“Needs a refresh”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rockport
Kontiki Beach Resort
Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the condos, in one of the units right on the water. The place is getting tired. The doors leading to the beach are very sticky and need maintenance. The floors are warped. Some of the stucco is broken and needs replacement. Much of the exterior needs fresh paint. Some of the appliances are stained. Overall picure: the condo association needs to put $2M into maintenance to bring this place back to its former glory.

• Stayed: July 2013
3  Thank grevelle

Reviewed June 19, 2013

I have stayed in this property in the past and it has always been very satisfactory. But now the owners have upgrated room furnishing and fresh paint. It is off the beaten path but still close enough to enjoy local attractions. And, the staff really goes out of their way to make sure your stay is enjoyable.

Room Tip: The 1 bedroom suiteis a great value!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank Glen C
Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

This place is high because it's on the water. You can pull your boat up right behide the condos. The pool was nice. The one bedroom was beautiful. It had brand new stainless steel appliances and granite counters. Nice view of the water from the bedroom. The bed was comfortable and clean. The ladies at the front desk were very nice and accommodating. If you have a boat and don't mind paying more money, this place is for you. It was spotless.

• Stayed: June 2012
3  Thank adventurermom
Reviewed May 3, 2013

This was a very nice bay front property. I just returned from my annual fishing trip to Rockport. I always go with guys , but my family would love this place. It has a nice tennis court with a basketball goal. Covered areas with picnic benches and a BBQ grill which we hac a nice dinner on. We grilled corn on the cob, fresh gulf shrimp and steaks with the baked potatoes done in the microwave at the condo. The fisshing is not great in this area, but if you are using a guide or have aboat this is the place to stay. 5 of us went and we thoughoughly enjoyed our stay there. unit 303 slept 5 of us seperately and has a great veiw of the bay. The upstairs master has a private balcony with a great view. the parking lot has a security person parked at the entrance so that only guest are allowed in at night. I left all my fisshing stuff out for 4 days and it was safe, i didn't have to drag it in every night... Nice place to stay

Room Tip: #303 morning sunrise over the bay while you sit on your balcony, read a book and sip some coffee
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank alan c
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Have stayed here many ,many times. We always rent one of the condos. We stayed last weekend, and rented a 2bedroom,2 bath. Very clean, modern appliances,attentive management,and easy reservation system. Never had a bad stay....only thing I would recommend is that the icemakers be turned on in the fridge if the unit is going to be leased that day.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank DBeachgirl12
Reviewed October 6, 2012

My husband and I stayed at Kontiki for our vacation and had a great experience. The room was clean. The staff was friendly and helpful. The manager was on site everyday and was very pleasant.
However, when I reserved our condo for a month I specifically asked if it was a "No Pet Facility" and was assured by management that it was and there would be no pets in the condo's.There are signs posted in the elevator and on-site "This is a No Pet Facility"! We stayed on the third floor and there were at least 6 dogs in different units! The dogs in the condo next to ours yelped and barked starting at 6:00 in the morning. I complained to the front desk and was told " some of the units are owned by individuals and they are allowed dogs"! This was never reveal at the time I reserved the condo and asked about pets!
Due to the yelping dogs next door we left after two weeks! I feel the management should warn tenants that they may be staying by dogs that bark and yelp! If I had known this I would never have reserved the room for a month or even a night!

Room Tip: If you like dogs yelping and barking at 6:00 in the morning this is the place for you! Had it not be...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank VickieWickie
Reviewed September 4, 2012

This was the first time to stay at this property & we loved it!
We stayed in Condo #708. The Condo is on the conner so you get a Great view of the bay & pool. It was clean and had everything you needed.
The management staff were very friendly & helpful. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple