“Great service, close to Motor Speedway”

Comfort Suites Near Alliance
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Roanoke
Roanoke, Texas
“Great service, close to Motor Speedway”
Reviewed July 18, 2010

We were pleasantly surprised by a clean room, quick, friendly service and complimentary beer, wine and snacks in the lobby. Breakfast is hot, hearty and included. I can't say enough about the friendliness, spacious room and great service!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Magritte1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Destin, Florida
Reviewed June 10, 2010

Just about 20 minutes from DFW. Booked through Priceline for $62. Spacious rooms. Had a King with sofa, chair table, mini fridge and micro. Spacious bathroom as well. Staff was great and the location quiet. A little isolated from other amenities but they are just a quick drive away.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
2 Thank StoneyJ
Central Illinois
Reviewed July 2, 2005

We were passing through Denton/Roanoke on our way to the San Antonio area, and decided to stop for the night at the Comfort Suites. The hotel is a little hard to find, since once you get off the Interstate there are no signs to tell you where to go. Luckily, we drove far enough to see the hotel and stop.

On the positive side...

The hotel is new, clean, quiet, and well decorated. The rooms (all were "suites" -- two beds and a sofa) were large and well appointed. Note: If you're hungy, order a pizza from (I believe) Mr. Jims's. We got the garlic butter crust meaty pizza, and it was delicious and delivered quickly on a Saturday night. The outside pool is of average size for a small hotel, but it was clean and heated, as was the jacuzzi.

Now, for the downside...

When we cam back to our third-floor room to change after swimming, my son, who was sitting on the floor, was bitten twice by ants. We didn't think much about it at the time, thinking that maybe they came with us somehow. However, during dinner our kids dropped a few cracker crumbs on the floor. Within a few minutes, my son noticed that several of the crumbs were moving...

We did some looking around the room, and discovered that there were dozens, if not hundreds, of ants in the room, including at least a dozen in one of the beds. I went down to the front desk to let the hotel staff know, they quickly moved us to another room, but at no time did they apologize for the inconvienence.

At bedtime, I pulled out the sofa bed for my daughter to sleep on, and found that there were no sheets on it. My wife called down to the front desk to have sheets sent up, but since they hotel was understaffed (the girl there was the only employee present), she could not bring them up -- I had to go down and get them from her. After getting the sheets and returning to the room, I discovered that I had only been given one sheet and a bedspread. I went down again to get a top sheet and blanket, and was given a sheet and another bedspread -- apparently they had no blankets to spare.

Once the morning came, we went down to breakfast, only to find that the food was nearly all gone, the bananas were as green as Kermit the Frog, every table was dirty, and there was no staff there. I went into the supply room myself to at least get cups for juice and milk, and on the way out passed the person taking care of the breakfast room (who was also working the front desk and couldn't spend much time taking care of food). She then brought out some food, but quickly returned to the front desk without cleaning any tables. We quickly ate what food we could and returned to our room to get our bags and leave.

• Stayed June 2005
5 Thank MrLuckyPants
Gary, In
Reviewed September 21, 2004

I was in town for an Indycar race in June. The hotel is new with clean rooms. The staff was friendly.

I would stay at this hotel again.

A continental breakfast is provided.

4 Thank Michelle A
Also consider these accommodations in or near Roanoke
Best Western Roanoke Inn & Suites
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Roanoke/Northlake
Hampton Inn & Suites Trophy Club - Fort Worth North
Homewood Suites by Hilton Trophy Club Fort Worth North
Hampton Inn and Suites North Fort Worth - Alliance Airport
WoodSpring Suites Fort Worth Trophy Club

Been to Comfort Suites Near Alliance? Share your experiences!