Comfort Suites Near Alliance
Agoda.com
$175
$134
  • Pool
No availability for your dates from our partners
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Convenient to IH35W, 114, and the Alliance Corridor, this hotel is a stones throw from Texas Motor Speedway. I stayed there with a handful of friends, all of whom were joining me for a performance driving course at the speedway. Proximity isn't the only thing the hotel has going for it. Although from the faded sign, it's obviously an aged property, inside it seems to have been remodeled. The wifi is free and works perfectly, excellent channel variety on the flat screen tv, large mini suite type room which, although simple, was clean and had plenty of power accessibility for my tech gadgets. Make no mistake, it's not a luxury hotel, but it's not intended to be. As a limited service value focused hotel, it's priced right, includes a free hot breakfast, and it convenient to a few restaurants and convenience stores. If I'm ever back in the area, I'd try it again. Thank you to the front desk staff for the courtesy.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Tina P, General Manager at Comfort Suites Near Alliance, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Hi TexKeyStone!

We loved reading your review! Thank you for taking the time to share with others your feedback about our property! We do work to keep the property is good condition and of course, focus on providing or guests with excellent customer service. This truly makes our staff feel good and know that their service is not going unrecognized. Come back anytime! We will work to keep the service consistent so your smile will also remain the same! Best Wishes! Tina P. - General Manager

Reviewed September 7, 2013

The hotel was great.. Very clean.. I just left there for business purpose..The hotel manager there was terrific... she help me with some matter I was having with my bank. that was great...she went the extra mile in helping me... I will stay there again...thanks.....from Fred

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Tina P, General Manager at Comfort Suites Near Alliance, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2013

Hi Fred,

Your compliments on both the hotel and guest relations provided, definitely makes this General Manager Smile! Thank you for staying with us, sharing your feedback, and confirming that you will stay with us again when in the Roanoke area. As a team leader of this property, I strive to practice what I preach and every now and then, I actually get to see and hear the results live! I love my staff and appreciate guests like yourself who display both patiences and understanding, as our team work extra hard to meet your expectations! We welcome you back anytime! Thank you! Tina P.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

DO NOT STAY HERE UNLESS YOU HAVE AN EXTERMINATOR WITH YOU!
I could go into a long drawn out monologue on this terrible hotel but I'll save you the read and get to the point.... you have to call down to the desk to get them to flip the breaker for a/c or heat to work (that's ridiculously cheap); shower pull doesn't work--have to move to another room to get a shower; BUT BIGGEST ISSUE?

BUGS IN THE BED! (downright disgusting and unsanitary)--Ticks mind you! and we have pictures of them...upon further inspection, we find all sorts of other little bugs crawling in the bed. GROSS! Refuse to stay here another second...left at midnight after they tried to convince to stay by moving to a 3rd room? I think not!

And on top of it--I had to wait to have a check mailed to my home for my refund b/c they couldn't return cash to me that I paid for my room upon arrival--CRAZY! And I had to call and follow-up on that refund---manager never called me (even after leaving her messages and emails) until I called giving an ultimatum for her to call me back. She was more concerned about why they took cash from me in the first place than my satisfaction. NEVER WILL I STEP FOOT INTO THIS HOTEL AGAIN.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Dear M S,

