“Best Inn near Caldwell”

Days Inn Rockdale Texas
Days Inn Rockdale Texas
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Rockdale
Reviewed December 2, 2013

It was more convienant than traveling to Bryan/College Station. We were pleased with the room and the service for our overnight stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Donald B, General Manager at Days Inn Rockdale Texas, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2013

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to partake in a review for your recent stay at our hotel. We very much appreciate your comments and will welcome you back next time you are visiting near Caldwell.
It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. Thank you again.

Reviewed November 29, 2013

Hotel and rooms are always clean; manager is polite and on the ball.
Breakfast could use a little improvement.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Donald B, General Manager at Days Inn Rockdale Texas, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

My team and I thank you for your comments. I am grateful for your observations on the way we conduct ourselves. We strive to provide a high level of customer service and it's nice when to hear when a guest recognizes this.
We provide a 'Daybreak' Continental breakfast and we also attempt to go beyond this for our customers by offering a 'free' hot breakfast. Please feel free to email me directly at daysinnrockdale@yahoo.com so I can determine specifically on the areas we can improve on.

Thank you once again and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

We came to Texas from Michigan for the Formula One race. I got the reservation months in advance and the price was higher then normal. When we checked in the manager Don honored the price I found on Trip Advisor without hesitation. The motel was very clean and comfortable. The staff was friendly. The breakfast was always fresh and hot. If we come to the race again we will stay at this Days Inn without a doubt.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Schumyfan_60
Donald B, General Manager at Days Inn Rockdale Texas, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to putting in a positive feedback.
I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay.

We are looking forward to providing you the same pleasant accommodations and service the next time you are in town for the F1......... one of the owners is a huge F1 fan too.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Robert,,Higgins... W

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Would like to say that management seems very caring and concerned about providing good customer service which is commendable, appreciated, and not often encountered these days. When reviewed about a seemingly ongoing pool maintenance issue, they were very responsive and seem to have gotten the pool back into a clear, blue usable state.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank K J
Donald B, General Manager at Days Inn Rockdale Texas, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

My team and I thank you for actually taking the time out to respond to our efforts in correcting the issue. We gather you enjoyed your stay and look forward to being your choice of hotels....... much appreciated!

Reviewed July 18, 2013

The area really doesn't have much to offer. Kids playing in halls making noise and leaving drinks on floor. I am use to places such as Hilton, so this place was an experience. I was paranoid about my car in parking lot, because a few shady people were hanging around. Swimming pool not kept up very well. Our room had ants around the window. The A/C made a loud strange noise every fifteen minutes. The front clerk had a nose ring and a huge tattoo on her arm. Next time I travel to this region I think I will just stay in Temple at one of the better hotels and deal with the extra driving time for business. I suggest anyone else to do the same.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Jess6704
Donald B, General Manager at Days Inn Rockdale Texas, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2013

We appreciate your comments at the Days Inn here. It is unfortunate you felt this way, the reason you saw kids is because the town was hosting a state girl's softball tournament and all the hotels in Rockdale were excited and proud to accommodate the young guests. There was a rain delay and the kids were occupying themselves.

As for the front desk, their presentation and attire is purely superficial. The hotel is independently owned and operated. The owner does not make any prejudicial appointments based on a potential employees appearance, creed or race.

Thank you again, please feel free to contact me at daysinnrockdale@yahoo.com, and i will be more than happy to answer any further queries.

Reviewed July 11, 2013