“Typical Chinese Buffet”

China A Super Buffet
Ranked #24 of 101 Restaurants in Rockport
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed August 3, 2014

It was your typical Chinese cuisine on a buffet. My only beef with the place was that the waitress got on to my son for not eating all that was on his plate. I was shocked and angry at the same time. Needless to say I reminded her of who his parents are. Sorry I can't rate you higher because your food was pretty good, but I will not have someone scolding my child, especially after I pay for your services.

Reviewed August 1, 2014

Food was okay. Buffet had a large selection, Wish it had been hotter......but, had a cockroach run under my table! Yuck!! I wouldn't go back.

Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

We thought the food was good and the price was fair. Non problems, just in and out quick. Older decor but still a nice Buffett.

Reviewed July 11, 2014

Lots of people eat here so the food gets turned over quickly. There's a cook that will do your fresh stir fry and steaks. Lots of seafood and desserts. A really wide variety of food and surprisingly, it does all tastes different. Hot food os hot, cold food is cold. Very reasonable.

Reviewed July 7, 2014

My family and I have visited several Rockport area restaurants and decided to try this one in the early afternoon before the dinner rush. The outside is typical strip mall facade, but upon entering there are nice woodcarving decorations and a fish pond/fountain. Appearance wise the restaurant seemed clean and most of the food was fresh and being replenished while we were there. However, our dining experience included an uninvited, and unexpected, guest. I needed another napkin and pulled a few out of the dispenser that was sitting on top of our table and a roach came running out of it onto the table top! Luckily I was able to squash it with a used napkin before it ran onto my daughters plate. I immediately called the hostess at the front over to our table and showed her the roach, to which she said, "ok we'll take care of it." She was very nonchalant about the whole incident, didn't apologize and didn't offer to reseat us or comp. our meals. Since we were pretty much done we paid, reluctantly, and left. I did mention this to our waitress as well and she had the same nonchalant attitude. Needless to say we won't be going back to this place, as the food was just okay, the service and attitudes toward the customers were way below average and there is obviously a need for pest control.

1  Thank Tableparafour