“Amazing accessible rooms”

Comfort Suites Near Northeast Mall
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Richland Hills
“Amazing accessible rooms”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012 via mobile

Getting a wheelchair accessible room is always a gamble. Some are great, while others think a few grabbars are enough.

This room is the best that I have ever stayed in. The room itself is very spacious with plenty of room to maneuver in. The clothes rack was lower and easy to reach, the dresser drawers were feather light to open. The desk was the perfect height.

But the bathroom was the best of all. Lots and lots of room to maneuver the chair in, with space free next to the toilet and in front of the tub. There was more than enough room for two and a wheelchair without banging your shins.

The only drawback was that there was no shower chair or flip down seat. Luckily, we travel with ours.

The staff was very friendly and outgoing, and the breakfast was hearty and filling.

• Stayed November 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
TENNEESSEE
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012

This is a new hotel. Clean and well run. Shuttle service is a nice plus as you would be on the other side of a highway from the mall. Since we like to sight see, we rented a car. We used Enterprise and left the car at the airport on our way home.

Room Tip: Rooms are quiet given the proximity of the highway.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

Stayed here for one night to attend a game at nearby Cowboys Stadium. We found the hotel to be excellent and found no issues with the hotel itself. It appears to be almost new and everything was immaculate. The lobby is very upscale and the staff were all friendly. There is a snack pantry that includes popcorn, ice cream, microwaveable dinners, etc if you are in need of something quick.

There are four floors, interior corridors with a reasonable quick elevator. The rooms are new with very nice furnishings and comfy bedding. Our room had a seperate sitting area with fold-out sofa. The room had a fridge/micro, flat screen TV, granite in bathroom, etc. No apparant maintenance needs and we had no noise issues.

There is a very nice indoor pool and hot tub. Breakfast in the morning was very good and included sausage/eggs and waffle maker. Everything was well-maintained and clean.

The area around the hotel includes the North Mall with plenty of shopping just a couple of blocks away. There are also several dining options, although I would not call them "walkable". The only negative I noted was the awkward access to the hotel. It is kind of hidden behind a fitness center and is addressed to the "loop" (interstate), so it can be difficult to find on first arrival. Enter "Hurst, Tx" instead of "Richland Hills, Tx" into your GPS for starters...you'll at least be able to see your target when it gets you close.

Overall, a very good experience. A great value and only 10 mins or so (w/out traffic) to the cowboys stadium/Texas Rangers/Six Flags. Assuming the rates are competitive, I would stay here again.

Room Tip: GPS will not recognize this address as "Richland Hills". Use "Hurst, TX" instea...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
CL SK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

We just returned from a 4 day stay here It was great!!! The staff was unbelievable, the service was awesome. Right across the street from an awesome mall and lots of good restaurants all around. Rooms were very nice, breakfast was hot and lots of food. Front desk staff and Norma were exception customer service representatives. Would stay here in a heart beat.

Can't comment on the safety of the area, taxied everywhere.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2012 via mobile

The actual address for this comfort suites 701 me loop 820 Hurst, Texas. Had a difficult time using the gps from the hotel. Very nice accommodations and a friendly staff. This hotel has an inside pool with hot tub and offers a good breakfast.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2012

My husband and I have four children, ages 15, 10, 3, and 1; when traveling as a family we always try to stay in some type of "suite" for the extra space. This Comfort Inn was a mistake.

Let me simply list my complaints:

1. When the pull out couch is opened up there is less than a foot between the bed and desk. To top it off, the desk has curved feet and my husband stubbed his toes nearly everytime he walked by it. To get from the bedroom to the bathroom, we had to walk past the pull out.

2. There were crickets and ants in the room.

3. My biggest complaint was the noise. We could hear every step someone took above us. I live in a 100 year old house so I'm used to squeaky floors, but this was ridiculous noise. It kept me up at night. Oh, and the weedeating at 7:30 A.M. was unwelcome.

• Stayed August 2012
G M, General Manager at Comfort Suites Near Northeast Mall, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
I am sorry to hear about your experience. We do have the property serviced by a professional pest control company and we rarely have any issues as described by you.

We are sorry about the noise issues. Whilst we are not 100% sound proof, we would have taken steps to stop any noise from sources outside your room.
Oklahoma
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2012

I reserved three rooms for two nights each in March. There were two families with small children, plus one set of grandparents. While booking over the phone, I specifically asked if we could have two of the rooms adjoining, and the other close by. She assured me that they would be able to accommodate that request. Upon arrival, I was immediately dissatisfied with check-in. There was one person at the front desk taking care of all phone calls, reservations, shuttle bus airport pick ups, and arriving customers. When it was finally my turn, she told me that the rooms were probably on the same floor, but definitely not adjoining. I told her about my request and she said they could not promise anything upon booking. I told her that someone did. During this entire ordeal, she was answering phones and the line behind me was backing up. I honestly heard her say "I'm sorry" to at least 5 customers while I was standing there. Most of them were related to the shuttle service. A gentleman who had just checked in moments before us had actually been assigned a room that was one of the two adjoining rooms. He came back down to the desk for some reason and she actually asked him if he would mind leaving his room so we could have it. I guess she was trying to accommodate us, but this was completely unprofessional and made everyone in my party very uncomfortable. He said ok, and went and moved his stuff out of the room. Then she gave us the key and we went to it without even knowing what he may have already used in it. If we didn't have 5 children under the age of 6 with us who were exhausted and hungry, I would have left this hotel as quickly as I could have.
To make a miserable hotel stay even more miserable, the fire alarm went off during the middle of the night and one family in our party was in an accessible room, so not only was the sound deafening, but there were bright flashing lights in their room as well. Someone was banging on the doors and we had to go out into the hall to see if we needed to evacuate. Of course, there was no emergency. We now had two babies, one toddler, and two small children awake and terrified. What a nightmare!
I am consistently disappointed with this chain of hotels. I have tried three different ones in the last 10 months and will not return to any of them. Holiday Inn Express is always less expensive, nicer, and cleaner.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
G M, Manager at Comfort Suites Near Northeast Mall, responded to this review, July 26, 2012
I am extremely sorry to hear about your experience here. I can assure you this is extremely rare and we go out of our way to provide great service, value and experience. Please accept our apologies.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richland Hills
Hyatt Place Fort Worth/Hurst
Hampton Inn & Suites Dallas-DFW ARPT W-SH 183 Hurst
Holiday Inn Hotel Express & Suites West Hurst
Travelodge North Richland Hills/Dallas/Fort Worth
Travelodge North Richland Hills/...
#2 of 6 in North Richland Hills

Been to Comfort Suites Near Northeast Mall? Share your experiences!