“Absolutely Delicious!!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Weatherford, Texas
“Absolutely Delicious!!”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

We just stumbled upon this place and absolutely loved it. The atmosphere is so cute. They have indoor/outdoor seating, adorable little $1 homemade popsicles for on your way out the door, all types of bottled sodas and beers on ice. The food was absolutely delicious and very reasonably priced. The portions sizes were huge and the second time we visited I actually ordered something a little smaller! We are now frequent diners here and very highly recommend this place to all of our friends.

• Visited June 2013

Trophy Club, Texas
“Disappointment”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Dark atmosphere, and lack of cleanliness. I should have recognize their advertisement of "T & A" as not consistent with the Roanoke, a family oriented destination. I will avoid and go elsewhere.

1 Thank James L
Richardson, Texas
“Wide variety of Good tacos, nice atmosphere”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I had a good dinner with a friend at Tacos & Avacados. They have a wide variety of interesting tacos including Ribeye steak, fried chicken, and 3 little pigs(pork, chorizo, and bacon). It was all very good except if you get a taco with the bleu cheese dressing, it really overpowers the taste of the rest of the taco. My fried chicken taco looked really good on the menu, then the bleu cheese dressing took over the whole flavor of the taco. Just way too much or way too potent. You walk up to the counter and order, then wait for your number to be called. We went on a Saturday evening and it was pretty crowded. Smaller sized tacos so the dinner for 8.99 with only 2 tacos included may not be enough, even with the rice and beans. The beans were not good.

Fort Worth, TX
“Great Food.”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

This was our first visit. What impressed us most about T&A was the interesting variety of tacos and the generous amount of fillings in each portion. The winner of the evening was the 3-Little-Pigs, with carnitas, chorizo and bacon... YUM.! The pepper crusted ribeye was topped with fried onions and sweet potato hash and was also outstanding. The fish of the day (tilapia) was lightly coated with bread crumbs and lightly fried, so it was still tender and juicy. The shrimp was done well also. Queso fresco was noticeably good too. Very cheap margaritas was a nice bonus. All totaled the two of us shared 4 tacos, salsa & chips and a round of drinks. We left full and only spent about $20. We're looking forward to trying the bison brisket and ceviche next time.

Unfortunately, the place was pretty empty (7:PM on a Tuesday). Hopefully this gem will find a good following and survive. Definitely one of the better taco places we've come across in a long time. We'll definitely be back.

Nashville, Tennessee
“Not bad, Guac is delish!”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

We were there this past week. The restaurant is super-cute, cutest bathrooms I've ever seen and nice bar that faces open windows to the sidewalk. Hubby and I both had the taco platter. I had a chicken taco and a brisket one. The chicken and it's tortilla were dry and horrible. The brisket taco was fantastic, moist, flavorful. No taste to the beans or rice but the classic guacamole was good. Hubby got fish tacos - one was a shrimp taco, which was great (I sampled it) and the other was a salmon taco (too fish smelling and tasting and not pleasant). Hubby also disliked his beans and rice but we both LOVED his guacamole which was called the Chef's choice (I think). They have 3 types of guacamole there. The hot sauce was pretty good. They have a decent selection of drink specials at the bar. The manager was wearing a shirt that said "Boss Man". He walked around a lot but never asked the patrons how their food was, which seemed a bit odd. If I go back I'm definitely getting the shrimp and brisket tacos with a side of guac! I can't give a higher than average rating because of the dry chicken taco and the bland rice and beans. I would go back if in the area and give it another try though.

Visited July 2013

Been to Tacos & Avocados? Share your experiences!