“Don't go to Charlotte Plummer Resturant”

Charlotte Plummer's Seafare Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 101 Restaurants in Rockport
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 28, 2009

Host person seated people on top of each other even though there were many empty tables. Service people were more concerned about talking about "Jennifer and Her Baby's Daddy" then they were in servicing you. Ice Make so loud though it was a boat motor. Chicken Breast dry and NO CRAB IN THE CRAB CAKES AT ALL...I have better crab cakes from Swann then from this resturant where they charged me $11.00 for nothing. All in all unless you have never ever actually recieved good seafood or good service you won't enjoy this place. P.S. I am a "local" who had never been there before...needless to say I won't be back. Would have put this on the resturant reviews but they were not listed.

1  Thank Mysticdreams

Reviewed April 21, 2009

Let me start by saying, I am by no means hard to please. So, when me and my husband stopped here at a recommendation from a local, we, or at least I, was expecting at the very least a decent meal. From the appetizer, to the strawberry margarita to the main course....there was nothing worth eating. If you like atmosphere over food, than you shouldn't have a problem with this restaurant. The atmosphere was great, the salad bar palatable, and our waiter was really nice. If you plan on enjoying the food you eat, do not eat at this restaurant.

Reviewed March 2, 2009

I had a delicious lunch here at a table looking out over the water. They specialize in seafood and have a wide variety available. Although it isn't cheap, the quality is very good, and the tastefully casual interior makes it a pleasure to eat here. It's the nicest seafood restaurant in the area.

Reviewed January 16, 2009

I ate here tonight while staying in Rockport. The food was excellent. They have a nice salad bar, but the plates are tiny, leading to me knocking food off the plate onto the table frequently. That's my only complaint. I had the grilled seafood platter (I really don't like fried seafood). The oysters, actually, were fried, but they were good. The shrimp were seasoned deliciously. There was fresh grilled amberjack on the plate, which was locally caught and wonderful. Also boiled shrimp and delicious hush puppies. They special made vegetables for me because of a dietary issue, and they were very tasty. Rounding out the meal was a chocolate silk pie highly recommended by my waiter. Wonderful! Portions were good sized, not excessive like many of these seafood places.

Service was very good. My waiter frequently stopped by to refill my club soda and ask if I needed anything. I received my bill promptly and didn't wait long for it to be settled. I had a lovely view over the water.

A lot of places do huge fried seafood platters. Few do grilled seafood platters well, and for a decent price. Definitely a place I would go back to.

Reviewed August 11, 2008

We visit the area about twice yearly and never miss a visit to Charlotte Plummers. It has been our tradition for at least 10 years. The fried shrimp are wonderful as is the salad bar. The plate they give you for the salad bar is the size of a coffee cup saucer and needs to be a little bigger. The hush puppies are nothing special. Wished they served bread or rolls to go with the meal. Prices are reasonable. The tea is wonderful. Service is never that great.