“Terrible stay”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Richland Hills
Oklahoma
“Terrible stay”
Reviewed July 22, 2012

I reserved three rooms for two nights each in March. There were two families with small children, plus one set of grandparents. While booking over the phone, I specifically asked if we could have two of the rooms adjoining, and the other close by. She assured me that they would be able to accommodate that request. Upon arrival, I was immediately dissatisfied with check-in. There was one person at the front desk taking care of all phone calls, reservations, shuttle bus airport pick ups, and arriving customers. When it was finally my turn, she told me that the rooms were probably on the same floor, but definitely not adjoining. I told her about my request and she said they could not promise anything upon booking. I told her that someone did. During this entire ordeal, she was answering phones and the line behind me was backing up. I honestly heard her say "I'm sorry" to at least 5 customers while I was standing there. Most of them were related to the shuttle service. A gentleman who had just checked in moments before us had actually been assigned a room that was one of the two adjoining rooms. He came back down to the desk for some reason and she actually asked him if he would mind leaving his room so we could have it. I guess she was trying to accommodate us, but this was completely unprofessional and made everyone in my party very uncomfortable. He said ok, and went and moved his stuff out of the room. Then she gave us the key and we went to it without even knowing what he may have already used in it. If we didn't have 5 children under the age of 6 with us who were exhausted and hungry, I would have left this hotel as quickly as I could have.
To make a miserable hotel stay even more miserable, the fire alarm went off during the middle of the night and one family in our party was in an accessible room, so not only was the sound deafening, but there were bright flashing lights in their room as well. Someone was banging on the doors and we had to go out into the hall to see if we needed to evacuate. Of course, there was no emergency. We now had two babies, one toddler, and two small children awake and terrified. What a nightmare!
I am consistently disappointed with this chain of hotels. I have tried three different ones in the last 10 months and will not return to any of them. Holiday Inn Express is always less expensive, nicer, and cleaner.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
G M, Manager at Comfort Suites Near Northeast Mall, responded to this review, July 26, 2012
I am extremely sorry to hear about your experience here. I can assure you this is extremely rare and we go out of our way to provide great service, value and experience. Please accept our apologies.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed June 26, 2012

We were a family of four adults attending a wedding the end of May. Everything about this motel was excellent. The staff, service, cleanliness of the rooms, breakfast and breakfast/ lounge area seating were all great. Even though we were four adults in one room we didn't feel cramped. The couch for extra seating was nice in the rooms. It also had a frig, coffee maker, microwave, flat screen tv, ironing board and iron.The bathrooms were roomy and clean. Oh, and we all slept well. The beds were very comfortable.
It is also very close to a mall and several restaurants. All in all, we would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 5, 2012

I found this hotel online while searching for a place to stay for the weekend while we attended an event at Cowboys Stadium. It was a much better deal than the location in Arlington. The hotel has a beautiful, modern decor. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The suite was large and comfortable with a good bed. I thought the breakfast was a little sparse, but it was better than a lot of places. From this location, you can easily get to the attractions in Arlington without getting on the freeways. Also, there is a large mall about a block away if you like to shop. It was a great choice for our stay!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank marshaw446
newton
Reviewed April 16, 2012

Needed a decent place to stay for the races, very nice staff was very nice. Rooms are fairly large beds comfy, bathroom nice and big and clean great buy for the money.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
St. George, Utah
Reviewed December 17, 2011

Beautiful contemporary loby, open air upscale design and excellent service. Best Comfort Suites we have ever stayed in. The floating front desk, open sitting area and open breakfast area make this feel like a 4 star hotel. The modern art and light fixtures are great. Our suite was fantastic. The breakfast was wonderful and the manager's reception with free food and drink, an unexpected treat. The location is great because it is near everything but sits back off the highway away from traffic noise. We will stay here again when visiting family in Texas.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank pinlow
Midwest
Reviewed October 25, 2011

Stayed three nights at the Comfort Suites near Fort Worth for a church convention in mid-October with my spouse. We received a great rate which made the stay a bargain. The comfort suites is a nice property - nothing fancy but the hotel is fairly new and is in good condition. The room was in good condition and included a couch. Staff at the front desk "kiosks" were friendly and helpful. The hotel offers a nice free breakfast and snacks in the afternoon. The lobby is small but tastefully decorated.

One comment on the snacks in the lobby in the afternoon. It was a nice touch but they only offered wine or beer for free. I don't drink alcohol and had to pay for a soft drink. Offer free soft drinks as well.

I would actually compare the quality of this propery to a Hilton Garden Inn - not quite as nice but almost. It is certainly a much better value at about ~$50 less/night than recent stays at Garden Inns.

One negative is that the hotel only has one elevator - for its size it probably needs two to reduce the wait time. One other negative - it is located in an odd spot near the highway and to get back to the mall you have to take back roads and the highway going south is not easily accessible because the on-ramp is just before the property's entrance-so you have to travel the access road to the next exit.

Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bjandljtravels
Springfield, Illinois
Reviewed October 22, 2011

I recently spent three nights at this hotel and would make the following observations:

If you are part of a larger group check in, forget it. They use 2 stations to check in guests and wnen I wanted to check in one was not staffed. It took FOREVER!!!

Breakfast is advertised to be ready at 6:30, but is never completely available until 6:45. Do not count on a complete breakfast at 6:30.

Also there seemed to be a lack of knowledge regarding the local area. I drew blank stares when asking for directions and later established the location was in close proximity to the hotel and should have been known.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Hyatt Place Fort Worth/Hurst
Hampton Inn & Suites Dallas-DFW ARPT W-SH 183 Hurst
Holiday Inn Hotel Express & Suites West Hurst
Travelodge North Richland Hills/Dallas/Fort Worth
Travelodge North Richland Hills/...
#2 of 6 in North Richland Hills

Been to Comfort Suites Near Northeast Mall? Share your experiences!