“Fab restaurant, great for kids”

Charlotte Plummer's Seafare Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 100 Restaurants in Rockport
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Our party of nine visited this restaurant on consecutive nights and each time enjoyed our food. The service was prompt and very friendly. The kids enjoyed the salad bar and endless soda's. On the second night we ate upstairs and had a great view of the harbour.
The adults drank mainly Margaritas which were excellent and very reasonable.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

Wife and I decided to try out this restaurant yesterday to see if it had gotten better than we had previously experienced. After a rather cold morning for Fulton on April 4, we felt like a good bowl of chowder or something along that line would be appropriate. We entered the restaurant and asked to see a menu. I picked up the menu and asked the hostess if they had Clam chowder. To which she rudely replied "we don't have anything like that here". We exited the restaurant never to return.

?

Reviewed April 4, 2013

We ate at Charlotte Plummer's twice on our trip to Port Aransas! The food was fantastic. I had fried shrimp and oysters on the first trip and just fried oysters on the 2nd trip. I had so many oysters on the oyster plate (small order) that I couldn't eat them all. They were so fresh and good. They tasted like they might have just gotten off the boat. The 2nd time we were upstairs and the view of the bay was interesting. My husband said the tortilla soup from the salad bar was the best he had ever had. Try it...great Gulf Coast food!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Based on the location, ambiance, and access to great seafood available along the Gulf Coast, this restaurant should be in the 'very good' to 'excellent' category. However, there is something about the dining experience here that is disappointing and caused me to give it an average rating. I just can't tell you what it is. Normally, if the food is hot and the beer is cold, I'm satisfied. And, that was the case here. We had a nice table overlooking the harbor, and the service was good. However, my wife and I both came away with the feeling of being underwhelmed. There is something in the preparation of the food that does not live up to expectations. Our fish platters were overcooked and under-seasoned and came off as being bland - sort of like a McFish sandwich. The best I could do in terms of ratings is to give the restaurant a C+ or a B- and note on its report card that we know that it could do better if it only tried a bit harder.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

Had a great dinner, and a fantastic view on the upstairs outside deck, sitting just off the railing. It just was an enjoyable late afternoon dinner.