“Never again”

Charlotte Plummer's Seafare Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 97 Restaurants in Rockport
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dennis, Texas
“Never again”
Reviewed June 22, 2009

I have eaten here several times over the past 15 years, we come to Rockport 3 to 4 times a year. I always wanted this restraunt to be good, perfect location and beautiful views. The service here is acceptable, though rushed. Years back the food was a little better than now but has declined every year, the salad bar is the only thing worth eating anymore. The fish is overcooked, and the shrimp and oysters taste like they are fried in the same grease. The crab cakes are the worse i have ever had and i found no crab in them. We last ate here the week of june 12th 2009, we are a family of seven and the vote was unanimous, NEVER AGAIN.

Tn
“Love Rockport”
Reviewed May 22, 2009

I have been to Charlotte Plummers, several times, I think its very good. The salad bar is not large, but its fresh. The seafood is real good. I love Rockport.

San Antonio
“HAPPY BARFDAY!”
Reviewed May 13, 2009

My boyfriend took me to Charlotte Plumbers for my birthday, He woke up in the middle of the night with vomiting and diarhea and I started with the same symptoms the next morning. We lost the whole weekend we were so sick from food poisoning. We were too sick to drive home that Saturday so we spent all day in bed waiting until we could drive home on Sunday. We both had the soup and salad bar. The food is marginal at best when you don't get food poisoning.

Taft, Texas
“Don't go to Charlotte Plummer Resturant”
Reviewed April 28, 2009

Host person seated people on top of each other even though there were many empty tables. Service people were more concerned about talking about "Jennifer and Her Baby's Daddy" then they were in servicing you. Ice Make so loud though it was a boat motor. Chicken Breast dry and NO CRAB IN THE CRAB CAKES AT ALL...I have better crab cakes from Swann then from this resturant where they charged me $11.00 for nothing. All in all unless you have never ever actually recieved good seafood or good service you won't enjoy this place. P.S. I am a "local" who had never been there before...needless to say I won't be back. Would have put this on the resturant reviews but they were not listed.

1 Thank Mysticdreams
Texas
“SAVE YOUR MONEY!!!!”
Reviewed April 21, 2009

Let me start by saying, I am by no means hard to please. So, when me and my husband stopped here at a recommendation from a local, we, or at least I, was expecting at the very least a decent meal. From the appetizer, to the strawberry margarita to the main course....there was nothing worth eating. If you like atmosphere over food, than you shouldn't have a problem with this restaurant. The atmosphere was great, the salad bar palatable, and our waiter was really nice. If you plan on enjoying the food you eat, do not eat at this restaurant.