“Number one for a reason”

Babe's Chicken Dinner House
Ranked #1 of 73 Restaurants in Roanoke
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Description: Have you ever told your family what you’d do different if you opened a restaurant? Well, that’s exactly why we opened Babe’s Chicken Dinner House. We wanted a sit-down restaurant where people really feel at home. Where your neighbors wait on you and your whole family.
Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

This place has a limited menu but man oh man do they do a great job with it. Everything we had was amazing! I could just sit and eat myself to death on the mashed potatoes alone! Plus first time in a long time that I ordered a coke and it was an RC Cola, nice change! It's number one for a reason. Go there hungry and leave happy!!!

Reviewed January 18, 2014

Visiting Babe's was a real Texan treat! I loved the delicious fried chicken, all the tasty sides and the great service. The atmosphere made for a truly unique experience -- I can't wait to return.

Reviewed December 31, 2013

I had a craving for some fried chicken, and this place was the best I've ever had. If you want a menu to pick through, go elsewhere. If you're hungry for some excellent family style food, go here. All sides are family style (and unbelievably good). I HIGHLY recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

Wow, wow, wow! The best fried chicken & chicken fried steak I've ever had. The meals are served family style, so make sure you come hungry. They start out with a good salad, and some of the best biscuits. They then bring out the chicken or steak (or combo depending on how your group ordered), along with mashed potatoes, gravy, and creamed corn. I hate creamed corn, but after trying a bite I had two helpings of this. if your table goes through any of the food, don't worry, they'll bring out another bowl for you. As other reviews state everything is cooked and seasoned to perfection. It was crowded, but our wait was only about 15-20 mins for a table. Service was fast and friendly. Don't forget you can byob, so bring a good wine or beer to savor with your meal.

Reviewed December 26, 2013

This is probably piling on and stating the obvious, but it really is the best Fried Chicken. I had heard the reputation, and was a bit skeptical of the hype, but became a believer with the first bite. The chicken is moist and juicy, the breading crisp and seasons just right, and it is served fresh. The sides are family style and plentiful - good, but the Chicken is the star of the show. I got there early (6-ish) on a cold, rainy November night and was seated right away. When, I left there was a line outside - must say something about how good the chicken really is.