“Had a great stay”

Comfort Suites Near Northeast Mall
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Richland Hills
Reviewed September 3, 2012

We just returned from a 4 day stay here It was great!!! The staff was unbelievable, the service was awesome. Right across the street from an awesome mall and lots of good restaurants all around. Rooms were very nice, breakfast was hot and lots of food. Front desk staff and Norma were exception customer service representatives. Would stay here in a heart beat.

Can't comment on the safety of the area, taxied everywhere.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed September 1, 2012

The actual address for this comfort suites 701 me loop 820 Hurst, Texas. Had a difficult time using the gps from the hotel. Very nice accommodations and a friendly staff. This hotel has an inside pool with hot tub and offers a good breakfast.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 4, 2012

My husband and I have four children, ages 15, 10, 3, and 1; when traveling as a family we always try to stay in some type of "suite" for the extra space. This Comfort Inn was a mistake.

Let me simply list my complaints:

1. When the pull out couch is opened up there is less than a foot between the bed and desk. To top it off, the desk has curved feet and my husband stubbed his toes nearly everytime he walked by it. To get from the bedroom to the bathroom, we had to walk past the pull out.

2. There were crickets and ants in the room.

3. My biggest complaint was the noise. We could hear every step someone took above us. I live in a 100 year old house so I'm used to squeaky floors, but this was ridiculous noise. It kept me up at night. Oh, and the weedeating at 7:30 A.M. was unwelcome.

• Stayed: August 2012
G M, General Manager at Comfort Suites Near Northeast Mall, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2012

I am sorry to hear about your experience. We do have the property serviced by a professional pest control company and we rarely have any issues as described by you.

We are sorry about the noise issues. Whilst we are not 100% sound proof, we would have taken steps to stop any noise from sources outside your room.

Reviewed July 22, 2012

I reserved three rooms for two nights each in March. There were two families with small children, plus one set of grandparents. While booking over the phone, I specifically asked if we could have two of the rooms adjoining, and the other close by. She assured me that they would be able to accommodate that request. Upon arrival, I was immediately dissatisfied with check-in. There was one person at the front desk taking care of all phone calls, reservations, shuttle bus airport pick ups, and arriving customers. When it was finally my turn, she told me that the rooms were probably on the same floor, but definitely not adjoining. I told her about my request and she said they could not promise anything upon booking. I told her that someone did. During this entire ordeal, she was answering phones and the line behind me was backing up. I honestly heard her say "I'm sorry" to at least 5 customers while I was standing there. Most of them were related to the shuttle service. A gentleman who had just checked in moments before us had actually been assigned a room that was one of the two adjoining rooms. He came back down to the desk for some reason and she actually asked him if he would mind leaving his room so we could have it. I guess she was trying to accommodate us, but this was completely unprofessional and made everyone in my party very uncomfortable. He said ok, and went and moved his stuff out of the room. Then she gave us the key and we went to it without even knowing what he may have already used in it. If we didn't have 5 children under the age of 6 with us who were exhausted and hungry, I would have left this hotel as quickly as I could have.
To make a miserable hotel stay even more miserable, the fire alarm went off during the middle of the night and one family in our party was in an accessible room, so not only was the sound deafening, but there were bright flashing lights in their room as well. Someone was banging on the doors and we had to go out into the hall to see if we needed to evacuate. Of course, there was no emergency. We now had two babies, one toddler, and two small children awake and terrified. What a nightmare!
I am consistently disappointed with this chain of hotels. I have tried three different ones in the last 10 months and will not return to any of them. Holiday Inn Express is always less expensive, nicer, and cleaner.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
G M, Manager at Comfort Suites Near Northeast Mall, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2012

I am extremely sorry to hear about your experience here. I can assure you this is extremely rare and we go out of our way to provide great service, value and experience. Please accept our apologies.

Reviewed June 26, 2012

We were a family of four adults attending a wedding the end of May. Everything about this motel was excellent. The staff, service, cleanliness of the rooms, breakfast and breakfast/ lounge area seating were all great. Even though we were four adults in one room we didn't feel cramped. The couch for extra seating was nice in the rooms. It also had a frig, coffee maker, microwave, flat screen tv, ironing board and iron.The bathrooms were roomy and clean. Oh, and we all slept well. The beds were very comfortable.
It is also very close to a mall and several restaurants. All in all, we would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 5, 2012

I found this hotel online while searching for a place to stay for the weekend while we attended an event at Cowboys Stadium. It was a much better deal than the location in Arlington. The hotel has a beautiful, modern decor. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The suite was large and comfortable with a good bed. I thought the breakfast was a little sparse, but it was better than a lot of places. From this location, you can easily get to the attractions in Arlington without getting on the freeways. Also, there is a large mall about a block away if you like to shop. It was a great choice for our stay!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank marshaw446
Reviewed April 16, 2012

Needed a decent place to stay for the races, very nice staff was very nice. Rooms are fairly large beds comfy, bathroom nice and big and clean great buy for the money.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richland Hills
La Quinta Inn & Suites Fort Worth NE Mall
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#1 of 6 in North Richland Hills
Holiday Inn Hotel Express & Suites West Hurst
Hyatt Place Fort Worth/Hurst

Been to Comfort Suites Near Northeast Mall? Share your experiences!