“Great Place to Get Stranded - Seriously!”

Motel 6 Ft Worth Northlake - Speedway
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Roanoke
Leavenworth, Kansas
“Great Place to Get Stranded - Seriously!”
Reviewed December 10, 2013

I had the misfortune to encounter Winter Storm Cleon on a trip back from the Texas coast headed north. at 12:30am in the morning, this was the closest open facility to I-35. Ended up staying here for a couple of days till I could travel. This is one of the nicest Motel 6 facilities I've been at. (I generally pay a bit extra and go elsewhere) I was really impressed by the cleanliness and friendliness of the staff. Blankets are a bit thin for 15 degree weather overnight (yes, it really happened) but was able to get an extra blanket to cope and the furnace worked great, although it took a few hours for it to reach my preferred temp of 74 degrees, room was originally 65. I think the energy efficient system they use has something to prevent you from heating the room up to full blast immediately, but it was OK once it hit temp, and aside from my trips to the lobby, I basically had to live here a couple of days. Pretty roomy for them, the room included a table with a booth and a chair that could have worked either as a desk or for two people to eat takeout food.

The staff here was just terrific, especially considering the fact we couldn't go anywhere!

I travel this interstate corridor several times per year, so I'll definitely be back. It was $30 cheaper than the other nearby chains, a pretty good value for the money.

No amenities aside from fresh coffee and vending machines, but wasn't really expecting that anyway from Motel 6!

Room Tip: 2nd floor room, could see I-35, nice location.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank Road_Warrior_LV

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Houston Texas
Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

After reading the mixed reviews on here I wasn't sure what to expect. Overall our stay there was pretty good. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. The rooms were quite small and had a strange setup. But although small they had a table with a fridge so that made our life with a toddler easy. The beds weren't the most comfortable but not terrible. The motel is literally a minute from tbe racetrack and that made it perfect for us. It was a quiet weekend with hardly any guests, so it was very quiet. I could see it being very noisy when it is full of
NASCAR fans though. I wouk d stay again at the price I paid.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Moonietx
Sherman, TX
Reviewed October 1, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for one night in late September. There were no races going on this weekend, so the place was not full. It was very quiet, and I hardly heard any of the other guests. We stayed on the 3rd floor, away from the elevator, so that was probably why.

The room, though sparsely furnished, was clean. I like the "wood" floors, and "leather" upholstery. This contributes to the clean feeling. The beds were not uncomfortable, but not plush. I felt a little like I was in a train, just because the room was pretty small, and a little RVish. That being said, if you just need a place to sleep, this place is not bad.

I just have two complaints, and this kind of ruined it for me. Every time I left or came back to my room, I smelled smoke in the hall. To me, they should do a better job of segregating the smoking rooms. I never smelled it in my room, so that was good. The other drawback was the lack of water pressure. I don't mean it was low, I mean it was terrible. I finally pointed the shower head straight down in hopes that gravity would help. I told the front desk about it at check out, but they attribruted it to the hotel being a "green" hotel. In all fairness, after I completed the guest survey sent by the hotel, I was immediately contacted and told that the situation was rectified, and it was not because the hotel was "green."

This is the cheapest hotel in the area. Had I not experienced the two issues above, I probably would have given a fourth star, based on value.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank JDHSherman
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed June 26, 2013

My wife and I reserved a room here for the Firestone 550 race weekend and found the place to be great. We are guest in a lot of hotels traveling as much as we do and I was extremely concerned about my stay at a Motel 6. We decided in advance that we were going to man up and keep in mind that we were only there to get sleep between races. We decided that no matter how bad it could be we were not going to let the condition of the hotel dictate our level of fun on this trip.

We arrived and we were both pleased with the appearance of the hotel but I would not be fooled into thinking the whole place would be as nice as the outer shell. My wife went inside to check us in because I fear what waited for me inside didn't want to go in till I had to. She came out and said "The lobby looks fine". Still being the skeptic I reserved my smiles for after a full inspection with my own eyes. We loaded the luggage cart and made our way to the room. As my wife said the lobby did appear to be nice. It was well lit and clean and the desk clerk seemed to be hospitable. We opened the door to our room and I laughed and said "I see why one reviewer called the room a "IKEA" room. I was very pleased though. The room was small but clean and everything turned out to be quite comfortable. The bathroom was also very clean.

My favorite thing about this place would have to be the shower. I don't know how they were able to achieve this high performance level of water pressure but I have stayed in hotels around the world that were rated 1 star to 5 star and all in between. From Ritz Carlton to a place in Bombay that I hope to forget someday. But I have never had a better shower with what seemed to be unlimited hot water and enough water pressure to actually make one of those massaging showerheads actually function properly.

