“Great Lunch At Texas Motor Speedway”
Review of Fuzzy's Taco Shop

Fuzzy's Taco Shop
Ranked #25 of 78 Restaurants in Roanoke
Reviewed June 27, 2013

While walking around the pits during the Firestone 550 we spotted the Fuzzy's and decided to go give it a try. I had the shredded beef soft taco and my wife had the shredded chicken soft taco. We were both pleased with our choices. The flavors were very good and the veggies were very fresh. If I had to chose one thing to be critical about it would be the portion of meat but that wont stop me from eating there again. After we finished our meal I found myself looking at the menu wanting to try more of the items available but I couldn't really eat more.

Considering this place is inside the Texas Motor Speedway track I found it to be a pretty good value. It is the way to go to satisfy that race day hunger without spending a fortune.

We had a conversation about what we would each like to try if we were to be back in the area. We had never been to Fuzzy's and actually never heard of the place. Back home we had heard of a new fried chicken place near the university campus and decided to go try it out. On our way we traveled some roads we rarely travel and while waiting at a red light I was looking around and there was a Fuzzy's Taco Shop. I told my wife, "Look, Fuzzy's Tacos" she laughed and said "Yeah, those were some good tacos" thinking I was kidding. I said "No, really, right there is a Fuzzy's". Needless to say we were both happy and we will be visiting there soon to explore the rest of the menu.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

For all those complaining about the amount of food you get for the money, order the chilaquiles! You won't go away hungry.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

Girlfriend and I had Fuzzy's for dinner last night. She had talked it up quite a bit, but I was pretty disappointed. The good? Cold beer and the seasoned chips and queso. I wonder if it was like a melted white cheese but that wasn't bad and probably saved this from being rated a 1. Tacos? Way below average. Not much better than a Taco Bell, and not as good as even a Taco Cabana, yet way slower. If you like a meat taco like chicken or fish that's overloaded with lettuce and tomatoes and feta (interesting idea, but doesn't work well) and underloaded with meat, go for it. If you want a real taco and real meat, head to the taquerias on 28th street in Fort Worth or find a Jalapeños restaurant. Only going back if my girlfriend drags me back, and I'll stick to chips and queso.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

Great staff, clean atmosphere (except when its super busy.. they forget to fill the flatware and condiments island).

The food is pretty good but a tad bland. I usually have to get the extra spicy which brings out the flavors.

They treat you really well but tend to mess up the order fairly often (we've been a few times).

In a pinch, this place will do.. a lot better than the fast food joints down the road.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

I had 3 fish tacos and an iced tea. I went with a friend who is familiar with the area and recommended the place for lunch. It has good atmosphere and the food was good. We did have to wait a while to get our food however I think that is because they fix it fresh and not a lot of people were ordering fish.

Would definitely go back.

Been to Fuzzy's Taco Shop? Share your experiences!