“Love Staying Here!!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Richmond
The Great Oaks Manor
Ranked #1 of 1 Richmond B&B and Inns
North Houston, Texas
“Love Staying Here!!!”
Reviewed June 13, 2012 via mobile

I have stayed here twice in the last two years. Both visits were in May (2011 & 2012). The first visit I asked for The Veranda Room and enjoyed it so much, I requested it my second visit. I love the doors opening onto the 2nd story porch looking out over the front yard of the manor. Opening the doors to the porch and turning on the ceiling fan gave a great air flow/breeze through the room at night. Coffee on the porch/veranda in the morning was a treat.

The proprietors, Carey and Fred are the nicest of people. They always made me feel welcome (like one of the family!). The breakfasts were so good...made by Carey, fresh fruit sliced by Fred. The manor was clean and the grounds inviting for one who just wants to relax.

Thanks, Carey and Fred! I'll be back!

Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank K8Mac1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Richmond, Texas
Reviewed March 13, 2012

I have tried calling Great Oaks Manor several times and each time I had to leave a message for someone to call me back. However, no one has called me back. I called to get basic information regarding having a ceremony and reception at Great Oaks Manor. I have come to the conclusion that customer service is not important to them and I will take my money else where.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank N E
Houston, TX
Reviewed April 7, 2009

We stayed here for a birthday get away and I have to say, this place was wonderful! Our room was lovely and very comfortably appointed; we particularly loved the bathroom which was made for enjoying a relaxing soak. The flowers on the grounds were in bloom and it made us realize how much we enjoy the springtime. Breakfast was superb with everything being handmade down to the delicious, smokey salsa for the Texas Egg Casserole. The hosts were very gracious and made us feel right at home. We are already talking about going back.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank smokeytx
Tulsa, OK
Reviewed February 20, 2009

This was a great place to stay while my husband had a business conference in Houston. Our room was lovely and we enjoyed the quiet surroundings. Very comfortable bed. We enjoyed our delicious breakfast and they were very accomadating to our schedule.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KandNTulsa
San Francisco, CA
Reviewed February 16, 2009

My husband and I stayed at Great Oaks for the second time this winter and enjoyed it even more! Located out of town, near new subdivisions, the property consists of 2 acres and a huge century-old classic Southern mansion that has been completely renovated by the talented and friendly owners.
Staying at Great Oaks truly feels like "going home" in the very best sense: you are welcomed into the enormous, yet totally comfortable house, set up in your spacious room (the place must have 12 foot ceilings) , then left in peace, to wander the grounds, read a book from the well-stocked library, lounge on the upper verandah, soak in the jacuzzi, or just relax on the front porch.

The rooms are so pleasant! Some are huge, and all are beautifully decorated with a subtle but interesting theme, such as the Casablanca Room which was ours, with its touches of Morocco.

We slept incredibly well on the cushy mattress in the quiet country night, and woke up to smells of the owner's delicious scones for late Sunday breakfast. We lazed around all morning, then had to go back to reality ! Highly recommended.

• Liked — The quiet country ambiance of the gorgeous property, beautiful, sparkling clean rooms and nice owners
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
Spring
Reviewed February 11, 2009

We are local to the area (from Houston/Spring) and were looking for a quick, quiet, and romantic get away. This place was fantastic in every aspect. Carey and Fred's hospitality was very refreshing. They gave us the peace and quiet we needed, yet were available for small talk when we wanted. Their service was fantastic! The food was fantastic (loved the strawberry french toast!)! The room was impeccable and well thought out! The Manor itself was beautiful! We will be back some day! Thanks Carey and Fred!

• Liked — Service and Ambience
  • Disliked — Location
  • Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
Houston, TX
Reviewed January 27, 2009

Great Oaks Manor was such a wonderful end to a stressful wedding day. Everything from the comfy bed to the relaxing jacuzzi tub and the AMAZING croissant french toast in the morning was excellent. Carey and Fred were very kind and personable -- we enjoyed the conversation as much as the breakfast!

We definitely hope to return as often as we can get away for a peaceful weekend to ourselves!

• Liked — The room and breakfast!
  • Disliked — We honestly had a completely positive experience.
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond
Hyatt Place Houston/Sugar Land
Hilton Garden Inn Houston / Sugar Land
SpringHill Suites Houston Rosenberg
Sugar Land Marriott Town Square
Hampton Inn & Suites Houston-Rosenberg
Best Western Sugarland Inn
Best Western Sugarland Inn
#3 of 9 in Sugar Land

Been to The Great Oaks Manor? Share your experiences!