“Peaceful and clean”
Review of Rockport Beach

Rockport Beach
Ranked #2 of 43 things to do in Rockport
More attraction details
Owner description: A mile-long sandy beach that offers swimming and a variety of water sports.
Reviewed October 31, 2011

If you enjoy a quiet, clean beach Rockport, Texas, is a place you might consider. I was never much of a fan of Texas beaches, but I moved to San Antonio 4 years ago to be near family and recently discovered the little town of Rockport. It is a quaint little place, not completely discovered I don't think, which makes it easy to enjoy. It is not the fast party scene, but more a leisurely place to enjoy time. Good beach, nice places to stay, and some not so nice (for cheap), and good fishing and kayaking or dolphin watching. Great art, fish tacos, biking, sunbathing, wave rolling, coffee houses...

1  Thank paca1957

Reviewed August 21, 2011

Very nice, clean beach! My family and I really enjoyed our visit there. A lot of shallow areas for small children to play in. No waves either. Nice pier and wonderful bird sanctuary. We are planning on returning in Sept. Entrance fee is $4 a day or $10 for an annual pass. We decided to buy the annual pass as we plan on returning many times.

1  Thank michelednlp
Reviewed August 16, 2011

My kids (8 & 5) had never been to the beach before. This was a perfect way to explore. SOO clean, small waves and shallow forever... The next day we went to Port Aransas, and I felt better them being there after they had gotten used to a calmer beach at Rockport first.

1  Thank jacourtney
Reviewed August 14, 2011

The Rockport Beach Park is a certified Blue Wave Beach. It is a fantastic place for kids/families. The price is $4/day or $10 for an annual pass (which we opted for). The beach is always very clean & boasts picnic tables, playground areas, small shade "palapa" type structures, showers, bathrooms, a sand volleyball court & pavilions. The water is clear and shallow for a long way out, which makes it ideal for small kids. The bottom is a nice sand--after the first day, we ditched the water shoes as you didn't need them. It does not have a lot of seaweed or jellyfish, as some beaches in the area do. My husband and daughter would walk way out and fish--catching small perch, which thrilled her. We did not use it, but the park also has a free boat launch. We've been to beaches in Port Aransas, North Padre & Corpus Christi, and we think this is hands down the best beach in the area.

2  Thank mommyinmotion
Reviewed July 22, 2011

My family went to a couple of different beaches in the area and it was on the last day that we went to Rockport Beach. This beach is so much nicer in comparison to the other beaches in the area to where they seem like mud puddles. You feel like your on a tropical paradise and the shower facility was nice as well. we even got to listen to free live music. Family friendly and enjoyable. Stop here first and dont wate your time at the others. Trust me I telling you truth.

9  Thank curt1480