“Top-notch Hilton Property!”

Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Richardson
Los Angeles, California
“Top-notch Hilton Property!”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

I'm a Hilton Honors loyalty program member and have stayed at many Hilton locations across the US and have got to say that this is one of my new favorite hotels. I was greeted with free ice cold beer immediately as I entered the lobby to check-in. They were handing out free bottled beers to all guests as part of their happy hour promotion. My mood quickly turned around after a long day of travel and work! I checked in (and devoured the signature DT cookies which were fresh and warm) and headed up to my room on the executive floor where a plate of strawberries and brownies were waiting for me. That was such a nice touch since I love sweets! The executive floor lounge also had a happy hour reception going on where they had a great spread of snacks and crudites including this delicious shrimp appetizer that I just went to town on. With a free drink ticket from check-in, I was happy as a clam! I'm so glad to see that Hilton is stepping it up and making efforts to reward and retain their loyal customers.

My room was clean and comfortable, absolutely no complaints! Keep up the good work!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Brenda W, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Dallas - Richardson, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Thank you for your great comments. It is so nice when people notice we are trying to do extra benefits to make their stay a pleasant one. We try to recognize all of our guest but with Hilton Honors we are able to do even a little extra to say "Welcome". We look forward to having you back in the near future.
Brenda

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Naperville
Reviewed June 1, 2013

I stayed at this hotel during Memorial Day weekend. I agree with the previous reviewer re: check-in. Nice guy but he was the only guy working the front desk...during a holiday!

Next: the rooms were outdated and not well kept. There were stains on the bed skirt and on the carpet. I was afraid to remove my socks...and so I didn't! The whole hotel smelled damp and musty. I was so disappointed since this hotel is within the Hilton hotel group.

The rooms as well as the hotel could use an update. The staff was friendly to be fair. But this facility was an embarrassment.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Brenda W, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Dallas - Richardson, responded to this review, June 2, 2013
I apologize you had a bad experience during your stay. The Management Team has been advised of your comments so they can take corrective action. Thank you for letting us know of your challenges as we strive for quality service and accommodations.
New Delhi
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Good rooms and infrastucture, but very poor quality of front desk staff who were exremely inefficient in addressing problems.Carpet was not vacuumed unless specifically told to housekeeping. Had some issues with the cooling and heating system.Noise carried to adjoining rooms affecting sleep quality. Quite a few eating places close by.Free hotel shuttle which takes you within a 5 mile distance. Good executive lounge with exceptional service there

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

I apologize for your poor experience with the Front Desk. The Front Desk Manager has been advised of your comments and will address them with the staff. I am glad you enjoyed your room and the other benefits we provide. The great location is a plus with all of the Restaurants and other venues nearby, particuliarly with an extended stay, such as yours. Thank you for your comments and we hope we will get another opportunity to serve your hotel needs in the future.
Seguin, Texas
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Very friendly and accommodating. Restaurants near by as well as hotel amenities. Would stay here again. Only disadvantage is that it's on the frontage road and a busy road. Other than that, I liked my stay/

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Brenda W, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Dallas - Richardson, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on the DoubleTree by Hilton Dallas-Richardson.
I will share your positive comments wtih our staff. I am glad you enjoyed our spacious guest rooms and other amenities. We look forward to having you stay with us again.
Owasso, United States
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Great friendly attentive staff. Enjoyed the reception at happy hour. Definitely would stay here again whenever I'm in Dallas. Rooms were quiet and clean, and was centrally located with easy access on and off Central Expressway.

TX
Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

This was our first stay at a Doubletree Inn using Hilton Honors. I have been impressed from the start. front desk staff very friendly. We were upgraded to the executive floors without even asking. Room had two double beds and had plenty of room for my family. Upon entering the room a nice floral smell greeted us along with the cleanliness of the room. With my son going to UTD this fall, I will no doubt be spending many nights and points in the future. This will be my new go to hotel when visiting my son at UTD. Would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

Stayed May 2013
Brenda W, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Dallas - Richardson, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to critique the DoubleTree by Hilton Dallas-Richardson on Trip Advisor. This helps us to us to reach for our goal of providing the highest quality of service. I will pass on the positive comments to the Front Desk and Housekeeping. UTD is a great school and we look forward to seeing you often wen you visit you son.
Lubbock, Texas
Reviewed May 21, 2013

I am a HHonors gold member and this is the FIRST Hilton I have ever stayed at that actually upgraded the room that the Gold status enables you to get. Every other Hilton Property I have stayed at gives you the run around and says they have no upgrades available when you can see on their website that they are. The Doubletree Richardson had me upgraded before I even arrived. A+ plus service and a very caring staff. Had an issue with a sleep number bed that was resolved promptly and professionally. I will definitely be back. I have already booked another stay in June. I highly recommend.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple