“I was overwhelmed by lack of care and concern for their customers”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Dallas - Richardson
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Richardson
Dallas, Texas
“I was overwhelmed by lack of care and concern for their customers”
Reviewed December 16, 2013

During the recent ice storm December 6th in Dallas Texas we were forced to find alternative shelter since our power was out. Being a long time (Gold Level) HHonors member I chose this property. The property was sold out due to the weather so I know demands were placed on the property that do not normaly happen. The restaurant hostess was surly and angry that I asked for two cups of decaf coffee to take back to the bar for Bailey's Irish Cream. She said she would make a fresh pot and bring it to us while we waited. She never came back. As we left the bar to return our room, I asked the front desk clerk about the operation of the bed controls since ours were not working. He said, "call us and let us know the issue." I am standing in front of him at the desk asking about a problem and he wanted me to call him and tell him about the problem. Unbelievable!!! The next moring I asked the front desk to change a $20 bill. They did not have any change (again unbelivable) but go and ask the gift shop. The gift shop said i needed to buy something in order to get change.
I don't understand why the staff was so unprepared for this weather condition. OK, a large crowd can be demanding but to have the attitude and lack of customer service is beyond the pale. I can not recommed this property.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Brenda W, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Dallas - Richardson, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Please first let me apologize for any poor service issues you experienced during your stay with us. There is never an excuse for having anything less than the highest quality service for each one of our guest. I have met with the General Manager and he will meet with each Department Head to discuss the issues and to make sure people are reminded how to respond to the guest. Each issue will be addressed individually and I hope you will give us another opportunity to serve your hotel needs in the future. Due to the storm we had many employees who were without power or could not get in to work, as well, and normally it is very slow during these times. This is not an excuse but I am agreeing that with all the power outages we should have been better prepared. Once again thank you for staying with us and I do apologize for your challenges during the stay.
Brenda

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Dallas, United States
Reviewed December 16, 2013

This trip was very nice. I received upgrade with 3 breakfeast coupons and moved to hilton king honors floor. It was an enjoyable stay. vs. the last time I stayed at the same hotel in october. I will continue to book at this hotel when traveling on business.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Brenda W, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Dallas - Richardson, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
It was great hearing you had a good trip the last time you stayed with us. We are very lucky to have such a great staff that takes good care of our guest. I hope we will see you back in the near future.
Reviewed December 13, 2013

Decided to stay at the Doubletree as a result of being without power for 4 days during the ice storm that hit Dallas 12-6-2013. Received excellent care though the hotel was experiencing the same problems as all of Dallas, people could not get to work. They did a wonderful job tring to accommodate. Would definate recommend this hotel. They really really go out of their way.

Richardson, United States
Reviewed December 12, 2013

We lost our electricity during our recent ice storm and the Double Tree was most helpful to us during our time in need. We had to extend our stay several nights and each day they were flexible with us while we went to our house to see if electricity had been restored and then let us stay another night. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

Auxvasse
Reviewed December 12, 2013

It was snowing, ice on the roads and just plain nasty and dangerous conditions. We had no intentions on stopping but the weather decided for us. We could not have asked for a better reception and welcome then the way Mosies and Yvette treated me and my large family. The cookies were warm, the room was excellent and the breakfast was yummy.

Reviewed December 11, 2013

I had to stay at this hotel due to the ice storm that came thru. We lost power and it was in the teens at night.
My decision was based primarily on price first and then reviews.
The Holiday Inn, literally within walking distance from this Double Tree was about twice the price. Judging from the pictures and reviews it's definitely not a better hotel.
The room was comfortable; standard layout - desk, floor to ceiling windows, nice bathroom. My only complaint is the walls are thin.

I just want to thank the Double Tree for not price gouging the locals that had to stay somewhere else due to the extensive power outage.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for noticing that we adjusted our rates to assist area residents in need and persons caught on the road in the storm. We made the changes early Friday morning and hoped it would help people, as many homes were without electricity. Hilton later sent out an e-mail to all of us asking that we be sensitive to persons with challenges from the storm. It was great having our company support this attitude. We appreciate your business and hope you will have another opportunity in a better situation to use our hotel again.
United States
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Most of my time was spent working, so I did not pay too much attention to the amenities. The title says it all, friendly staff, quiet and clean room, excellent breakfast! What else could any reasonable person want.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for staying with us for work and we appreciate you positive comments, which we have shared with the other departments and their staff. We hope you will have an opportuity to stay with us in the future.