“Surprise, surprise!”
Review of Rainbow Courts

Rainbow Courts
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Rockdale
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Definitely NOT your typical roadside motel! Charming, quiet accommodations, with all the luxuries of home. They offer both single and attached units at various price ranges. We stayed in The Garden Room - single unit. It had an enormous combined living and sleeping area and separate kitchen and bath areas. The outside patio with table and chairs was a bonus! Our parents, who traveled with us, stayed in The Cottage - another single unit. It had separate living and sleeping areas, along with wet bar and bath areas - and charming back patio! This isn't the Ritz; so why the 5 stars?? In these small towns, sprinkled throughout the great state of Texas, this type of place is an anomaly and we very much appreciated the nice touches throughout our rooms.
Don't be thrown by the 'motel' advertisement - it's much more than that!

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Mmwhatley
Hospitality1918, Owner at Rainbow Courts, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2014

Thank you for choosing Rainbow Courts Motel. We are so glad that you enjoyed the Garden Room. It is one of my favorite suites. Years ago, when my grandparents owned the business, that space was the original laundry room with wringer washing machines. Linens were hung outside on a clothesline to dry. It is hard to imagine, isn't it? Since we restored the building it has become a favorite of our guests. Liz Carpenter called it "my room". The Cottage, where your parents stayed, actually dates from the 1800's according to A & M architectural students. The students have climbed over and under several of our buildings and dated them by analyzing the construction and materials used. There is so much history here, I could go on and on. We love it when someone appreciates the history and restorations that we have completed. We look forward to your next stay. Safe travels.
Best Regards,
Joan Ratliff, Owner

Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

Though many might pass this by coming into town from one side it's because it's hidden behind the trees.
The courts come in a variety of styled rooms. My brother keeps a standing reservation at a select one each year to bring the kids for Easter. We've spent many years hunting eggs in the courtyard. He always has two quren neds as well as a kitchen & a dining area. The price is comparable to any regular hotel room around here with JUST a bed. If friends & family aren't staying at my house THIS is where I send them. They're cute cottages with character & charm.

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank Iambubblebee
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Rainbow Courts is a wonderful little gem! The staff is so friendly and accommodating, the rooms are spotless, the decor is precious, the beds so comfortable and the price is fantastic! Although I was in town for a family emergency and stress levels were high, once I got to my room each night I was able to completely relax and recharge my spirit. I am looking forward to making many return visits to this charming little place in the future.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank DogMa_SuZ
Reviewed August 17, 2013

I was in town for business and stayed at the Rainbow Courts Motel as a recommendation from a coworker. I stayed on and off for two weeks and the whole experience was wonderful. Joann greeted me personally and I felt at home immediately. My room was clean, very large, and I was not let down. I was offered complimentary Keurig coffee every morning with a variety of snacks to choose from. I also requested a couple of late check outs with no issues whatsoever. If you're ever in the area, I recommend staying at this little gem for a great experience. Thanks Joann and crew for a memorable stay. You'll get my business in the future.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Phillbert
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I've lost count of the number of times my husband and I have stayed at Rainbow Courts. We've stayed in the Cottage, the Schoolhouse, the Carriage House and a few of their standard rooms. All are beautifully decorated with antiques and fine linens. How many motels give you your very own Keurig? Ignore any negative reviews. If someone can't be happy staying here, they can't be happy.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank fishingirl
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Stayed at this wonderful place for a relative's wedding. Upon check in was offered the Garden Room. What a blessing! The room is actually a little garden house beautifully decorated and loads of extras-great sound system, a kitchen complete with an old fashion "ice box" refrigerator to complete the country motif and a sitting area just out the back door. The bed and linens were extremely comfortable. This room is in the center of the hotel near the large shade trees making it convenient to gather in the Adirondack chairs. We plan on staying at this terrific find when we travel to Austin--a little driving distance but much better than the hustle and bustle in the city. This hotel makes a great getaway from everything place and truly relax.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 2, 2013

My wife and I recently stayed at Rainbow Courts. It was by far the most unpleasant experience that we have had at a hotel-motel. There were cockroaches in the room as well as the carpet being dirty. The air conditioning was not adequate, when I asked about it I was met with "Well it is hot outside". I was brought a filthy fan to aid the air conditioning. The water pressure in the shower was subpar and the shower head just spit. Beware, the pictures that you see online are not representative of the rooms. For the price, it was a real let down.

Room Tip: Try another place.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Staci L
Hospitality1918, Owner at Rainbow Courts, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2013

Dear Staci L,
Thank you so much for your feedback about your stay with us in June. We were completely taken aback by your comments and regret not having the opportunity to address all of your concerns during your stay. If we had only known! We would have immediately moved you to an upgraded room, at no additional charge, if you had told us you were not happy. You told us that the air conditioner was working fine and requested a fan because you like rooms extra cold. Your wife concurred and said that she loved the room. The room you stayed in is in fact "old". You stayed in the historic School House which was built in 1895 and moved onto the property in the 1940's by my Grandfather. He actually went to school in this Schoolhouse and was sentimental about the building which is why he saved it from destruction and why it has been restored by us to meet modern needs.
Unfortunately, the city of Rockdale had a water outage due to a main water line break during your stay. I can only deduct that your shower water pressure and shower head "spitting" was during the outage in the city and even though it was for several hours, it was a temporary problem beyond our control. When we became aware of the outage, we called every room to advise the guests that were available of the problem.
We assure you that we will meet with our team, including our Pest Control Service and address your concerns and resolve any issues. We value you and your wife as we do all of our customers and our hope is that you will return for another stay and give us an opportunity to demonstrate to you that our awards and other reviews were earned by a constant and diligent focus on quality, service and guest satisfaction. Sincerely, Joan Ratliff, Owner

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rockdale
Days Inn Rockdale Texas
Days Inn Rockdale Texas
#2 of 4 in Rockdale
Americas Best Value Inn - Rockdale
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#4 of 4 in Rockdale
Budget Host Inn & Suites Cameron

Been to Rainbow Courts? Share your experiences!