There is a saying, "When it Rain, it Pours;" and from what I have gathered about your stay, this is exactly what happened during your visit with us. It is definitely not our goal to have any guest leave unhappy, however, there are times when certain situations are out of our control. In your case, the two areas we were in control of was the shower, as our maintenance guy was able to get the pull working shortly after you switched rooms; and yes, we do have to initally turn on your A/C from our Front Office, but this is only for rooms that are not already pre-booked, as it is a way for us to conserve energy and keep both our cost & our travelers rates down. Pre-booked rooms are expected to be check-ins, so the rooms are prepared accordingly. We never know if we are going to have walk-in travelers, so rooms not originally booked, do not have A/C's already turned on. In regards to those pesty bugs found in your room, that definitely should not have been the case, however, b/c of the heat we had been experiencing, we had to work extra hard to keep uninvited visitors out of our hotel, who apparently come in to try and cool off. We have been quite successful in doing so, however, it seem as though your room was targeted unexpectantly and thus causing for an uncomfortable stay. You will be Happy to know that we did not delay in contacting our Pest Control provider who was able to have this situation taken care of immediately! All other rooms were checked at this time as well. In regards to your refund, this was taken care of as soon as our General Manager was notified. It is our policy to not accept cash, for this exact reason... should the guest check out early, we have no way of refunding the money and a check will need to be processed for payment. However, It is my understanding that an exception was made for you, per your request, and cash was accepted. Unfortunately the refund was not received in your expected time-frame. This situation has allowed us to learn from our errors and stay true to our policies and procedures. Although none of these fixed issues can provide you what you were looking for during your stay, "a worry-free trip", we want you to know we do care and sincerely apologize for your inconvenience and are hopeful you will find away to give us another try in the future. This truly is a great property to visit and we would like to have you come back and see us in a different light soon!
Wishing you the Best! - Tina P.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

I stay in different hotels for work across the country. I have come to expect a certain level from any hotel brand as a standard. Clean and quiet room; friendly staff; free breakfast; plenty of towels; and free wifi are the standard. This particular location exceeded my expectations. The workers in particular went above and beyond. Girl by the name Katina, and a guy by the name Karl (he prefers Optimus Prime). All of the copies and scans that I needed were taken care of right away. This, along with meeting all of the other standards earned them an excellent review from me.

Room Tip: If you only need one bed, opt for the queen with the Jacuzzi in the room........
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Tina P, General Manager at Comfort Suites Near Alliance, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Hi John H.! Thank you for taking the time to share this great feedback about our hotel and team members! Your response confirms that our guest relations goals are definitely being met, as we want to make sure all our guests leave feeling special and knowing that we care. Katina and Karl are wonderful assets to our hotel and they are two of our best employees. They are dedicated and committed to servicing our guests and their needs. We will be sure to share your comments with the team. We welcome you back when in the city of Roanoke, TX! Come and stay with us anytime! Sincerely,Tina P.- General Manager

Reviewed May 30, 2013

Nice place to stay .... comfortable, clean, and easy access to interstates.

This property is located up on a hill from TX114. You can see TMS from your window! Clean, secluded property, a Waffle House and 7/11 within walking distance and restaurants within a 15 min drive. Small pool and hot tub outdoors in back. Small lobby. Clean and welcoming. Ice and vending on each floor. Friendly staff.

Comfortable room: clean bathroom, plenty of towels, clean linens, bed was ok, small refrig, small microwave, kitchenette counter space with cabinet and a small sink, sliding glass door on closet needs to be replaced, low-backed couch isn't comfortable to sit on but is ok for lounging, plenty of desk work space with plenty of outlets, comfortable business deskchair. AC works fine. TV signal is below average with local channels, ESPN, a few children's channels, SPEED, several news channels, weather channel, TBS. Good internet signal and cell phone signal throughout property.

Fitness room is sufficient: clean, water available, TV, nice AC, univeral, treadmill, 2 bikes, elliptical .... some are a bit creaky but work fine.

Breakfast was yummy: cereals, breads, eggs/bacon/gravy/biscuits, waffles, juices, coffee/tea, fresh fruit, danish, attended regularly, clean tables. Coffee/hot tea service available all day in lobby.

Washing machine/dryer also available.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that doesn't have the outdoor flood lights shining up onto the building and into your window.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Tina P, General Manager at Comfort Suites Near Alliance, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2013

Well Hello! We are so grateful for you taking the time to provide not only excellent feedback about our property, but to personally display the name of our staff members who are helping to make a difference, truly brings this compliment to another level and will ensure these along with our other staff members continue to strive for excellence! Thank you for confirming that we are staying on the right track with servicing our guests. Definitely continue to stay with us when you are in the area. Please do continue providing us with feedback, as it helps us stay in line with what our travelers are wanting and is always appreciated! Best Wishes! General Manager