“clean and good” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Charlotte Plummer's Seafare Restaurant

Charlotte Plummer's Seafare Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 94 Restaurants in Rockport
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Scenic view, Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“clean and good”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2014

The service was good. The waitress was nice. The décor was a bit dated, but it seemed to mesh with a restaurant whose hay day was probably 20 years ago. We got the large fried sampler platter, which was enough for me and my daughter. The salad bar was decent, the chicken tortilla soup was really good. the view over the harbor was entertaining. I would go back.

Hunt
“Just say no!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2014

Kids! Just say no to Plummer's crack. Horrendous service and rude wait staff. It was the most horrible experience. We went to Whataburger afterwards which was a 5 star experience compared to the Clark Griswald experience I had at this overrated place. Minus stars if I could.

3 Thank Aggieranch
Schertz, Texas
“Not the best!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

I liked that you were on the water, but other than that, it wasn't that great. My family tried all the fried seafood and said it wasn't bad. My husband liked the coconut shrimp. Gumbo was spicey. The salad bar needed help. It was the strangest mixture of salad fixings that I have ever seen. It was also very crowded, the tables were right next to each other. I can't say I am eager to return.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What a bummer!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2014

Ordered a plate of shrimp and oysters to go and was sent NO utensils! Called to complain and was told "I"m sorry - they usually put it in there! Made it hard to eat a salad and a baked potato . No more business from me after 35 years of going to Rockport and eating there! Anyway. 2nd rate seafood ! Go to the island for good food!!!

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Willis, Texas
“Just "OK"”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2014

The biggest problem with this restaurant was the long, long wait on 7/6/2014. Being Sunday night when many restaurants are closed and the end of a Holiday Weekend, the restaurant was very crowded. There were two of us and when we signed in with the host, we were told it would be about 30 minutes to get a table. Had there been more choices in the immediate area, we would have left. Well 90 minutes later we got seated.
We had a perfect view of the self serve salad bar while waiting. The lack of cleanliness and poor maintenance by the staff caused us to AVOID any entree that came with trip to salad bar.
We were finally seated upstairs near the bar. There is a outdoor deck and inside seating that have a great view of the bay. So location of the table was quite pleasant.
It took about 20 minutes for a waiter to appear and then almost 45 minutes to receive our food. The waiter informed us the cook walked out during the shift. Had no way to verify if that was true or just an excuse for the wait. They ran out of glassware and served my tea in a to-go Styrofoam cup. The steamed vegetable that were offered in place of the salad bar were overcooked and poorly seasoned. I had fried coconut shrimp which was decent.
The price point of a meal, without alcohol is closer to $20 than the $12 shown on TripAdvisor posting. To be fair to the restaurant, I would give them another chance if I get to Rockport again. However, I will not even venture in if it looks like they have a large crowd.

• 2 of 5 bubbles