Rainbow Courts
Quality Inn(Rockdale)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsgarden roommotor courtcarriage househistoric motelcollege stationcentral texasfull kitchenmodern amenitiesplace to stayfront officechain hotelscoffee makerthe cottagesstayed longerroom was spotlessflat screenwi fi
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Cannot say enough wonderful things-beautifully maintained and cared for by the owners. Has the feel of a bed and breakfast because of the welcoming atmosphere. I stayed in the Carriage house which was wonderful. The rooms are beautifully decorated-great place to stay for the Round Top antique show or even just for a getaway. Truly an amazing find.

Room Tip: carriage house/room is lovely.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 1, 2013

We so enjoyed our two night stay in Rainbow Courts, the rooms are wonderful, beds are amazing (I can't sleep anywhere but my own bed and I actually slept very well here). The staff are so helpful and are willing to assist you in anyway they can. I would give them the highest rating that I could. Our little cottage was decorated in antiques and was so charming, we have our reservations for again next year. Try them, you won't be sorry.

Melinda Switzer

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Had family reunion nearby, and Rainbow Courts was recommended by a cousin. Wow! My expectations were met and exceeded (never ventured to Rockdale, so very unsure of what to expect)! Stayed in a single unit which was very efficiently arranged. As in many small, rural communities, the trains lumbered through occasionally, but very little disturbance thanks to air units. The bath toiletries were better than most high-end hotels I've stayed in recently. The grounds are immaculate. Joan and her husband (owners) were charming and very accommodating.
FYI...in the jargon of my sweet cousin, "Rainbow Courts is the oldest TRAVEL COURT in Texas. It is NOT a Ho-tel."

Room Tip: All of the rooms were comfortably furnished. I was in #1, which was closest to the main road and RR tracks, but as I stated, not really a problem with all fans running. My Dad stayed in a double unit which was a bit farther away.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Clean, attentive and took care any and all needs. Staff was very professional. The cat Saphire moved in with me. Had a great catered appreciation dinner for the guests. The rates are very reasonable. The property was well kept and clean and grass was always cut.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 24, 2013

After reading the many excellent reviews, the family owned "hotel" exceeded my families expectations! We stayed in the Carriage House which is one of the oldest historic buildings on the property, and was extremely clean and comfy! I couldn't have imagined a more cozy cottage for my family and I to have stayed in. From the Decor of the rooms to the cleanliness, it was all excellent! I work away from my family so we frequently meet on weekends to spend time together, and from now on the Rainbow Courts will be where we decide to stay. They have the perfect accommodations for my family of 4 at an extremely reasonable price.Thank You Rainbow Courts for such an oasis and for making our stay as "homey" as possible!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family