“Over Priced”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Roanoke
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
“Over Priced”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2011

The hotel advertises 100% non-smoking but the rooms had a funky smell to them. Door on room would not lock. Had to call for service to get TV to work, channels are limited and poor picture quality even with what looked like a fairly new flat screen. Pillows were half size, although there were four of them, that's a first for me. The free breakfast was nice.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Tina P, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Hello! I first want to thank you for taking the time to provide us with this feedback. Although your review has been some time ago, I did want to take the time to respond, as we recently have made some changes both in management and in renovating our hotel. Your information definitely assists us in both training and improving our service. We recently changed our management companies and also went through a full renovation & upgrading of our property. Everything is new...including both products and personalities! We invite you come back and give us a try, as I'm certain you will find both our TV's and fragrance of our rooms will be a refreshing experience. We also have new locks, as well as a new look for our doors! As mention to another guest's response, the pillows in the bed actually do retract to a standard size pillow; for presentation purposes, we tuck the cases tightly inside the fold to give a more modern style of look, as this is our brand standard, however, with a gentle pat it will unfold to your standard size pillow style. Due to both of your comments, we are working to implement a new program that will inform our guests, what to expect in regards to their pillows and how to get a standard look and feel when ready for bed. We absolutely want to make staying at our hotel a positive experience. Do consider coming back and trying us out again. There is a saying....it's always better the 2nd time around! We will be waiting! Thank you again for your feedback! Tina P. General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Lake Villa, IL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2011

We have stayed here three times while visiting relatives in Keller, and have found the rooms to be clean, large, and comfortable. Granted, the hotel is not within walking distance of anything, but downtown Roanoke is coming to life quite nicely and only a few minutes by car. We've also found it to be the only hotel from which we can easily find our relative's house. (Ft. Worth can be confusing.) My only nit pick would be that two of the times we stayed here, the spa (outside) was not functional. Once it was freezing, and this time it was broken. Other than that, it's been a perfect place for us, with very lovely staff and good breakfasts.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Hello and Thank you for taking the time to provide us with this feedback. Although your review has been some time ago, I did want to take the time to respond, as we recently have made some changes both in management and in renovating our hotel. I was pleased to hear that you have stayed with us a few times when coming to area to visit your family. Please continue to visit us, as we have made some changes both staff and the decor of our hotel. We recently went through a renovation and definitely want to get the word out that a new feel is in the air at our hotel. It's unfortunate you were unable to enjoy the hot tub, due to the temperature not being controlled properly, however, I am confident the next time to you come to visit, you should not have any problems with enjoying this amenity; and please....when there is a problem, please do not hesitate in making one of my staff members aware of your issues, as we definitely want to get this resolved so you can continue enjoying your visit. We hope to see you soon! Tina P. General Manager
Hitchin, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2011

We stayed here four days while visiting family in nearby Keller, so we weren’t looking for a romantic hideaway or a spa! What we got was exactly what we wanted though, a large, clean functional room with a king bed and all we needed and more – kitchenette unit and so on. The hotel is pretty new, and they seem to be assiduous in keeping it up and so the website pictures represent it very well. The air con is individual units under the window, so a bit noisy, but then it was 104 degrees outside. The staff were very friendly and accommodating, breakfast was a simple buffet style. Lobby coffee is ad lib 24 hrs. If you want a very clean and comfortable business-like hotel, we would definitely recommend it.

For nearby restaurants, go to the Prairie House on 377 – never disappointing – and for diner breakfasts (all day) you can’t beat the Dove Creek Cafe, also on 377. It’s a 1960’s time warp – great characters!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Hello, and thank you for taking the time to provide a review about our property! I know it has been a little while since you have stayed with us, however, we recently changed management and one of the tasks I wanted to do was take time and respond to those individuals who took time to send us a message about our hotel. We definitely want to let you know there is a team in Roanoke, TX that cares and would like to invite you back to stay with us again. We recently went through a renovation and have a new look we are confident you will appreciate when visiting the area. We appreciate your kind words about our hotel and truly thank you for taking the time in providing us feedback. We look forward in servicing you again soon! Best Wishes! Tina P. - General Manager
Fayetteville, AR
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2010

I was looking for an economical hotel on the north side of the Dallas-Ft. Worth area. This place filled the bill. The price was great. The only downer seemed to be that it was located a couple of miles from the Interstate. I found it easily even though it was located in the middle of nowhere.
The room seemed to be excellent, but we found little bugs. We complained and were immediately given another room. This one was fine.
The breakfast was above average, but they ran out of food and did not replenish it.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank TOG11
Taunton, Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2010

I recently stayed at the Comfort Suites in Roanoke Tx. I have to let you know of my dissatisfaction with the breakfast set up for that morning.

There were several items that were poor/ subpar:

• hair in the ice where the yogurt was
• no milk
• batter for the waffles was bad (not mixed correctly and did not taste good when cooked)
• no juices
• grease on the handles for hot item
• waffle maker look like it had not been cleaned in months

When I pointed out some of these items I got no response. They had no milk / juice. There was a lack of concern and quality. I travel often enough but this setup was the worst I had seen in a while. I pay good money for this room / breakfast and I am very dissatisfied.

I emailed the Comfort Suite management about my experience with no response.

I travel to Fort Worth area enough but I will make sure that my colleagues will know not to stay at the Comfort Suites in Roanoke.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
TX
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2010

I am typically a huge fan of Comfort Suites, but would not recommend this one.

Off to a rough start when upon arrival in the heat of a Texas summer, the A/C in the room was not on - not at all. Room was stifling, and took a couple of hours to even become bearable. So much for arriving and getting some rest. Others in our party had the same experience, so it wasn't just one room.

Rooms were very worn. Hot tub and pool were filthy. Breakfast was picked over to the point of almost non-existence, and one person was staffing front desk and attempting to handle breakfast room. Reservations were messed up. At one point (in the middle of the day) had to literally wake up front desk clerk to ask a question. Very disappointing stay.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Roanoke, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2010

We were pleasantly surprised by a clean room, quick, friendly service and complimentary beer, wine and snacks in the lobby. Breakfast is hot, hearty and included. I can't say enough about the friendliness, spacious room and great service!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Magritte1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Roanoke
BEST WESTERN Roanoke Inn & Suites
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Roanoke/Northlake
Hampton Inn & Suites Trophy Club - Fort Worth North
Hampton Inn and Suites North Fort Worth - Alliance Airport
WoodSpring Suites Fort Worth Trophy Club
Denton Creek Inn
Denton Creek Inn
#4 of 4 in Roanoke

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!