“Cowboy Chow is now Tacos & Avacados”
Review of Cowboy Chow - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Cowboy Chow
Cuisines: American
Fort Worth, Texas
“Cowboy Chow is now Tacos & Avacados”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Menu change is a vast improvement, especially with other BBQ fare already available on Oak Street. See reviews under their new name and fare.

Visited August 2012

Dallas, Texas
“Cowboy Chow now closed. See below for replacement restaurant.”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Cowboy Chow is now closed. In it's place is the new place called "Tacos and Avocados". Same owner, same staff but totally diffferent fare. It's name is basically the menu - avocados served 3 ways, as I recall, and a selection of street-style tacos. Visited on one of their first days during their 'soft opening' and although some opening glitches with our food and service, I believe there's potential for a nice place. I'll be back. Daniel

• Visited September 2012
Decatur, Texas
“We won't be back”
Reviewed August 25, 2012

We've loved this place since it opened, but hadn't been since around April of this year. Tonight's dinner was pathetic. The menu had been shrunk to less than the average diner offers, the frybread is now simply a fried tortilla - and not a well made tortilla - and only offered as an appetizer, nowhere else on the menu. My handmade potato chips had obviously been made hours before and run through the deep fryer (stale and utterly meh), my husband's steak salad was gristle and bagged salad, the watermelon iced tea was stale - all this and more explains why the streets were packed with diners and yet CC had PLENTY of open seats. We are so very disappointed.

• Visited August 2012
Fort Worth, TX
“Decent food, unique atmosphere, poor service”
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Stopped by recently after work with 6 associates from work. Started with drinks, appetizers, worked our way through dinner and the a couple more rounds of drinks. I've been there numerous times so familiar with the place and it's menu.

1 - food is unique and good. The menu isn't dynamic so you it's the same choices every visit.

2 - atmosphere - typical N. Texas casual pub/sit down style. In the heart of Roanoke, so it's a lot like Babe's in that regard.

Once really neat feature is that the front wall of the place has garage doors that open up to Oak St. So half your party can have sidewalk level seating while the other half can sit inside.

3 - On this visit we were surprised to have poor service. So we were literally flagging down the waiters to get more drinks. Unexpected for a large group and service we've had previously.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank gravesbl
“Love the ranch cigars!”
Reviewed July 27, 2012 via mobile

We've been numerous times & haven't had any problems. The food is good, servers are friendly & not overly attentive. The only problem I have is that I think they charge a little too much for the food. That's the only negative. Just about every time we go, my daughter & I get the ranch cigars; she gets the chicken & I get the brisket. She asks for extra ranch dressing & they charge for it, which I don't think they should do. We're already paying enough for the food. Hubby & sons have had chicken pot pie & brisket tacos, to name a few. Watermelon tea & fried green tomatoes are also a hit. Except for the price, we really like this place.