“Exactly what we were looking for in Texas!!”
Review of The Swinging Door

The Swinging Door
Ranked #1 of 102 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Whistler, Canada
“Exactly what we were looking for in Texas!!”
Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I were visiting friends so when we explained that we really wanted to go to an authentic Texan BBQ with big portions they brought us straight to The Swinging Door and we weren't disappointed!! What an incredible find, the food is simply delicious, big portions and oozing with amazing Texan hospitality. We had the 3 meat and veg dish - sausages were so yummy, the turkey was amazing, brisket simply devine - think you're getting the idea here and he veggies were off the radar!! If you're in this area do yourself a favour and stroll on in to have some seriously incredible food!!

Visited November 2013

“Smokey goodness not too far away”
Reviewed November 9, 2013

The swinging door features great BBQ, and I have come to realize that it really isn't too far away provided you go down 90.
Everything they serve is smoked over pecan fires, and you can actually taste it.
They say it's the best in Texas. Well you can decide for yourself.
I think it's great.
The only drawback is they are kinda slow serving, with only 2 people doing the final portion control cutting, whilst at least 10 others wander around doing other tasks.
Still great food.
You gotta try this place, it's my new favorite, and not too far from where I stay in sugarland

• Visited November 2013
Richmond, Texas
“Great Country Restaurant”
Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Swing Door has great food and service.
Happen to live about a mile from restaurant, so eat there or take-out about 3-4 times a month.
BBQ is excellent and baked potatoes are gigantic.
Excellent atmosphere, very friendly staff

Visited September 2013
Houston
“Consistently good for nearly 40 years”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

I have visited this restaurant for nearly 40 years and it has changed very little in appearance or quality of its excellent pecan-smoked barbecue, I usually have the sliced brisket plate with sides of beans and cole slaw. They have root beer bottled with their label which is good, too. The surrounding area has grown up around this once "in the country" restaurant but this place remains rustic and the food is always good.

• Visited October 2013
Houston, Texas, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“If you want good barbecue, look no further”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Normally I go to The Swinging Door for carry-out, but occasionally I eat at the restaurant. Quality is consistently excellent across the menu, which is limited to standard barbecue items and sides. The smoked turkey is the best I have ever had. I recommend the resturant without qualification,

• Visited August 2013