“Give this one a big miss!”

Charlotte Plummer's Seafare Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 101 Restaurants in Rockport
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Waited 35 minutes for one of the blackboard specials - broiled Redfish. The fish was so over done that it was dry and tasteless ($23!). The vegetables side dish were boiled (steamed?) to mush. Ordered a glass of Chardonnay - never arrived! I complained and cancelled the wine (already finished eating) I was told "we took the wine off your bill". Big of them to delete an item they never served. The place is a bit of a dump as well. Do yourself a favor and give it a miss.

Reviewed June 16, 2014

We were traveling through town & remembered eating at this restaurant several years ago. We remember that they had good food & a nice view. We got there, gave the hostess our name, and went outside to wait. She didn't say anything about staying inside to wait & saw us go outside. It got hot so we went inside to wait. Well, after another 10 minutes and noticing that people who came in after us were getting seated, I spoke to a young woman seating people & the hostess was standing right there. She said she called us & at what time. I said no, we were sitting right outside the door and no one called us. Well, they only call your name inside so be forewarned. She lied saying she opened the door & called my name. If there's not enough room inside & you have to wait outside, the owner/management needs to get a PA system or beeper system. Even after we had been there 10 more minutes & the hostess watching us stand there, they still didn't call my name again. We should have left but we were hungry & remembered the good food. Well, that has changed too. We got the grilled seafood platter -- the grilled shrimp was rubbery. Everything else was OK. There wasn't any seasoning on it. The view on the second floor is the best. They have outside seating on the second floor too. However, if you get an entree with the salad bar, you will have to go downstairs to get it. We had the gumbo with our entrees, I had a good number of shrimp & I guess I got my husband's portion, too. He didn't have any shrimp in his so I gave him some of mine. This was a birthday lunch for me & a Father's Day lunch for my husband. I wanted to order a margarita & my husband a beer, but after the seating fiasco, I decided not to give them any more of my money than I had to. We decided we won't ever eat here again.

Reviewed June 10, 2014

Very nice relaxing atmosphere for dining. Prices were for the most part reasonable and food was very tasty. Had the feel of a ling established local restaurant that caters to locals with a history. View was not exceptional with some old tags sitting outside but genuine and natural.

Reviewed June 5, 2014 via mobile

Well, it has a nice setting but that's about it. My son had popcorn shrimp & French fries, which were fishy. My husband got the grilled seafood platter & said the fish had no flavor & the shrimp was over cooked. I had the fried shrimp. It tasted good but was slightly over cooked. I sat through the entire meal with an empty glass. It took awhile to get the check & even longer for her to pick it up & return my card. Nice, friendly staff but I was disappointed in the food.

1  Thank Jodie_Merritt
Reviewed June 3, 2014

We ate here back in the 70's when it was owned by Mrs. Plummer. I try to go at least once a year since it was my dad's favorite restaurant.
My sister and I both had the coconut shrimp which was served with a delicious citrus marmalade. It was very good. She had the shrimp gumbo which was delicious.
We ordered the calamari which was planks: I didn't care for those as I like the calamari rings way better.
We took some key lime pie home, and it was very good.
The service was excellent! If you have a choice, sit upstairs; the view is awesome!

1  Thank tahoequeen21