“Trip advisor, open a review spot for the Bayou Jacks sister restaurant in Fort Worth”

Bayou Jacks Cajun Grill
Ranked #7 of 65 Restaurants in Roanoke
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Cajun & Creole, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

You won't find this gem unless you're looking for it. It is tucked behind the Chuy's on 7th Street. The food is ambitious and the staff attentive. New Orleans in Cowtown. I have been four times to this newly opened location, and by the time you read this I will have been back again.

1 Thank Chuck N

Lewisville, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Shrimp Grits....WOW!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

Get the Shrimp Grits!! I promise you won't be disappointed. Don't let the name fool you, there are no Grits involved. Think savory cheesy sauce over grilled shrimp, sausage, and cornbread. Fantastic!

1 Thank MarisaCM76
Keller, Texas
“AWSOMENESS, REASONABLE PRICES, FRIENDLY SERVICE!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

Well we were in the mood for cajun, but didnt want to spend pappadaeux kind of money, so we decided to try Bayou Jacks in Roanoke TX. Not far from the house, which was awsome.

I can NOT BELIEVE i have not been here before. I was worried because the place was empty...but it was 330 pm so i'm hoping its a fluke.

Ok, first funny enough, i asked the waitress what a BOX CAR WILLY was. She said they had jello shots, every time a train passed by (right in front of the restaurant) you get a jello shot for a dollar. I couldnt wait to hear the whistle! I ordered a margarita which came in a mason jar for 5.00 for happy hour, it was pretty strong, very good.

We started with DIRTY BALLS (yes you heard right) basically boudin balls with sausage and rice and cheese, sitting on a plate of marinara (which was odd i thought, but actually very tasty). The sauce on top was delicious and not too spicy, which i appreciated. My husband ordered the MENAGE A 3 which was beans and rice, gumbo, and crawfish ettouffee, he also ordered MEAT PIES...which i thought was a huge amount of food lol, but whatever. I ordered the crazy cajun platter which i knew was too much food, and ordered a togo container with it.

I thought the idea of meat pies gross, but when they came out covered in a lovely sauce and crispy as all get out, i had to try it, DELICIOUS! He immediatly ate every bite, there were 2 very large pies (resembling a turn over or empanada) with really good meat filling, hamburger and perhaps sausage filling (i only took one bite) and a ball of rice. He was too full to eat his menage a 3 so he took that home for a later dinner, which he stated was DELICIOUS at 9pm that night.

My platter had a large amount of fresh fried shrimp, 5 fried oysters and 2 large pieces of cat fish. I asked for the fish very crispy and the oysters crispy but not burned up. Everything was perfect. Every bit as good as the 25.00 platter at pappadeaux but for half the price. The coleslaw was spicy and yummy, and great hushpuppies.

We ordered the Monday special of the day which was TILAPIA with some tomatoes etc on top. I asked her if we could get the tilapia lightly (very) blackened with the lemon butter sauce instead, fries and dirty rice (this was a TO GO ORDER) for our son. No problem, 11 bucks of yummy! This fish was large, perfectly cooked and the sauce was on the side instead of spreading all over everything else in the box. Carefully packaged and delicious.

THEN THE TRAIN CAME BY!!!! BOX CAR WILLY TIME! She brought me a fairly large jello shot, actually the same size as a togo cocktail sauce..and said it was made with everclear...wowzer was that baby STRONG! Worth every bit 4.00 plus some change lol, that with my margarita was plenty of booze, however had another train come rolling by...i'd have partaken again.

As we were finishing my foodie husband states 'I HAVE JUST FOUND MY NEW FAVORITE PLACE TO EAT"

I have to agree 100%.

If you are in the area, please stop by. I spoke to the waitress and she was very sweet and stated that Jack strives to only by fresh foods, everything is hand prepared, and fresh seafood is delivered 3 times per week so its not pre breaded and frozen.

She recommended shrimp grits and swears she hates grits but stated it was the best thing she has ever eaten. Its on my to do list for next visit, which will be next week!

I need to check that train schedule! Photos to follow later (yummy)

all in all for bascially 2 appitizers, 3 entree's, 2 margaritas, 1 ice tea and a jello shot our bill was 65.00. Great food GREAT PRICES (we could have feed a family of 4 easily)

4 Thank libbyswin
Hardy, Arkansas
“Three visits in three days!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

My husband and I stayed in Roanoke last week for an event at the Texas Motor Speedway. We were exhausted by the time we left for the motel each day, and I had read some reviews about Bayou Jack's and it sounded good. We both love seafood and cajun food. So, the first night we gave it a try. We started with the house margaritas, which were pretty darn good, considering that we are particular about our tequila. He had the catfish and shrimp plate which came with cajun fries and cole slaw. I had the fish tacos, and we ordered a basket of hush puppies. Hush puppies were good and served with a remoulade sauce that was excellent. The catfish, shriimp and cajun fries were also very good. I especially loved the cole slaw, prepared the way I like it, finely chopped, not too soupy, and it had a kick to it which I assumed to be jalapenos...yummy! I ordered the fish tacos with grilled fish (instead of breaded) and I'll have to say they were just ok. They used pollack, which is not my favorite. But it was served with very good dirty rice, and the pico de gallo was good. We returned again the next two nights because we wanted to try some of the other menu items. We had the shriimp dinner and shrimp etouffee. Apparently they butterfly their own shrimp and it is fried just right and not overly breaded. The etouffee was excellent! Plenty of shrimp and the roux was perfect. Again, I love the cole slaw. The last night, we had crab cakes, more hush puppies, gumbo and a small salad. The salad was not small, in fact it was really rather large and fresh-very good. Gumbo was very tasty (slightly skimpy on the shrimp), and the crab cakes were just ok. Margaritas each night were consistently good. I only wish we had tried the dirty balls, almond-crusted trout, and red beans & rice. Service was always fast and very attentive to our needs. Prices seemed very fair...our bill was under $40 each night for the two of us, and that included alcohol. We'll have to go back next time in the area! Really hope they make it!

Argyle, Texas
“Laissez les bons temps rouler...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012

This place was recommended to us - we were not disappointed in the shrimp po-boy along with the cajun fries. We got a side of red beans and rice - good texture and sausage to bean ratio but think chef bumped his toe on the bay leaves - it over-rode the other flavors. Generous portions on the po-boys as well as fries. Shrimps were plentiful and fresh. Not too much better and seasoned up good.
We will definitely return and try out some of the other dishes.
Service was excellent - nice atmosphere - plenty of specials posted on the chalk boards. Loved the promo on jello shots only a buck when the train rolls by and that is very often!

• Visited August 2012