“Great 4 Day Stay”

Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Richardson
Lubbock, Texas
“Great 4 Day Stay”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

I am a HHonors gold member and this is the FIRST Hilton I have ever stayed at that actually upgraded the room that the Gold status enables you to get. Every other Hilton Property I have stayed at gives you the run around and says they have no upgrades available when you can see on their website that they are. The Doubletree Richardson had me upgraded before I even arrived. A+ plus service and a very caring staff. Had an issue with a sleep number bed that was resolved promptly and professionally. I will definitely be back. I have already booked another stay in June. I highly recommend.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed May 21, 2013

I stayed at this hotel due to it's location. I was attending the Wildflower Music Festival. The hotel is less than a mile to the venue. First off our room never did cool off. I complained to hotel staff who assured me they would fix it. On our first morning we noticed coolant leaking out of the from the ceiling onto the floor. The breakfast buffet was akward and unorganized. The bathroom was well stocked but tiny. Getting on an elevator we noticed something sticky on the floor, we returned 2 hours later and it was still there! Staff was friendly but appears unresponsive. Next year I'll stay else where.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Brenda W, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Dallas - Richardson, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
We're sorry we didn't provide the high quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we have addressed the issues you mentioned. We try to make each guest experience a great one at our hotel and your satisfaction is important to us. Thank you for your feedback and we hope you'll give us another opportunity to have you stay with us, in the future. We will make your stay the best it can be.
Houston, United States
Reviewed May 16, 2013

I stayed here for a weekend stay. I got a great deal for a very reasonable price. The hotel is clean and for those who have access to the concierge level, it's offered only Monday thru Friday, but they give you vouchers to the restaurant for breakfast on the weekends. The breakfast buffet is definitely not anything fancy or anything I'd pay money for, but at least they offered it to me. The parking is free which is nice considering that most other hotels charge a parking fee but there is no valet service or bell service. Overall, it was a very nice hotel for the money I spent and I would stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Brenda W, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Dallas - Richardson, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Thank you for your comments on tripadvisor. We utilize this information to see what we are doing right and to see where we can enhance our current services. I will get with the Restaurant on the feedback for the breakfast buffet. We appreciate your business and look forward to having you stay with us again.
Lubbock, United States
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Everything was extroadinary. Great staff and hotel. Breakfast was very nice and nice surroundings. Did not swim but the area was nice and clean. The lobby was beautiful. Housekeeping kept my clean and friendly people. Overall everything was extraoadinary and do plan to go back in June for a wedding and stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

On behalf of the hotel we would like to thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to place a review on tripadvisor. It is great to hear you enjoyed the benefits and service of the hotel. We feel we have a very friendly staff that cares about the customer. Thank you for confirming that and we look forward to having you back.
Aubrey, Texas
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Disappointed in breakfast. No menu items were offered, only buffet. Buffet choices were not that great. Found silverfish in the bathroom. Very low shower water pressure. Staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

We appreciate your business and the positive comments about out staff. I have spoken to the Restaurant Manager and Housekeeping to address your other comments and make sure we are always improving in all areas. It is very unusual to have low water pressure so I have talked to Engineering about your experience. I hope you will give us another chance to serve your hotel needs.
West Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

Had corporate meeting at the Double Tree which is a full amenities hotel and had a very attractive room rate. Rooms were comfortable and clean. Had complimentary breakfast as well as full bar & happy hour. Service was friendly and attentive. Would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013
Brenda W, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Dallas - Richardson, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor. We appreciate you utilizing this great website to talk about the hotel, amenities and how you enjoyed your stay. I hope we will see you again in the near future.
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed May 2, 2013

More or less a nice place to stay. Like the welcome drink in the evening after coming back from office and free breakfast. I told them to keep water bottles in the room as they were not keeping it earlier..and they are doing it religiously without me telling them second time.

Wish they had windows in the rooms and more vegetarian choice in breakfast..but no big complaints as such.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Brenda W, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Dallas - Richardson, responded to this review, May 5, 2013
Thank you for your review. It gives us an opportunity to see the services through your eyes. I assume when you talk about the water and no windows, you are addressing meeting space as all of our guest rooms have large windows. Your suggestion that we add vegetarian selections to the breakfast is a very good one and I will make sure the Chef and Restaurant Manager have this information so they can possibly make that part of the morning meal. We appreciate your business and hope to see you back.