“Surfside Saved the Day!!”

Surfside Inn Suites
Ranked #10 of 20 Hotels in Rockport
Reviewed July 8, 2012

Our family had a bad experience at another hotel and luckily Surfside had a suite available the nights we needed. The room was very clean and the beds were very comfortable. The hotel also offered free wifi and the pool was very nice with a pool patio area with tables and chairs to relax. They have several picnic tables and benches throughout the property for guests to soak up the sun and breeze. I'm not a fisher, but the pier was very nice, my husband loved it and would stay out there all night.

Great experience overall! The owner, his family and the entire hotel staff were very friendly. I would recommend this hotel to my family and friends, I think it's a great choice.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Lisette T

Reviewed July 7, 2012

My family and I a total of 13 recently stayed at Surfside and here is what our stay consisted of! We arrived on a Sunday and departed on Wednesday, we had 1 suite and 2 extra rooms. The suite my Aunts and Grandmother shared with the kitchenette had roaches crawling everywhere and my sister actually took a roach to the front office to show them and all the owner would do or say is "oh i'm sorry!" My room did not have roaches that I seen however my daughters woke up every morning with bites on them leading me to believe they must have had bed bugs! The final straw for me was when I was woke up @ 7:30 in the morning (while I was supposed to be enjoying vacation mind you) by the lawn service people! I couldn't go back to sleep so decided to go sit on the benches outside so that my children could still sleep and while sitting outside my room the man weed-eating claims he didn't see me while I was maybe only 4 feet away from him sends a flying rock into my leg! At this point I am more than upset and I go to the office and ask to speak to the manager and she tells me he is sleeping and I tell her I need to talk to him and she again said he was sleeping which at this point I am really getting furious because she is smiling at me when obviously I am not happy! Finally, I tell her I was sleeping too and did not appreciate being woke up my lawn mowers so she needed to wake him up because I was not leaving until I spoke with him. She then goes and gets him and he comes down and greets me and when I explained to him what happened and show him the already apparent bruise on my leg he tells me "oh i'm sorry" just as he did with the roaches! He then tells me he will talk to the lawn service company and never asked if there was anything he could do after I told him we would NOT be staying with him again if that was the type of customer service they had. Needless to say our trip and our stay was not a happy one! I have been going to Rockport for 33 years and most of my trips have included me staying at Surfside through the exchange of different owners and it has been a family tradition for years there but this last trip has changed all that sadly. If they do not care that they have a bug problem and do not care that their guests are being hit by flying objects outside their room then I have a feeling that Surfside once again will be handed to other owners. It's very sad because as they have done so much to bring the rooms up to date they don't care that guests are who keeps them in business. I would not recommend this place to anyone. I have recently returned on another trip and stayed at The Inn of Fulton Harbor and I must say I believe I have found a new place to start family traditions!

Room Tip: Take bug spray for the rooms!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
12  Thank Misty M
Reviewed July 5, 2012

My husband and I stayed here due to a friends families experiences. They have been coming for years. I will say I was not disappointed. The outside is mediocre, landscaping, but the room was immaculate and big enough not to feel cramped. The management takes pride in there facility and you can tell. They greeted me by name, probably due to the fact that I told them about my friends. We would definitely stay there again. The pier was excellent, but would be nice if they had some cover to protect one from the sun. However none of the piers have cover. The pier is private and well lit.
The king room had a small sink, similar to a wetbar, a 2 burner stove and a nice little frig. with freezer. The TVs are the old type not flat screen, but with the pride of ownership, I would imagine this too, will change. Free wifi was throughout.

Room Tip: The rooms were quiet, bed comfortable, A/C a little noisy. Parking is readily available. The proper...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Wjhib
Reviewed June 4, 2012

My family and I have been going to rockport every year for the past 6 years and it gets better and better every year....reasonable price,everything you need is near by and the owners are very nice and always make it a better stay every year. I will be there this weekend!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Daniel L
Reviewed May 26, 2012

Surfside Inn is really an example of the American Dream in action. The owners take pride in their establishment and really care about their guests. My wife and I managed to get away for the weekend to Rockport and decided to stay at the Surfside for our anniversary. First thing is the room was absolutely spotless. It appeared that the Surfside had just had an update, the furnishings were very nicely done. The room was also quiet except for the evening, when some very rude guests decided their kids had to use the pool past the regular pool hours. This was followed by some very loud guests drinking long necks at the set of picnic tables near the pool and carrying on like they were at a bar. This went on from Midnight to 2 am. My fault was not contacting the owners and telling them about all the noise, which I should have done. Back to the room...it was also equipped with a small frig and microwave and the jacuzzi was very quiet and relaxing. The pier that is across the street from the Surfside Inn is brand new and a really nice place to bait a line or just sit and watch the boats and the sunset. The swimming pool looked very well maintained and was both lighted and heated and looked very inviting. Other than some really rude guests (which no one can predict), the Surfside really was a nice place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank huckleberry500
Reviewed April 17, 2012

My wife and I stayed from 04-14-12 to 04-15-12. This was our first time staying at Surfside a friend of hers suggested this place for our 32nd Anniversary. We could not have made a better choice. We definitely will be coming back. The location is awesome, very quiet, great pier & you can usually catch the dolphins in the morning or at night! The room was very nice and clean, benches outside your rooms on the top and bottom floors viewing and relaxing, a nice little bridge overlooking the pool and bay area. I greatly enjoyed the heated pool, a big plus when it is windy, BBQ grills, and picnic tables to use as well. It makes a perfect way to spend the rest of day relaxing, enjoying the surroundings and meeting other families. In addition, you are close to shopping and restaurants in the area. Management and staff personnel’s friendly smiles and positive attitude is what make the Surfside Inn a very special place!!. They were off the chart. The owners went out their way to best accommodate your needs and make you feel at home like family. Even the housekeeping women made you feel right home too. People we meet, who had been coming back for years to the Surfside, had nothing but good things to say!! Our overall opinion, as two USAF members, having traveled all over the world, seen some the best resorts, hotels, motels and holiday inns. The Surfside might not be that fancy looking resorts, that some us our use too. What Surfside generates is that friendly attitude from management right down to their staff members giving people get that feel-good-feeling like a "family-oriented" environment, which sometimes is a missing element at fancier resorts. For my wife and I there is no need to look anywhere else when staying in Rockport. Surfside got our vote and we’ll be back!!

Room Tip: Depending on what you want, ask people who have been there before. Ask the staff members they usual...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Mysticstar12
Reviewed April 15, 2012

Great place to stay! Wonderful heated pool and the fishing pier was beautiful. We were able to see the dolphins from the pier. Rooms nice and clean. We will certainly be returning!!

• Stayed: April 2012