“How fun can eating get!”
Review of Tacos & Avocados

Tacos & Avocados
Ranked #11 of 68 Restaurants in Roanoke
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Great casual place with delicious food. Our party included folks from 3 to 60 yrs, and we all had a great supper. Prices are very reasonable, especially if you go on $2 marguerita night! (reg $4) we first ordered the traditional margueritas. They are a bit small but that turns out to be a good thing-- because you can experiment. I tried the blackberry-thyme. Very interesting if a bit too sweet for me.. I'll try the peach ginger next time.

We ordered a variety of tacos al a carte along with some great sides. Our favorite tacos were the carnita and the fried chicken (think buffalo wings). The only one we didn't care for was the fish taco--too reminiscent of fish sticks. The white cheese n chorizo queso was the top side but the avocado salad and Mexican roasted corn were also great.

Can wait to go back and try the rest of the menu!

There are newer reviews for Tacos & Avocados

Reviewed January 23, 2013

My daughter's 2 most favorite things on earth are Tacos & Avocados so this place was a natural selection for her birthday dinner. 9 family members (6 adults and 3 kids) hit them at 6PM on a Tuesday. Our order was thrown at them in the most chaotic manner possible....kids changing their minds.....adults following suit and changing our order as we saw something further down on the menu that no one else had ordered.....the poor kid at the front counter never broke a smile and was very gracious. Being a tequila aficionado, I had no choice but to belly up to their tequila bar while the poor kid tried to figure out what had just hit him....I had a chili margarita and my daughter had a blackberry margarita...both were EXCELLENT! Possibly the most surprising part was that the order came out quickly and perfect....I got a sampling of 3 Tacos and all 3 were fantastic.....the Mexican street corn side was perfect. I also managed to steal a sample of someone's blanco queso with chorizo and it was very good as well. All in all, a really good meal for 6 adults and 3 kids with more food than we could eat + beers + maragaritas and we didn't break the $100 mark....it doesn't get much better than that....

Reviewed November 19, 2012

After driving up and down the street decided on this place because we liked the simplicity of the name! So glad we stopped! The tacos were fresh, tasty and filling. The pepper-crusted brisket melted in my mouth and the small flavor hits of blue cheese and sweet potato chips topped it off perfectly. It's like Fuzzy's meets Reata! Worth the drive to this sleepy little town!

1  Thank HappyCamper917