“Great Relaxing Family Trip”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rockport
Kontiki Beach Resort
“Great Relaxing Family Trip”
Reviewed May 17, 2012 via mobile

I've been going to Rockport since 1982 with my parents. Now we take our kids! Love the quiet, sleepy fishing town and eating at the Big Fisherman! Near Corpus and Port Aransas, Kontiki is the best place to stay if you like fishing, walks on the beach "in your backyard" and a swimming pool and tennis. Some of the condos aren't updated. It's best to go through www.vrbo.com because you are renting by owner instead of through the condos. Privately owned condos are always maintained better.

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank MrsJennV

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
san antonio
Reviewed March 29, 2012

very clean, safe and worth it. my family and i have stayed at this resort over 28 times, good fishing spots, nice people that work there. never had any problem here. staying here another 2 times this coming summer for a fishing trip with my friends, and am really looking forward to it!
also have had nothing but good time and memories there. of all the times we have stayed there have never got to know the staff very well but there are real nice.

Room Tip: i loved the ocean view condos because the view is incredible. the main building is great too though...
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank tyler m
Lewisville, Texas
Reviewed July 9, 2011

Can't imagine why the previous reviewer was unhappy. We had a great week at these condos. The management couldn't have been more helpful. We had a minor emergency and they assisted us. Really appreciated it. The beach is five miles away, but perfect for kids. Very clean, safe, and accommodating! Fishermen/women are abound, but lots of shells to collect and families to talk with. We will be back.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Maudeville
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed June 22, 2011

When we arrived to the room itself looked ok. But as my family got comfortable we took off our shoes to relax and the floors was filthy, we had only one washcloth for 4 people, and no pillowcases on the pillows and of course the staff apologized and said someone will be up to clean the room today. We left for the day and returned to the room at 10pm and the room had not been clean at ALL. The trash was full and almost running over, no washcloths to bathe with, beds was not made or sheet changed, but I noticed someone did come in to pick up the old towels that was in the bathroom, I called to emergency number they gave us on the paper work we recieved when we checked in. I talk to a lady she was rude and very uncaring. I stated my complaint about the nasty floors, no washcloths, no pillowcases, and how no one came in to clean the room at all. She said she can not do anything about the floor and the room tonight but she will (see if) Maria will bring some washcloths over to us. I waited about 1 hour and no Maria or no washcloths. I called that number again she did not answer the phone. I left a message and she did not call me back all night long the lady actually shutoff the phone. So after waiting, and waiting we went to Walmart to purchase washcloths can you believe that. I have never in my life went to an establishment where no one is available to care for the needs of paying customer and just didn't care. The next morning we went to the office to complain the receptionist told me the lady that did not answer the phone last night is the MANAGER of the Kontikii Resort and her name is Linda. They did not want to refund my credit card, or give me a discount for our inconvience. I will not recommend this place to anyone ever and certainly will not ever return. I feel no customer should be treated this way. And to this day the manager Linda still have not returned my phone calls. I can only hope they will get the same treatment one day. Because (what goes around comes around.) Housekeeping sucks because the Management sucks.
PLEASE BEWARE

Room Tip: all that glitters is not gold
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank yvonneperryman0
Omaha
Reviewed October 29, 2010

We have stayed here at Kontiki on several occasions. We have stayed in the condos which are located on the bay. The one we stayed in was 3 bed/ 2 bath.It was big enough for our family of six. Interior was decorated nicely and deck outside was great for a relaxing time just looking out into the bay. Other times we have stayed in the hotel portion of the resort when it was just the two of us.Rooms were equally as nice as the condos. Recently they have been remodeled and are even nicer. Hotel rooms are closer to the pool.Staff is always friendly and makes you feel at home there.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple