“DoubleTree does it right”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Dallas - Richardson
Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Richardson
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Very reasonably priced and surprisingly empty hotel for a Friday and Saturday night stay. Rooms on executive floors are relatively roomy and were very quite. Our reservation included an excellent breakfast, the gym is substantial and the business center just fine.
About the only thing I regret about the last three Double Trees is that they all must have been built at the same time and are getting a bit dated. Evidence of water leakage in bath and around AC units and some pretty tired paint and wallpaper are common.
I can't say enough about the front desk staff, they couldn't have been more sincerly friendly.

Room Tip: Exec floors 12 and 11 maybe 10
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Brenda W, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Dallas - Richardson, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay with the DoubleTree by Hilton and for letting us know our Front Desk Agents were friendly and helpful. We have read all of your comments and will be paying special attention to any areas you had concerns about. As you noted the location is great and within walking distance of several restaurants, as you mentioned Starbucks. That is always a plus. Please let us know if you will be returning to the area, we would like to have you as our guest again.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

surprisingly upscale accommodations based on price versus similarly rated hotels in the area. great location with a starbucks right out the front door. service was great and staff was very attentive. travel here at least 4 times a year and never disappointed

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your positive comments and appreciation of the hotel and the Associates. Our Associates receive a lot of Service Training but I believe the fact that they are so friendly and helpful makes a lot of difference. DoubleTree has become a strong mid to upper level Brand within the Hilton Chain and it is great you enjoyed that experience. I hope you are taking advantage of the Hilton Honors Program. We hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

Overall week long stay was great. Room was clean and neat, bathroom was the same. Air mattress was great to try out and was pleased with the way it slept. Internet was easy to connect to but somewhat on the slow side...could surf internet but had difficulty working.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for allowing us to have you as our guest for a week. We are pleased that it was a positive experience. We did note your comment on the Internet being a little slow and we are in the process of addressing that. Your feedback helps us to address any such issues. You should be able to to experience the difference on your next visit.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

I stayed for a week this time. The rooms on 10,11,12 are very nice. Plenty of room to stretch out and a nice work chair with a good wifi connection. They have an ok pool in back and a great breakfast buffet in the morning for under $10.00. Starbucks across the lot and a great restaurant across the street. I'd recommend this hotel over the others closer to the telecom corridor. It's worth the five min drive to be comfortable.Nice reception for Honors members and hard to argue w warm cookies. I'll be back..

Room Tip: Executive floors if your Honors. 10,11,12
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Brenda W, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Dallas - Richardson, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Thank you for allowing us to serve your hotel needs for a week. We appreciate you sharing positive information on the hotel with Trip Advisor. I am glad you enjoyed our spacious rooms and the Breakfast. We hope to have you stay with us again, on your next visit to the Richardson area.
Sinerely,

Reviewed April 21, 2013

The staff was wonderful in simply getting me there. I kept calling because I did not set the correct street in my Gps. Greeting me with Grace and Plesentries once I arrived and showing me how to use thes New Executive Floow Entrance Keys.

The Hotel has a Wonderful Pressence, it was Clean, Warm, the Bartender was to Die For, and the Food was Absolutely Delicious. The lobby is cozy and the room was Gorgeous, Clean and the Bath Gel and products smelled Great and I was most impressed with the Shower Caps. Wi Fi Worked well and with a Speed I could apperciate.The Shower Cap covered my whole lil head. I am always upset that I have such a small head and my hair yet gets wet in the shower.....these Shower Caps are a keeper. [Smiling] Parking was Good and it is a NO Spoking Facility. Yes! For us Non Somkers. I really this hotel, the plesentries and all the amenities that came with it. <Smile>

Overall Grand Experience. Very Nice and I do plant to go again [Soon]. [Cheese]

Room Tip: Any room is Good, I personally like the Exectutive Suits (for extra Privacy, because you need a spec...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Brenda W, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Dallas - Richardson, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your business and it was great to hear you plan to return. It is always the goal for each of our Associates to provide the highest quality of service to our guests. By the way, the hotel bath amenities are from "Crabtree and Evelyn" and can be purchased from their stores or online for our guest that really like them.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

I flew into Dallas for a huge family gathering and arrived on Saturday 4/20 for a short stay. When I went to shower just before the party the hot water didn't work. They sent in a gentleman from engineerig and he worked on the faucet for awhile running the water in the tub continously. I didn't realize there was a slippery coat of water and no non-skid on the tub, When he left I went to step into the tub and had my feet went out from under me and I fell flat on by back in the tub. This scared me terribly but I was able to get up and didn't seem to break anything, I knew I would stiffin up later. When I came down stairs and advised the girl at the counter she seemed unconcerened never asking if I needed medical attention. I asked for an injury report to which I later filled out. Late that evening the bruises started showing up and the stiffening which I reported and showed to the girl on duty. In the morning I talked to the manager and he said he had a report written up on the incident - it was the one I wrote up. No-one ever followed up with me to see how I was or if they could do anything for me...would you stay at a place like this?

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank AL H

I want to first note our concern over your fall and your well being. It has been investigated at the hotel. The Security and Chairman of the Safety Committee was Manager on Duty for the weekend and I understand he and the Assistant General Manager had ask if you needed medical attention and at that time you did not feel you did. The hotel is always concerned about our guest and their Safety. We have procedures in place for such incidents and do follow those. The hotel has a high ranking with Hilton for Safety.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

Some may like the Sleep Number bed, but for me it was like sleeping on a glorified air mattress. It took me forever to get somewhat comfortable. During the night the bed lost all of its air in the air bladder. Good thing is was only for one night. Other than the bed situation the room was okay.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for letting us know that you had challenges wth the bed, in your room. We have very few of these beds left in the hotel and keep them due to customer request. I hope you will give us another opportunity to serve your hotel needs in the future. When making your reservation, request a room with the Hilton "Sweet Dreams" Bed to experience their comfort and relaxation. We appreciate your business and once again apologize for any inconvenience you experienced.