“A local's favorite”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 24, 2008

We are locals of the Rockport/Fulton area. Not only do we enjoy dining at Charlotte Plummer's, but we also take out of town guests there. We also recommend it to friends and family that are visiting the area. Many visit this area several times a year-with a meal at Charlotte Plummer's always on the itinerary.
My sister visited us recently from the Houston area- June 24, 2008. She really enjoyed her dinner-as did my husband and myself. The entire dinner, service, etc. was excellent. We even enjoyed a pleasant conversation with the table next to ours. At one point, I discovered that my husband had toast with his chicken fried steak, (I had the grilled shrimp over rice)our wait person saw me breaking off a piece of toast-he brought my sister and I a slice of toast for us to enjoy. The salad/soup bar came with all three meals-the selection was great-all items were fresh. With my husband & my meals came the fresh - in season vegetables--broccoli, squash, zucchini, etc.
My sister was very impressed with the menu selection, specials (she had the stuffed shrimp), service, etc. - she has already planned a return visit with her husband. Charlotte Plummer's will be a scheduled place to have dinner. She told us that her husband will really enjoy the flounder and the exceptional salad bar.
We did not have to make a reservation, because we are having somewhat of an off season for summer tourists because of high fuel prices. During peak seasons, I would suggest calling for reservations.

Reviewed July 14, 2008

Might not be the place for snobs, but my wife and I really enjoyed it. Good family seafood restaurant. We split a seafood platter and were both full. Great view. Tortilla soup was very good.

Reviewed June 8, 2008

My husband and i were just there ( the first week of June 08) for a short vacation and we thoroughly enjoyed our dining experiences. On two different occasions we dined and the fish and the seafood was above average in preparation and freshness. The restaurant was busy but not one time did we feel rushed or experience poor service. Our drink glasses were never empty!! We sampled other seafood and fish in other restaurants and while they were good, some of the best was at Charlotte Plummer's!! We will definitely return to eat when we are down there.

PS the bread pudding with whiskey sauce is to die for!!!!

Reviewed May 29, 2008

The prices were a lil higher than other places in the area. But the extra money defnatly is being reinvested into the building. It is beautiful inside and out. It is right on the bay and there is a view of the marina. You have the option of sitting downstairs or upstairs. We dined on the first floor but I am sure the veiw from up top was equally pleasing if not more so. The meal included the salad and soup bar. This was one of my favorite salad bars of all time. It was nice and clean with lots of choices. Drawback. I wanted to add cheese to my salad. Yeah I use the utensil to put some cheese on my salad and instead of being a crock full of cheese it was some kind of dip with beans and sour cream. Still there were other savory options. The soup was really tasty.
The food itself well we ordered the large portion of the seafood platter and yeah it was a lot of food. It coudl easily be shared. If eatign alone you might wanna try the smaller size. Remeber you can still eat soup and salad if you still need to be full when you leave. Service was good and the wait for the food was not too bad. Bathrooms were pretty cleaned I was impressed.
p.s. their hush puppies and crab cakes were way to dry.
My tip for you:
Don't tip.
No matter how small or large your party is their register automatically takes the 15% gratuity. We left a tip and then on our way back to San Antonio we noticed my mom got charged another 12-13 bucks for another tip. There were only 3 people in our party. She had to call to get a credit which I am not sure has been prcessed yet. The register lady knows this and she does not even warn the customers so if you don't notice anythign you will get robbed.
I personally belive this is stealing, especially becuase this information did not seem to be posted anywhere.

1  Thank JasonV1978
Reviewed May 26, 2008

This place is recommended by all and I do not know why. Our first mistake, other than choosing a different place to dine, was not specifying a place to sit when placing our name on the 30 minute wait list. Being "out-of-towners" we were not familiar with the restaurant and all should be warned about the upstairs, outside patio in the wind. For our wait, we were pointed toward the "bar" area or told we could go to the shop across the street and they would call us there. The "store across the street" was a sleazy, cheesy tourist- trap with chotzkeys in every size and color, so we returned to the bar. The "bar" was a joke and more a holding tank, full of screaming kids and other impatient diners.By the way, it is a cash only bar and we were made to feel very out-of-place when we asked if our drinks could be added to our dinner tab as we had no cash with us. When our name was finally called, we were seated upstairs, outside on the patio, in the WIND. The wind was bad enough, blowing over our beer bottles and sending crackers and soup flying while a seagull christened a nearby table, but the food was even worse. We started with the crab stuffed jalapenos. WHERE"S THE CRAB? We skipped the soup and salad bar because it was back downstairs and is serve yourself. We ordered the seafood platter, "grilled". The fish was unidentifiable and was more like a chicken breast than a fish fillet, texture and all. We could not taste or identify any crab (again) in the crab cake which was more a large deep fried, breadcrumb, hushpuppy. The hushpuppy was more like a round cracker which exploded when I tried to break off a piece because it was so overcooked. The "grilled" shrimp was not grilled but blackened with jerk spices leaving it also unidentifiable and the boiled shrimp was was ice cold (ok, possibly due to the gale force wind blowing across the deck). The condiments were all served in little plastic throwaway cups with press-on lids, that became a challenge in the wind as well. The butter for the bread came in those little foil wrapped bricks... we had to stick the empty foil wrappers, smeared, upside down on the table to avoid more flying objects and stains on our clothing. We finally began to laugh about it, as the evening became a larger and larger disappointment. It took a loving partner and a real sense of humor to get through the experience and pay $60+ for the privilege. Other diners all around us were verbalizing the same complaints yet joined in on the funnier, lighter side of the experience as well. We all choked on the awful food, tolerated the drive through style service and dodged food, beverages, napkins, condiments and seagulls which flew through the night skies of our dining experience. I think the little girl at the table next to us summed it up best when she loudly exclaimed, "I guess we won't be coming back to this joint!".

1  Thank jcourter