“Dont bother”

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 31, 2012

Service was absolutely horrid. After ordering $100 of sushi, we placed another order and 15 minutes later the head lady says they did not receive our order. Asked us to order from the kitchen since the sushi chef was too busy. We left hungry and totally unsatisfied. I guess they wanted us out. I will never go back and I am a lover of sushi

1  Thank Andy W

Reviewed July 19, 2012

I felt like Tatsumi and Yugi had invited me into their home for dinner. The restaurant is in a cute little house and Yugi prepares your food in his centrally located kitchen. Tatsumi does the hot cooking in the back room. This husband and wife dynamo are originally from Japan. Tatsumi is gregarious and Yugi is just a very friendly professional chef. The food is fresh, fresh,, fresh and prepared with authenticity. If you're in Rockport, it's worth the time to to to the little green house at the corner of Palmetto and Second Street and let Tatsumi and Yugi prepare dinner for you.

1  Thank Rebecca B
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Seriously, just good fresh food. Good flavour, cozy setting, nice owners, great food. Nothing more to say, other than go there to eat.

2  Thank Crhall66
Reviewed June 21, 2012

Might be good; who knows? Two times we have been turned away at one fifteen or so because there was not enough rice left to make sushi. The last, and I mean last, time was on a Wednesday, plenty early, but they don't serve lunch on Wednesday. (They used to, but I guess not enough people showed up. What the heck, it was only a 60 mile drive.) If you put the literally goofy hours together with the slow or lack of, service, I bet you can find a better place to eat in Rockport without even working up a sweat.

1  Thank 10162012nn
Reviewed April 23, 2012

sushi was good for small town but pricier than expected for value. great sake selection. excellent service for such a tiny restaurant.