“Great sight seeing”

Goose Island State Park
Ranked #1 of 43 things to do in Rockport
More attraction details
Owner description: A recommended bird sanctuary in Texas.
Reviewed August 15, 2013

This is the home of the big tree! The birds are everywhere and it is a great fishing place. The pier was very nice. The staff was very friendly. Noticed a lot of camping sites. Just a beautiful place to visit.

3  Thank Patricia B

Reviewed August 7, 2013

Decided to try out this park since I needed to be close to Corpus Christi. Also Mustang Island was booked solid. Not entirely what I expected. We camped in the Bayfront area, site #24. Nice spot near the pier and not far from restroom. But the sites near the water are not good for tents. Hard ground made it hard to drive the stakes in. The really heavy winds knocked down our tent several times. But the wind helped against the mosquitos. I did not check out the other part of the park. So my review is based on the section closer to beach. Great park for small rvs, popups and small camping trailers. NO beach. Very shallow and a lot of oyster beds. I did not catch anything from pier. Bait shop with kayak rentals in park. Nice to place to relax, fish, kayak, boat and hike. I would not recommend for small children. Clean park and friendly staff. I would go back but better prepared for the wind.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

We gathered her to stop and most of the areas are based on fishing interests. The smell was very fishy and oceany, but we couldn't find any camping, r picnic areas to hang out at. The staff were kind enough to give us our entrance fee back.

1  Thank clubmayhew
Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

We just dropped in while visiting the area, only stayed for about an hour. Walked the pier and birding areas then to the big tree. If you're planning a family outing with young kiddos you may want to come early or in the evening. Not much to do unless you want to fish from a pier. Lots of camping areas inside the wooded are and some right on the bay. If you're planning on camping and fishing this place is for you.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

Average State Park . I guess the Thousand Year old tree is impressive. Nice fishing pier. Bring the bug repellant

2  Thank kiltons