DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Dallas - Richardson
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Richardson
Royal Palm Beach, United States
“Bed Bugs”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

11:30 pm Second night at the hotel, my wife found a bed bug, we went to lobby and show it to front desk person... no comments, just move us to another room... I was expected at least a call from Manager....

1 Thank Jose C
Brenda W, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Dallas - Richardson, responded to this review, May 31, 2014
Please accept our apologies for your inconvenience. Tthat should never happen as we have a contracted exterminator service that checks the rooms on a regular basis. I do not know if the late night Desk Agent left the General Manager a note but I will share this information with him.
If in the area again, I do hope you will give us another chance to serve your hotel needs.
Brenda

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Out of all the hotels in the Central/Campbell area this is the best value and best location. Friendly staff, reasonable good restaurant, clean rooms. No free Wifi which I expect as a business traveler. Reasonable Gym with new equipment, and a outside pool. There is a Starbuck next door, and a Potbelly's sandwich, and Burger King in adjoining parking lots and many other restaurants across Campbell road that are in walking distance, ie Zoe's Kitchen is a favorite. Good for business and family stays.

Room Tip: North side faces Plano, south side faces Richardson, no other options.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
We appreciate you choosing to stay with the DoubleTree Richardson and also for taking the time to give such great feedback, to help us continue serving our guests with quality service. I am sorry the cost of the WiFi was an inconvenience but we upgraded the system and added more hubs so it became necessary to charge but we kept it at a discounted rate. I do hope you will choose to stay with us again, the next time you are in the area.
dallas, United States
Reviewed May 24, 2014

nice place, enjoyed the shuttle, only issue, this is an older property needing updates. also, great pool and business office with printer. Small bathrooms, limited cable tv channels. needs to prevent taxi from blocking customer from coming and going to the hotel. big parking lot,

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Brenda W, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Dallas - Richardson, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Thank you for choosing the DoubleTree Richardson and taking the time to give us your feedback so we can better serve our guests in the future. Our Owners are continually upgrading many areas of the hotel for your comfort. We just replaced all of the mattresses in the rooms, lobby furniture, carpeting and will continue to invest in the hotel to better serve our guests needs. I will make sure I let the General Manager know your feedback on the television stations. Taxis are not suppose to block the Drive in front of the hotel and I apologize for this inconvenience.
Carrollton, United States
Reviewed May 16, 2014

The hotel is nice, well kept and very clean! Excellent customer service from the staff. I personally recommend trying their chicken fried chicken or brisket tacos they were delicious. The Doubletree just recently replaced the sleep number beds with Sweet Dream beds and that was a fabulous choice!!.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed May 13, 2014

this was stop #1 on a very, very busy trip that would take me to Dallas and Houston. The staff at the DoubleTree was exceptional, courteous and knowledgable. Every amenity of the hotel was immaculate. this is a wonderful place to stay when visiting Dallas and is very convenient to all parts of the city.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your great comments on the hotel. I will be sure we share your comments with all the Associates as it is very important to them to meet our guests' expectations. We look forward to having you back again in the future.
Houston, United States
Reviewed May 8, 2014

The hotel is lovely, the staff was great, the room was very clean and nice. Bathroom and tub were a little small. And no fridge in the room. I was very disappointed that it doesn't offer free wifi and free continental breakfast for guests. I was lucky enough to bring my laptop and a cat5 cable to hook into the wall plug. that way I was able to get internet but if its free through the wall plug the wifi should be free as well. If you don't care about these things then you couldn't pick a nicer hotel to stay at for the price. But I feel certain competitors have hotels just as nice for the same price and have all of the mentioned amenities so I would not recommend staying here.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for staying with us and for your feedback. Your feedback helps us to better serve our guests. Most full service hotels do not provide Internet complimentary or a Continental Breakfast.
We have made sure our Internet is discounted as well as the full breakfast buffet, to be convenient for our guests. I do hope you will stay with us in the future and I appreciate you letting us know the stafff was great.
United States
Reviewed May 6, 2014

We booked an "Executive Level" Room for 1 night. I have no major complaints, except for the fact that during our stay, the "Executive Level" Lounge was never open. That should have been revealed at the time of booking!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for staying. I apologize that you were disappointed that the Concierge Lounge was closed. The Concierge Lounge is closed on the Weekends but the upgrade is for the key access floors. I hope you will stay with us again and once again I do apologize that you were disappointed in the weekend closure of the Concierge Lounge.