“Overnite business trip”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Dallas - Richardson
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Richardson
Reviewed March 22, 2013

This is my second time staying at this hotel and first review.
My company gets a discount so normally stay here when visiting office in the area.
This time was just an overnight

Checked in early and they had a room available, always like to drop off my stuff before going whereever if possible so at end of day can just go to room.

Room is big with King size bed, bathroom was a bit small but just me this trip so no big deal.
Bed was comfy

Got room service as busy day and was there in less that 30 minutes as promised.

Had breakfast card which was good start to day love they have omelet chef ready to take order.

One thing they could add to rooms is a USB charger which is at a Hampton I frequent, as nice to have phone charging next to bed for the alarm.

Will be back on next trip to office down here for sure.

Room Tip: I was on 11th floor which requires key card which was fine last time other floor didnt but was also...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Brenda W, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Dallas - Richardson, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Thank you for choosing the DoubleTree by Hilton Dallas/Richardson for your recent business trip. We are excited that you will be back to stay with us on your next trip to the area. Thank you for letting us know what we are doing right to accommodate our Business Travelers. I have passed the suggestion to have a USB charger in the rooms, to our General Manager, we appreciate your suggestion.

There are newer reviews for DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Dallas - Richardson

Reviewed March 11, 2013

Only two servers in restaurant and bar and one spoke limited English and the other spoke essentially no English. We were served because I speak Spanish. Everyone else in the restaurant walked out. Room service was fine, though. Called Housekeeping twice for extra pillows and they did not call back and did not send up pillows. Hotel was full of small cheerleaders and seemed overwhelmed.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Brenda W, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Dallas - Richardson, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2013

Thank you for staying with the DoubleTree by Hilton Dalla/Richardson and for taking the time to let us know any challenges you experienced. This will help us in providing quality service. I have passed the information on to our Management Team, so it will be addressed. On behalf of the hotel I apologize for any your experience. When travelling to this area I hope you will give us another opportunity to serve your hotel needs and provide quality service.

Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

Great value hotel. Comfortable beds with softness regulation. Good breakfast included and the best cookies offered in check in. Attentive service provided by a great team of professionals. Gym could be bigger though.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Ingrid I
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I am Diamond HH Member and stayed for two days in February on business trip. Location of hotel is great as it is right off the highway with easy access. Hotel was very clean. Parking was a bit tight as the lot is small. I was given a room on the executive level. Not sure what that gets you as it was a standard king room. Room was very clean with usual Doubletree beds ( one of my favorite beds). Rooms have flat HDTVs with standard selection of channels. Did have central air so AC is nice and quiet. Wifi was free for Diamonds but not the fastest I have used. Received free breakfast each morning. Selection was standard with eggs and meats and cold items. They did also have an omelet station. Quality of the items was good. Not those nasty freeze dried eggs.

The staff were all very friendly and ready to help however they can.

Really couldnt find anything wrong here! For those road warriors that frequent Doubletree hotels you should find everything you expect here. Price is right and location is great if this is where you need to be. This hotel is perfect example of why Doubletree is my favorite Hilton chain! Everything you need and nothing you don't. Keep up the good work!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Brenda W, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Dallas - Richardson, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

We want to thank you for staying with us at the DoubleTree by Hilton Dallas/Richardson. It was our pleasure to serve you and we appreciate your positive feedback. We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed here over the weekend and it was great. Drink tickets for free beverages at the bar because I am HHonors gold. The breakfast was buffet and for some reason they didn't have cooked to order going, but when I inquired about it they asked what I wanted and brought me a great omelet out exactly like I'm used to at Hilton properties. All of the staff were courteous and attentive. Rooms were great. The only thing I'm not crazy about and why not 5 instead of 4 stars is my bed was a sleep number bed instead of the sweet dreams beds I'm used to at DT. Some probably like that - I prefer the dreams.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Brenda W, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Dallas - Richardson, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

We appreciate your feedback, as we are always striving to be the best. I am glad you enjoyed the breakfast and our Hilton Honors amenities. We also have cook to order Monday though Friday for breakfast but I am glad our employee met your needs with a great omelet.
There are only a few sleep number beds left as we are changing over all bedding so please be sure and let us know what your preference is until we have changed the last few rooms.
Thank you for staying with us and I hope we will have you as our guest in the future.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

It is centrally located and the staff is very helpful and friendly. The rooms were extremely clean and quiet and the beds were lovely. The front desk staff was very corgial and the breakfast they offer has a wide variety of delicous foods.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Maggie W

Maggie, thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. The hotel is centrally located as you pointed out and we pride ourselves in providing high quality of service and cleanliness, so we appreciate you taking the time to note that this is what you recieved during your visit at the DoubleTree by Hilton Dallas/Richarson.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

With the exception of housekeeping and a younger female at the front desk, staff is extremely argumentative and dismissive. I just spoke with the general manager to let him know about the issue I personally experienced and it was like talking in different wave lengths. This is not a problem caused by employees, this is the tone set up by management to deal with guests. I have been travelling more than usual during the last two months which has given me the opportunity to experience some hotels that talk about customer service as opposed to the ones that actually offer it. In this property, my room is dark and dated, the bathroom does not have an exhaust fan; it is tiny, dark and poorly lighted. Electrical outlets do not hold the devices when you plug them in. Overall, I am not planning to come back to this property... ever, if I can help it.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Brenda W, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Dallas - Richardson, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

I want to first apologize for any inconvenience you experienced when staying with the DoubleTree by Hilton Dallas/Richardson. The hotel was renovated in 2009 and carpet was replaced again in 2012. Drapes were replaced January of 2013. I spoke with Engineering and they are checking the guest room outlets to address your challenges. I have also spoken to the Front Desk Manager and he is going to work with his Team to make sure that we comunicate in a positive manner when speaking with guest and any challenges they experience. It is always our goal to offer the highest qualify of service and it is disappointing that you did not experience that. I do hope you will give us another opportunity to serve your hotel needs.