is below average, they need to do some serious maintanence and up keep on their facility.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank Knittinggirl2014
Amber C, Manager at The Last Resort RV Park, Motels, and Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2015

The park got a new manager in April of 2014 and everything is coming along great. We have new office hours Monday-Saturday till 5. Also on Sunday's the manager is a phone call away. Please take time to revisit the park and all of our changes. We even put on a fishing tournament for everyone around.

Reviewed February 26, 2014

Just spent a month in our RV at the Last Resort. What a difference a new manager can make. They are now printing a weekly newsletter and have music jam sessions in the recreation room every Sunday. The bathrooms have been remodeled, painted white and the floors completely refinished. We met some wonderful people like Gary and JJ. The office has been remodeled since our last visit and they have a knife shop set up selling Ka Bar and other brands. The manager was very kind to us and the receptionist Laura was a real gem. Five Stars.

• Stayed: February 2014
3  Thank WinterTexanTroutMan
Reviewed February 12, 2014 via mobile

We have come here several years but have been unable for the last three years. The manager was really nice but it is not so much snow birds anymore. It had workers living there now they don't clean up round there sites. Also; people has a big dog beside us and did not clean up after the dog . Said something to office they said they would handle it but didn't last long. The camper next to us had a leaking sewer hose so we couldn't sit outside at times. Was told working on clubhouse never happened.We moved to another park.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank heatherlykj
Reviewed February 9, 2014

We have stayed at the Last Resort for several years. Yes, they have a new manager and it might be taking sometime for them to find their way, but the old quality and pride in the park seems to be very lacking. First, can we get toilet paper in the restrooms like the good old days! While talking about the restrooms, the new paint job with all the runs and drips of paint on the floors and counters seems to be a true indication of the lack of pride the new management team has in making the park better. It looks like a four year old painted the restrooms! Have some pride in your work and your park. Second, the park residents used to pick up after their dogs. Now very few seem to bother. Basically, watch were you walk. I hope the new management quickly finds their way and resumes a course of keeping up with the day to day basics of running a park.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Alan H

The park had another new manager. The park has come along way since your stay.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

We just spent a month at The Last Resort in a fifth wheel and describe the experience as quite and relaxing. The resort is covered in beautiful live oak trees that creates great cover throughout the park. Mike will see that you have a great time and give you tips about the areas. The park is very quite and the other guests are friendly. Mike supplies a cable box so you have access to the full cable line up. Wifi goes throughout the park. The park is about half way between Rockport and Aransas Pass and 12 miles from Port Aransas. There is excellent seafood at JD's Restaurant and Shempys, both within a mile of this park. In addition to RV sites, there are cabins and a motel on the property and both look very nice. We highly recommend this park and will definitely stay here again the next time we are in this area.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Don T
Reviewed February 3, 2014

I have nothing but praise for the team at The Last Resort and it would appear the same rating extends back several years. I am from Montana – We are famous for our hand-shake, word is your bond hospitality and hearty welcome to our Big Sky Country. I had no idea where I was headed this last fall, only that I knew I would be headed south with hopes of experiencing more moderate winter weather. We have Texas guests every October for hunting season and one evening I asked, “Where would a good place be to pull a RV Trailer and stay close to the Gulf in Texas”? The gentleman gave several suggestions but high on the list was The Last Resort, as his family had stayed here many times when he was growing up. He had fond memories of the resort with his dad, mom and grandparents.
I decided to head out on his recommendation and my first contact with Mr. Michael Snody took place by cell phone in Amarillo, TX. I soon realized the recommendation was close to accurate as management began treating me with courtesy and consideration several hundred miles out. Once I arrived, I was most impressed with the facility. I was set up as ‘home’ in no time. This feeling of ‘SAFE Arrival’ from the long journey without any hitches was most appreciated! The rates are reasonable and actually, lower than similar RV Parks in the area. The grounds are clean and secure and I have had several requests handled with courtesy, efficiency and a smile. I scheduled for several months and I would definitely come back and spend quality time at The Last Resort.
FIVE STARS - The family owned resort has plenty to offer.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo