“Adventure Day”

Goose Island State Park
Ranked #1 of 43 things to do in Rockport
More attraction details
Owner description: A recommended bird sanctuary in Texas.
Reviewed January 27, 2014

I had a wonderful day with my husband at this state park. I never go to a park expecting to see any animals only birds. I added to my birding lists,got some great photos and took the full auto tour and got to view some deer and raptures. This park was clean,great areas for picnicking and awesome viewing trails and decks. great family park. The icing on this cake is the majestic oak that is one of many elder live oaks I have had the pleasure of seeing in my lifetime. great camping areas,quiet,clean and family oriented. if you are a birding,camping, walking,tree viewing enthusiast like I am,then you will fall in love with Goose Island State Park.

2  Thank bennyjenks

Reviewed January 27, 2014

This park has everything. Camping in the woods (without seeing your neighbors)..camping on the ocean with amazingly clean facilities. We kayaked, fished, hiked & a short drive to Rockport. I love this place and plan on spending atleast a week per year here.

5  Thank LORI A
Reviewed January 23, 2014

I didn't spend much time there, I didn't see much but what I saw and experienced was great. The big tree was interesting. One local said there are alligators there, but the park officials say there are not. I didn't see any.

Reviewed January 15, 2014

This is one of my favorite parks. Wish it was a few hundred miles closer to Fort Worth, but the drive to visit this area is worth it. You always have to check out the Big Oak nearby. The park has nice wooded camping areas and some sites right on the bay. Have to get back down to catch some crab and fish.

1  Thank Pirooter
Reviewed January 9, 2014

Great place to camp with nice wide spaces & privacy. Enjoy the bird feeder station in the campground and the water sites are great too for birding or kayaking/boating. Nice shower rooms also for state parks.