“Run down” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Anthony's by the Sea

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rockport
Anthony's by the Sea
Ranked #4 of 6 Rockport B&B and Inns
Harlingen
“Run down”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2012 via mobile

Needs upgrade. Food excellent, just a bit run down & needs renovation. Bed was hard and pillows were old.

• Stayed May 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Rooms

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2011

We stayed here for one night in June, the first of our two week road trip round the Southern States. We wanted a relaxing day and night on the coast at Rockport to get over the jet lag and have a rest. It was a lovely B and B, with two great friendly owners who served an amazing breakfast! The best one of our holiday. We sat outside under the trees in their garden and enjoyed the fresh coffee and juice, and then the food. An excellent start to our Texas road trip. Would definitely recommend this for something different, and to give your money to a local business rather than a chain hotel. The room was good, with a fan, nice clean bathroom and cold water in the fridge. We stayed in the Fiesta suite, and you can put your car right up to the door outside, which is handy when you have heavy bags. All round excellent stay. It's a short drive into Rockport, and the beach there is excellent. We had a very good meal at the 'Boiling Pot' - highly recommended.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jetsetter77Uk
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2011

I stayed four nights at Anthonys. It is a ranch style home with a large covered patio in back and an extra couple of buildings that include additional accommodations. It is in a quiet, decent, residential neighborhood. Others stayed there during my stay and Beth and Smitty made sure to give us all room and privacy, while still being very friendly and accommodating. My room was clean, quiet, and the firm bed gave me the best sleep I have had in months. It had a TV and my own bath cross the hall. Each morning they offered me three choices for breakfast that all sounded excellent and proved to be. The home also provided covered parking, nice in the blazing sun of summer. It is more downhome style lodging than upscale, very informal and relaxed. There is not a view of the water, but you can ride your bicycle or even walk to everything from there.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2010

I got married in Rockport and our wedding planner suggested Anthony's Bed & Breakfast to me. My husband & I loved it so much we stayed an extra day and we didn't want to leave when it was time to go. Beth & Smitty are the best Hostess I have ever had. If you want a cozy, comfortable & clean place that feels like home away from home...stay at Anthony's By The Sea in Rockport, Texas. Hey my mom lives in Rockport and I am going to stay at Anthony's instead. Beth & Smitty treat you life family. Oh and the breakfast was totally AWESOME!!!!! So awesome I had them send me the receipes. Please give it a try. I promise you will never want to stay anywhere else in Rockport ever again! I miss it already. They also host large parties. They cook the meals and you will love the patio area. I can not say enough about that place. I am ready to go back!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
      Location
      Rooms
6 Thank KellyFields
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rockport
Lighthouse Inn at Aransas Bay
La Quinta Inn & Suites Rockport - Fulton
BEST WESTERN Port Aransas
BEST WESTERN Port Aransas
#1 of 19 in Port Aransas

Been to Anthony's by the Sea? Share your experiences!