“Delicious ...and pricey”

The Classic Cafe at Roanoke
Reserve with OpenTable
The Classic Cafe at Roanoke is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 70 Restaurants in Roanoke
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Denton
Description: The Classic Cafe is a relaxing, cozy cottage serving original New American cuisine.
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Had a wonderful meal with the wife here, and we both were delighted with the quality of what we were served. Service is excellent, food is original and top notch. Prices are higher than I would expect, but I guess you have to take into account the fact that you didn't have to drive an hour into downtown to get something great.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

I have eaten at the Roanoke location several times - always business lunches with a group of 10 or more. We have always had reservations and the table has always been ready with no delay. The service is excellent and the wait staff have always been patient with the large group, accurately taken our orders and very helpful with menu item explanations/descriptions. The food quality is very good and the presentation excellent. I find the menu selection varied and very interesting.
At my last lunch here, one of the paintings fell off the wall, onto our table. No damage or injuries but the staff was very apologetic, the manager (or maybe owner) stopped by to check on us and then, to our surprise, we were given complimentary appetizers. It was really no big deal but the unsolicited extra was a nice touch.
The service, perhaps more than the food, stands out to me. The staff is attentive without hovering, polite, professional and friendly without being overly familiar.
Parking is at a premium in the lot however street parking is available.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

This is my daughters favorite restaurant in the Ft. Worth area and I understand why. The food is some of the best I have ever had and wonderful atmosphere. You are made to feel like a special guest while they serve you. I had the Talapia, served with vegetables and potatoes proceeded by Tomato Basil soup. All for $20. Wonderful.

Reviewed December 7, 2012

My colleague Jeff found this one. It's a real gem in the middle of nowhere really. We had the lamb rib and pork chop. Both cooked to perfection, washed down with a bottle of Californian Merlot - lovely. A three piece jazz band played in the corner of this cosy restaurant. Co-owner Curtis was on hand with a genial manner and plenty of banter. All in all a very enjoyable evening. We'd definitely recommend and we'll return next time we're in Fort Worth Texas. A little more expensive than average for this area, but good value nonetheless.

Reviewed November 2, 2012

We have been meaning to try the Classic Cafe for some time. Finally for our 16th anniversary we decided to have lunch there. Can't believe we have waited so long. Wonderful food, atmosphere and the service was amazing. Thank you for making our anniversary even more special. We will be visiting again.

Been to The Classic Cafe at Roanoke? Share your experiences!