Overall I say this place was great. Yeah, it was kinda small and it had a IKEAness to its design but it was close to the racetrack and priced lower than anything 15 miles in any direction. We tried to book a room at the sold out Marriott nearby and now I am glad we couldn't get the room there because it would have cost a lot more and we really were out all day and just needed a place to get rest to go out the next morning for more fun. I will stay here again if I am in the area and I hope they keep this property up and continue to provide the basics needed for anyone... safe and clean place to get some rest.

Someone complained that the AC didn't work in their room because it was hot when they returned to their room. We noticed that it was hot when we returned to our room also but we also noticed that seconds after walking in the room our AC would turn on and within minutes the room was sufficiently cooled down. I have never been in a room that had something like this but I found it to be more entertaining that something to complain about.

Room Tip: No Frills, Just a clean and safe place to stay.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank mgenre
Mexico
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I would like to express my gratitude for a great stay during a whole month due to work.
Very Clean room, with not many ammenities but as my stay was long, i purchased stuff @ WalMart which is pretty close by.
Location was perfect as I needed to drive a couple of miles only to get to work every day. Also very well connected to Roanoake, Southlake and Western Center.
Very clean laundry room on 2nd floor, vending machines and fresh coffee all day!
Truly appreciate being treated with so much candor by Shelly and the whole team. They were always helpful and pretty nice to me day and night.
Thank you so much for a great stay!

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 18, 2012

Came to rent a room k to be closer to job. Car had been acting up. 3Rd night here went up to look at laundry room and cost went back to room and key wouldn't work. They tried resetting it but couldn't. Told us we had to Wait for maintenance , they would be in at 8am. Btwn 2 and 3 am is the time we were locked out. Ok I said, but our dog is in there and her medicine. Anyways we had hell even getting them to comp us 2 nights for the embarrassment and inconvenient. Then 4 days later we R locked out again the morning we R told that they will give us our money back for one night and that we needed to go ahead and leave. Could not rent us another room and could not give us a reason why we had to leave. Will never go back and recommend no one stay there. I'm dead serious. Very inconsiderate people.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Tracihix52
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Let me start with something good. It was recently remodeled. Now, on with it. This is in the top 5 on my list of hotels never to stay in again. I travel the country working and had the unpleasant experience of staying here for two weeks. It is the most expensive motel 6 I have ever stayed. Your average price listed is $37 a night, wrong. If you stay by the week it comes out something close to that, but if you're staying one or two nights, be prepared to pay more. Especially if more than one person is staying. The layout of the rooms interior is the worst I've seen. I stayed in a double. The tv was permanently mounted flat against the wall and shifted all the way to the door side of the room. You could only watch it from one bed. Although the double beside us had the tv mounted in between the beds and it was viewable from both beds. If you prop yourself up in the bed to read a book or watch tv, your mattress will slide off in the floor. There was a mini fridge in the room but, if you need to warm something up to eat or drink, be prepared to walk down to the lobby where the only two microwaves in the motel are located. And if you stay in a single, you will not have a mini fridge either. I stayed in a single also when my gf came to see me. The elevator is located on the far west end of the motel, so if you're unlucky enough to have a room on the east end, be ready to walk. During my two week stay my room was cleaned and sheets replaced one time. It became an every other day occurrence to have to go to the front desk and retrieve towels. On two separate occasions we had so many towels and so much trash that we had to push it into the hall and force housekeeping to do their job because simply asking them was not working. It claims to be green but this motel 6 had more coke, candy, and ice cream machines in the lobby than any other I have seen. If you're wanting a continental breakfast in the morning, don't expect anything other than coffee, if it's made. The Wi-Fi access is limited. If you're planning on trying to hook up a game console, don't. Their system will not support it and their techs have limited knowledge of their own system. Also be ready to pay daily for you're Wi-Fi access. The service at the front desk was speratic. Depending on who was there. Most of the clerks came off as not wanting to do anything other than accept your hard earned money with a frown on their face. I hope that whoever reads this will understand that this is a review of my experience and does not mean that their service will be as bad. Although the motel layout will be the same. This is a real review from boogieman7878@gmail.com that stayed in room 329.
Thanks, Chris R.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Boogieman7878
Also consider these accommodations in or near Roanoke
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Roanoke/Northlake
Denton Creek Inn
#4 of 4 in Roanoke
Hampton Inn & Suites Trophy Club - Fort Worth North
Hampton Inn and Suites North Fort Worth - Alliance Airport

Been to Motel 6 Ft Worth Northlake - Speedway? Share your experiences!