“Late-night rescue!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Rockdale
Houston, Texas
“Late-night rescue!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2014

10:15pm and we needed a room...tired of driving and needed a break. Rockdale Inn had a room waiting for us that was clean, quiet and comfortable. Free hi-speed internet, comfortable beds and a comfortable place to spend the night. We slept right through the free continental breakfast but I'm sure it was good! This will be my choice next time I visit Rockdale!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
MitulTiku, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Rockdale, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Hi,

Thank you for staying with us, we know that you have many lodging choices and we appreciate that choose to spend the night with us. Please, do join us for coffee and/or breakfast next time. We have full hot breakfast including waffles, eggs, sausage, hash brown, juices, pastries, yogurt, fruits, cereal & milk, and coffee & tea.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Oatmeal
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

The staff was friendly, the room was clean but felt very outdated. There was prenty of hot water from the sink but barely luke warm from the shower. They have a guest laundry but it was 1 washer 1 dryer. Both machines seemed old. The breakfast was a nice selection. If just passing thru it is ok. But if staying more then just overnight then it needs an update.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
MitulTiku, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Rockdale, responded to this review, May 1, 2015
Hi,

Thank you so much for you great comments. I am glad were able to take care of you during your visit. Please let us know when you are passing through Rockdale, TX again, we would love to book one of our room for you, if its not a overnight visit, stop by for some coffee......
College Station, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

We stayed at this hotel on a road trip to Austin, TX and were very pleased with the cleanliness and the service. In particular the man at the front desk (Muttah? No idea of the spelling) was both friendly and extremely accommodating. The rooms and bathrooms were very clean and overall I was extremely pleased with my experience.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Rockdale, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

The rooms are so cozy and comfortable.We stayed in the motel and found a completely different place to the one described below. The main building has been producing large, clean, air conditioned and comfortable rooms, well equipped with fridge, microwave, well stocked bathroom, hair drier, coffee maker, iron. The breakfast was a tad better than other motels of this category, both independent and franchised. We doubt that there is a better choice in Rockdale.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Austin, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

The rooms were clean, but evidently they have very few non-smoking rooms so we were stuck with a smoking room. The rooms obviously weren't very new, which would have been ok if the staff had of been better. I often write about the customer service we recieve in a location, because to me, a nice, friendly staff can make up for a sad little location. This staff may have been the laziest and least concerned with customer satisfaction staff that I have ever seen. I'm not sure if they aren't trained properly, or just didn't care. For example, the attendant told my personnel she couldn't check them in with the confirmaiton number we had been given, but when I showed her the same numbers, she suddenly could use what had already been privided to her. The breakfast, while limited, was ok- not good enough to make up for a poorly trained staff though.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Killeen, Texas, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

Stayed overnight on 3/14/2013 & think that camping in a tent would've been a better option; at least you know what to expect w/a tent. I pre-paid for my room online ahead of time, otherwise I would've passed this place up. The first thing I noticed when I was checking in is that there aren't any public restrooms in the lobby of the hotel, so make sure that you tend to those needs before you get there, or you will be politely directed to the restaurant that's next door. Once I got to my room, brought my bags in, & unpacked everything, I finally went to the bathroom, only to find that the toilet wasn't working. The tank was bone dry. I called the front desk & was told by the attendant that there are no other rooms available & "I'm with another guest right now, but I'll call someone & have them come look at it". So pretty much in the mean time I was left w/o functioning sanitation. I called the desk again 15 min later, just to inquire about a possible time frame for this mystery person to show up & "look" at my toilet problem, & was told that "I'm the only one here & I can't leave the desk, but the owner should be coming soon". Another 10 min pass & my husband decides to walk over to the office, & surprisingly comes back w/the front desk attendant, who looked at the toilet & declared it to be broken (was it the missing water that gave it away?). The owner shows up at about that same time (the owner lives in a home built off the parking lot), messes w/the toilet, decides it's broken, & leaves to go to walmart "to get parts for the toilet & I'll be back shortly". He never even acknowledged us as he walked into our room. No "Hi, how you doing, I'm John Smith, the owner, or I'm sorry about this problem, let me put you in a different room". Nothing. Dumbfounded, I ask the owner what we're supposed to do in the meantime, & if we can move to a different room, & he says "no no, no need, I'll fix for you & be back in minute" & left. I guess the attendant (who looked just as surprised as we did) felt bad for us, because suddenly he decides that a room is open after all & he'll just move us over while the owner is gone "because the owner has some friends that are checking out right now & I'll just go get the room ready for you". At this point, I thought our worries were over, but alas, they were not, as a bunch of truckers thought that stumbling around drunk, bbq'ing in the parking lot, & playing their music as loud as they could until about midnight would be a great idea. Did management put a stop to it? Maybe, but not until midnight, because that's when it finally stopped, & the owner lives directly off the parking lot, so there's really no way he wasn't aware. Finally, after only a few hours of sleep, I wake bright & early to get ready for the business function I was there to attend, only to discover that sometime during the night, the lights in the bathroom & dressing area were no longer working. Had to bathe & get dressed in the dark. Aside from all this, the rooms were nasty, the furniture was stained, the carpet was moist, & I'm pretty sure that was a small pile of feces under the AC unit (it's a pet friendly hotel); I didn't get onto my hands & knees to check. At this point I was just ready to go & be done w/that place. I hate to say that I checked myself for bed bug bites in the morning, but I would've been foolish not to. And continental breakfast? Forget it! I wasn't about to eat anything that came from that hotel. If the rooms are that nasty, do you think food storage & sanitation is any better? This is a motel-quality hotel. Not even a good motel, but one of the dirty cheap ones. And you pay hotel prices. Almost $90/night! Outrageous! Stay away from this place!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank loveanadventure365
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013

I called in a late arrival and upon arrival to the hotel the door was locked and I called the number on the door 4 times and 20 minutes later someone answered and was somewhere else. Didn't know why no one was there but still 20room minutes later no one else was there..... he tried to give me another room since obviously they had given mine away. He was very rude!!! Overall a HORRIBLE evening with no place to stay!!!

Stayed March 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rockdale
Rainbow Courts
#4 of 4 in Rockdale
Americas Best Value Inn
Americas Best Value Inn
#2 of 3 in Caldwell

Been to Americas Best Value Inn - Rockdale? Share your experiences!