Comfort Suites Near Northeast Mall
  • Pool
Haltom Inn(Haltom City)
$62
Travelocity
Quality Inn & Suites(North Richland Hills)
$71
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
TripAdvisor
All reviewsla fitnessindoor pool and hot tubfront deskshuttle servicemodern amenitiesnice hotelfree breakfastroom was cleantexas
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 4, 2013

I am a business traveler so I spend 80-100 nights per year in a hotel. I guess you would say it's my home away from home. I have been staying at this Comfort Suites since 2009 when they opened. I was very impressed right from the start. Mel, the GM, was very professional and helpful since the beginning. Most of the front desk clerks have been with Mel since day one which is a good sign. I can easily say that this isn't only my favorite Comfort Suites hotel, but my favorite hotel period. I haven't had one issue with this hotel or Mel over the 4 years that I have been staying here. They have a nice indoor pool, nice clean rooms, decent business center, and a happy hour which isn't offered at most Comfort Suites. Someone had suggested this to Mel a few years ago and he agreed it was a good idea and implemented it. When I'm on business I can stay at any hotel up to $200. I choose to stay here because they treat me as well or better then any $200 hotel. The front desk clerks are always professional and friendly...Cliff and Thomas are awesome. I even stay at this hotel when I have business on the other side of town. I would rather stay at this hotel and drive a little longer in the morning.....it's that good. I have also stayed at this hotel when coming up with my girlfriend for a weekend getaway. If I could give this more than 5 stars I would. I stay at hotels all over the country and this is by far my favorite. I always look forward to seeing Mel and the front desk clerk when I arrive. Mel always makes time to chat with me when I arrive and leave. As far as the negative comments that were posted from a few people on here, I wouldn't pay too much attention. Most of the hotels that I stay at don't let you pay cash without a deposit because you could damage the room and they have no repercussions. I have never seen the GM, Mel, be rude to a guest or employee in the 4 years that I have been staying here. I honestly cannot think of anything negative to say about this hotel......just one word......AWESOME!!! Mike Katz

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

To start I called to ask a few questions about hotel. Was told pool was heated (was not), told about all the items for breakfast (were not served). The night desk person both nights very helpful. Since leaving the hotel I am been harassed by the GM Mel. He has accused me and my family of damaging a sofa. He has called is liars and threatened us. I would suggest you find somewhere else to stay.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank Shandond
Reviewed August 27, 2013

We spent 3 nights here recently while in the area to visit family. The hotel is a bit hard to find but once we did it was a lovely place! We had an issue with the bathroom door and we were promptly moved to a new room. The room was very comfortable, we had a teen with us and the separate sleeper sofa area was perfect! Nice amenities, great bed and bedding, very adequate breakfast, friendly and helpful staff. No complaints!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 8, 2013

I have had the opportunity of staying at this hotel many times during the last several months. I am there on Saturday night, and both of the Saturday evening hosts--Cliff and Thomas--and the usual Sunday morning hostess--Juanita--are models for what front desk personnel at every hotel should be. Obviously, I am a "regular," but very early on they began to call me by my name, the guys on Saturday evening always have my paperwork ready to sign and always ask if everything is okay when I am in the lobby, and, Juanita is always a cheerful voice on Sunday morning.

The suites are very spacious--much more so than even other Comfort Suites and much more so than similar "one room suites" of other chains.

The only two problems have been relatively small--they have changed their cable TV service more than once, and there has been no channel listing in their guide (although I expect that will be remedied soon). And, to their credit, they seem to be very accommodating for weekend groups. Thankfully, there has never really been a significant noise problem, but it does cause some challenges with the Sunday morning breakfast. The posted start time is 7:00 a.m. on Sunday, but there are always quite a few people there already.

The breakfast is not incredible, but it is typical of this sort of establishment, and much appreciated.

This is a much better option than many other NE Tarrant County hotels because of the easy access to I-820, and it is just across the highway from a large mall and many other shops and restaurants.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the rooms that end with "10"--i.e., 210, 310 or 410...they are a bit larger even
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 28, 2013

As a Choice Hotel Elite traveler, I do not often have the kind of check-in and check-out experience that I encountered when I recently stayed at this Comfort Suites property.

During Memorial Day Weekend, I booked two rooms for one night to attend the Taylor Swift concert in Arlington. I always pay cash for rooms but hold the rooms with a major credit card. I have learned that if I don't pay cash while checking in, many hotels will automatically run my credit card for faster check out. However, the front desk clerk advised me that I was NOT PERMITTED to pay by cash because the owner/GM was concerned that I would steal the TV off the wall or otherwise vandalize the property. The front desk clerk also advised me that this property was "not like other Comfort Suites" and made it clear that cash-paying guests were scrutinized very carefully. The clerk had to call the GM TWICE to receive approval for me to pay cash. This was seriously the most bizarre and most difficult check-in experience I have EVER encountered at a Choice Hotel property. By the time we got to our rooms, I was stressed out and we were running late to the event.

I was told that I could ONLY pay cash in the morning when we checked out of the room. Fine. When I tried to get a receipt, the front desk clerk told me that "her system was running slow" and tried two computers to no avail to print a receipt for me.

As of this morning, it appears my credit card was charged for both of the rooms. Awesome.

I can say with confidence that we did not vandalize the property nor did we steal any TVs. I can also boldly say that we will never stay at this Choice Hotel property ever again. Like ever.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank txfam-MEXICO
G M, Manager at Comfort Suites Near Northeast Mall, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Thank you for your comments.

I apologize about your check in process but we do not accept cash at check in and this is advertised on our website and other marketing material. Apart from security, there are a number of other issues related to handling large transactions by cash and most hotels are implementing such a policy.

Your comment suggests that in addition to the cash you paid, your credit card was charged. Can you please email me your contact details so we may investigate this promptly. My email is gm.txb72@choicehotels.com

Thank you.